Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Zx6r clicking,clunking, noise (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=248778)

Born2Survive 9th June 2019 09:19 PM

Zx6r clicking,clunking, noise

Hey all. Got a zx6r couple weeks ago and everything going well until this evening.
Coming home and suddenly heard a noise like say bellypan came loose and was scratching along ground...pulled over checked all plastics and all ok. Started off again and same noise,was just around from house so got home and gave all a good look over,no plastics loose so went to wheel bike backwards and heard a noise from around back brake caliber area like a clicking noise every couple of seconds. Checked all there but cant see anything loose,need ideas of what to look at. Chain is fine. Cant afford to bring bike shop at moment and dont want it to be something simple only to have them spoof me and say its something big. Any help be appreciated thanks.

SoulX 9th June 2019 09:24 PM

Re: Zx6r clicking,clunking, noise

[QUOTE=Born2Survive;3573601]Hey all. Got a zx6r couple weeks ago and everything going well until this evening.
Coming home and suddenly heard a noise like say bellypan came loose and was scratching along ground...pulled over checked all plastics and all ok. Started off again and same noise,was just around from house so got home and gave all a good look over,no plastics loose so went to wheel bike backwards and heard a noise from around back brake caliber area like a clicking noise every couple of seconds. Checked all there but cant see anything loose,need ideas of what to look at. Chain is fine. Cant afford to bring bike shop at moment and dont want it to be something simple only to have them spoof me and say its something big. Any help be appreciated thanks.[/QUOTE]

Could be the disc rattling?

allsorts&oddjobs 9th June 2019 09:45 PM

Also check brake pads, may be loose, missing retaining pin or anti rattle spring.

Gixxer 9th June 2019 09:47 PM

The clicking as you're wheeling the bike could be a stretched chain link. It's usually the master link wasn't installed properly and the pins have bent, so the master link ends up longer than the others, and it clicks as it rides over a tooth on the sprocket.
Or could be a fucked carrier bearing.

Born2Survive 9th June 2019 09:49 PM

Thanks...gives me few ideas

cloghan0 9th June 2019 11:22 PM

As Gixer said or as happened to me the front sprocket was worn and moving the bike made a clicking sound. Worth checking it out.

Born2Survive 10th June 2019 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=cloghan0;3573626]As Gixer said or as happened to me the front sprocket was worn and moving the bike made a clicking sound. Worth checking it out.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup2:

pedrosixfour 10th June 2019 12:12 PM

Make sure there isn't a bolt working its way out of the rear sprocket or rear disc.