Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Reply
 
  #1  
Old 25th June 2018, 05:49 PM
chrismon's Avatar
chrismon chrismon is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 12463 from Midlands
3,389 posts since Sep 2008
Motorbike: Yamasaki Fire Ninja 850
Default Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Does anyone have a coloured wiring diagram for the above?
Have to try get this poxy imobiliser out of the bike and need some sort of reference.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25th June 2018, 09:23 PM
DavyH DavyH is online now
MotoGP Legend
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34191
2,343 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: Cb,Vtr,Xrv,Nt
Modifications: A few bits and pieces!
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Strip it back to bare wiring without disconnecting anything, use masking tape on any wires on the alarm side to mark them off... Blue with white tracer etc. It should become pretty obvious what has been tapped into. You'll possibly have 2 circuits or more that are being used to immobilize the bike, then it'll go to indos, power before and after ignition, and at least one earth
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25th June 2018, 10:02 PM
chrismon's Avatar
chrismon chrismon is offline
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 12463 from Midlands
3,389 posts since Sep 2008
Motorbike: Yamasaki Fire Ninja 850
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Originally Posted by DavyH
Strip it back to bare wiring without disconnecting anything, use masking tape on any wires on the alarm side to mark them off... Blue with white tracer etc. It should become pretty obvious what has been tapped into. You'll possibly have 2 circuits or more that are being used to immobilize the bike, then it'll go to indos, power before and after ignition, and at least one earth
Thanks Davy
I have the loom fully pulled stripped apart, the wiring is shocking
Honestly whoever wired it wants a kick in the arse if it was a professional job, dodgy soldering and not a piece of heatshrink anywhere
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25th June 2018, 10:21 PM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is offline
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
12,943 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Originally Posted by chrismon
Thanks Davy
I have the loom fully pulled stripped apart, the wiring is shocking
Honestly whoever wired it wants a kick in the arse if it was a professional job, dodgy soldering and not a piece of heatshrink anywhere
Some of the worst soldering jobs I've ever seen were on Datatool alarms I've ripped off bikes, and they can only be fitted by 'professionals'

Most likely, all the wires from the alarm will be black. I'd be surprised if they were coloured. You'll have to look into the bike loom to get the matching pairs, and even then some bikes can be a twat, but mostly they're not tea bag.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25th June 2018, 10:50 PM
chrismon's Avatar
chrismon chrismon is offline
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 12463 from Midlands
3,389 posts since Sep 2008
Motorbike: Yamasaki Fire Ninja 850
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Originally Posted by Gixxer
Some of the worst soldering jobs I've ever seen were on Datatool alarms I've ripped off bikes, and they can only be fitted by 'professionals'

Most likely, all the wires from the alarm will be black. I'd be surprised if they were coloured. You'll have to look into the bike loom to get the matching pairs, and even then some bikes can be a twat, but mostly they're not tea bag.
Cheers for that Gixxer.

Some dodgy "professionals" out there alright
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26th June 2018, 07:03 AM
spray____ spray____ is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34990 from Wicklow
400 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: 2006 ZX10R
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Originally Posted by chrismon
Does anyone have a coloured wiring diagram for the above?
Have to try get this poxy imobiliser out of the bike and need some sort of reference.
What year?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26th June 2018, 07:05 AM
chrismon's Avatar
chrismon chrismon is offline
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 12463 from Midlands
3,389 posts since Sep 2008
Motorbike: Yamasaki Fire Ninja 850
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

2005
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26th June 2018, 07:06 AM
spray____ spray____ is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34990 from Wicklow
400 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: 2006 ZX10R
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Nevermind.

I would assume it's the same as the 1000. Wiring diagram is in the back, page 521.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzb...ew?usp=sharing
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26th June 2018, 07:13 AM
spray____ spray____ is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34990 from Wicklow
400 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: 2006 ZX10R
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Actually, those are different body styles. The K3 1000 might be better:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...mU4ejJWQkZXMHc
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26th June 2018, 09:16 AM
chrismon's Avatar
chrismon chrismon is offline
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 12463 from Midlands
3,389 posts since Sep 2008
Motorbike: Yamasaki Fire Ninja 850
Default Re: Wiring diagram GSXR K5 750

Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Tags
750, diagram, gsxr, wiring


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gsxr 600/750 k6-k8 opinions? jake361 General Bike Chat 23 4th May 2018 03:29 PM
For Sale : Suzuki GSXR 600 K2 dvgenius Buying and Selling 19 22nd February 2018 12:04 PM
Wiring Diagram Gitzy The Workshop 6 4th September 2006 05:18 PM
Service Manual In Pdf File Format JonnyBoy Buying and Selling 9 19th July 2006 06:18 PM
Help! Looking For Suzuki Wiring Diagram kristy123 The Workshop 11 18th October 2005 03:18 AM


Support Biker.ie


Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed