Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 11th June 2018, 09:00 AM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,050 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
Default Andrew Irwin joins brother Glenn at Be Wiser Ducati

Be Wiser Ducati’s Glenn Irwin will be joined by younger brother Andrew at the Snetterton British Superbike round as he stands in for the injured Shane Byrne.

Click the image to open in full size.

Irwin has been riding in WorldSSP for the CIA Honda team and will come back to the British paddock this weekend for his Superbike debut. Both Irwins are testing at Knockhill today.

“To be given an opportunity with one of the best teams in the paddock is amazing and I can’t thank everyone at PBM and Be Wiser Ducati enough,” said Andrew.

“This is going to be a very steep learning curve but one which doesn’t daunt me, as I know with everyone’s help it will be made a lot easier, and who better to have on the other side of the garage than my big brother.

“I’ll give it my all and hope the results reflect the effort I’ll be putting in. I’d like to wish Shakey well in his recovery and I’ll do my best to keep the seat warm for him.”
Old 11th June 2018, 10:59 AM
Broke racer.

Biker.ie Member No. 2633 from The Pale
19,265 posts since Jan 2006
Motorbike: SS600 R6 #36 LWSS ZXR400 #36 CR125
Modifications: Shit loads for a shit rider!
Default Re: Andrew Irwin joins brother Glenn at Be Wiser Ducati

Carnage!!!!
Old 11th June 2018, 01:15 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31694 from Galway
2,046 posts since Jun 2013
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Fjr
Default Re: Andrew Irwin joins brother Glenn at Be Wiser Ducati

Sweet mother of god!! Neither of m exactly calm out on track.......Glen won't be taking any prisoners he'll see it as a big chance to step up with shakey out....Andrew should just cruise around and treat it as a "keep it upright" learning experience......buuuuut he won't he's gona pin it from the start. Its gona be one interesting watch!!

Last edited by hooch; 11th June 2018 at 02:49 PM.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays