Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 5th December 2017, 11:28 PM
#Throttleopen

Biker.ie Member No. 35312 from Deepsouth
322 posts since Sep 2015
Motorbike: GSXR600k7
Modifications: tiny no plate.
Default Re: New helmet stolen

Sorry to hear bout this..hope d wheel turns on d scumbags
Old 5th December 2017, 11:32 PM
ACDC

Biker.ie Member No. 3220
14,724 posts since May 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: suzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzukkkkkkk

sorry to hear , fooken scum
Old 6th December 2017, 12:57 AM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 36603 from Drumcondra
39 posts since Sep 2016
Motorbike: Kawasaki ER-6F & 77' KZ10
Modifications: Furry dice

Sorry to hear that. Was it in an underground car park or out on the street? I work around there too.
Old 6th December 2017, 01:03 AM

Biker.ie Member No. 32483 from Meath
1,548 posts since Dec 2013
Motorbike: Hornet 6

I wouldn't leave anything on the street in the city centre, Dublin is a shit hole infested with scumbags that need putting down
Old 6th December 2017, 01:36 AM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 37829
4 posts since Dec 2017

Originally Posted by atticman69 View Post
C**ts, work in IFSC myself and during the day its fine with the odd scumbag walking around but nighttime is a different story but there is plenty off CCTV in the area.

I learned my lesson for sure, I am parking there for 2 years now and always left the helmet locked to the bike but it was a basic HJC helmet, the new one only lasted a few days.

If you haven't got a spare helmet I've got a Shark size Large in the shed in a helmet bag I haven't worn it for at least 6-7 years but its perfect never dropped.
I had to walk all the way to megabikes and get another cheap helmet just to get back home as I live 50km from Dublin, could have asked a friend for a helmet as well but my mind was clouded with rage.

Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
Exact same thing happened to me in South Africa. Had the jocks and helmet in my hand heading into a restaurant. . . all the locals left everything (even keys) on the bike.

Came out an hour or two later and everything was still there - starting doing it myself for the rest of the trip with no issues. . . It really is Ireland/UK robbing mentality.

The guards/cops have no time/interest in stopping petty crime. . . jail time should be longer and involve more punishment.
There is a Garda car parked nearby almost every day but when I went up to them, they lowered the window by maybe 5cm and I was basically told to fuck off and go to the Garda station if I want to report something stolen. They sounded frustrated and disinterested.

Originally Posted by shellier46 View Post
I do security in ifsc where exactly .hopefully i can help
In the Mayor Square, I have attached a few pictures of exactly where.

Originally Posted by levin View Post
Dirty cnuts but I would never leave a lid locked to a bike , havnt seen anyone do it in a long time tbh
You're right, never again I will leave it locked to the bike. Most people leave their helmet on the bike in there, so did I but they weren't interested in the cheap helmet I had.

Originally Posted by scarebus03 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Was it in an underground car park or out on the street? I work around there too.
In the Mayor Square, beside the bicycle stands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 (2).jpg (32.7 KB)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (50.7 KB)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (24.5 KB)
Old 6th December 2017, 01:37 AM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 37829
4 posts since Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
I wouldn't leave anything on the street in the city centre, Dublin is a shit hole infested with scumbags that need putting down
Agree with you 100%, there is a famous neighbourhood nearby which needs cleansing, garda car parked there every day and they can't do anything.
Old 6th December 2017, 08:19 AM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 7763 from DUBLIN 13
626 posts since Jan 2008
Motorbike: Yamaha r6
Modifications: see what happens

Originally Posted by JoeJoyce View Post
I had to walk all the way to megabikes and get another cheap helmet just to get back home as I live 50km from Dublin, could have asked a friend for a helmet as well but my mind was clouded with rage.

There is a Garda car parked nearby almost every day but when I went up to them, they lowered the window by maybe 5cm and I was basically told to fuck off and go to the Garda station if I want to report something stolen. They sounded frustrated and disinterested.

In the Mayor Square, I have attached a few pictures of exactly where.

You're right, never again I will leave it locked to the bike. Most people leave their helmet on the bike in there, so did I but they weren't interested in the cheap helmet I had.

In the Mayor Square, beside the bicycle stands.
Ill find out today for you
Old 6th December 2017, 08:23 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 36294 from the big smoke
2,304 posts since Jun 2016
Motorbike: bicycle
Modifications: big belly

I had a bike robbed from the compound in store street Garda station a few years ago,as I was told it was safe too leave it there.came back and the bike was gone,went inside and the guy at the desk couldn't of a fuck about it.hebcouldnt even check the cctv the fucker.the bus station just beside cop shop/ifsc is 1 of the biggest shooting gallarys / heroin dealers hot spots in Dublin at the min.they even have blue lights in the jacks of the bus stations so junkies can't see there veins.
Op hope you get sorted out soon
Old 6th December 2017, 09:28 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
3,440 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: XR250 / XR650L / 1150GS

Never leave anything in a topbox, and never leave a lid attached to your bike
Old 6th December 2017, 09:46 AM
WSB Contender

626 posts since Jan 2008

Was told camers may have footage . You'll need a copper to get the it call 016668000
Old 6th December 2017, 09:58 AM
All I wanted was a Pepsi

Biker.ie Member No. 1921 from DNS Dublin
8,846 posts since Jun 2005
Motorbike: '01 ZRX1200R, '99 SV650S

Originally Posted by oretom View Post
About 15 years ago I met 6 Germans looking lost in Dublin, all of their helmets were stolen from bikes, seriously, you really should have known much better that to leave it on bike, I keep an eye on mine when itís 10ft away from me in local pub, yet usually once or twice every few months some stupid cunt tries to put it t on her head
Iíve had stuff nicked before, itís a real cunt, Iím still waiting to spot some lad wearing a jacke t I had almost 20 years later��
Enough with the victim-blaming. You might mean well, but it's a bad mindset to have. Your point - which is from where genuine people are usually coming - is that we should be vigilant and careful, and there's nothing wrong with that. But locking your helmet to your bike does not invite or entitle someone to steal it, and that needs to be the norm.

Old 6th December 2017, 10:22 AM
One Armed Git

Biker.ie Member No. 12895 from Swords
1,687 posts since Oct 2008
Motorbike: CTX 700N
Modifications: A few

My boss owns Lagoona bar across the street I'll ask them have they any outside footage that might help.

What day and time roughly did it happen?
Old 6th December 2017, 10:24 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
3,440 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: XR250 / XR650L / 1150GS

Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle View Post
Enough with the victim-blaming. You might mean well, but it's a bad mindset to have. Your point - which is from where genuine people are usually coming - is that we should be vigilant and careful, and there's nothing wrong with that. But locking your helmet to your bike does not invite or entitle someone to steal it, and that needs to be the norm.

by that logic, we should be able to leave the keys in the ignition too, and expect it to still be there when you get back.
Until thieves start getting their hands chopped off, I don't think the thieving fucks are going to change
Old 6th December 2017, 10:27 AM
WSB Contender

626 posts since Jan 2008

Ive put the word out aswell to see if anyone is selling or wearing , locally
Old 6th December 2017, 12:00 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 31434 from Dublin
202 posts since May 2013
Motorbike: kTm 690, kTm 990 SMR

Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle View Post

I don't see how that is victim blaming to be honest. A naive mistake was made in leaving a valuable item dubiously attached to a motorcycle in a rough area. I'd rather a bit of harsh realism than to be told how unfortunate I was and there there, it'll all be fine.
Old 7th December 2017, 11:04 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 35746 from Chinatown
1,975 posts since Jan 2016
Motorbike: Kwacker ZZR 1100 D9
Modifications: Anti-Gravity field

Mad leaving a 600 yo yo lid in the open like that in the center of any European City...its just too flash not to catch the eye of a Tea leaf
Old 7th December 2017, 12:00 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 9980 from west limerick
7,933 posts since May 2008
Motorbike: Heaps, in both senses
Modifications: Tyres, when necessary onl

sad reality is that you can leave nothing to chance, ya have to be paranoid and mind yer own stuff in this country cos the little fucks get away with this shit regularly, even to get caught fuck all happens to them, this is why the cops don't give a fuck, do all the chasing, paperwork galore, go to court and the cunt gets off with a fine that he doesn't bother to pay !!! why would ya fookin bother.?
Old 7th December 2017, 03:32 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 6342 from down south
398 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: too many !
Modifications: plenty

Originally Posted by shellier46 View Post
Was told camers may have footage . You'll need a copper to get the it call 016668000
fair dues shellier, biker.ie helping out again
Old 8th December 2017, 10:56 AM
Broke racer.

Biker.ie Member No. 2633 from The Pale
18,832 posts since Jan 2006
Motorbike: SS600 R6 #36 LWSS ZXR400 #36 CR125
Modifications: Shit loads for a shit rider!

Originally Posted by jp biker View Post
I had a bike robbed from the compound in store street Garda station a few years ago,as I was told it was safe too leave it there.came back and the bike was gone,went inside and the guy at the desk couldn't of a fuck about it.hebcouldnt even check the cctv the fucker.
That station is as corrupt as the cunts in the Dail.
Mate of mine was recovering a stolen vehicle from there years ago and when he was in the compound he noticed another mates stolen Africa Twin sitting there.
He told the owner that the bike was in Store Street compound, even though the guards said it had not been recovered. Long story short, when the owner ,went to claim it he was told he could have it back for Ä7,000, the current market value. One of the coppers was keeping it for himself. They were forever claiming stolen vehicles for themselves and selling them on. It all went sour and a massive rift in the station happened which led to:
Scroll down.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/in-short-1.1022368
Old 8th December 2017, 11:05 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 11951 from Dubland
8,107 posts since Aug 2008
Motorbike: FZ1
Modifications: Scorpion can, PC3

Originally Posted by PJ View Post
That station is as corrupt as the cunts in the Dail.
Mate of mine was recovering a stolen vehicle from there years ago and when he was in the compound he noticed another mates stolen Africa Twin sitting there.
He told the owner that the bike was in Store Street compound, even though the guards said it had not been recovered. Long story short, when the owner ,went to claim it he was told he could have it back for Ä7,000, the current market value. One of the coppers was keeping it for himself. They were forever claiming stolen vehicles for themselves and selling them on. It all went sour and a massive rift in the station happened which led to:
Scroll down.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/in-short-1.1022368
Jaysis, I hadnt heard of that before. Thats fucking low.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
helmet, stolen