Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 5th September 2017, 11:44 AM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
33,280 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
Default Vinales to race Rossi's YZR-M1 at San Marino

Click the image to open in full size.

Movistar Yamaha have announced they will not replace Valentino Rossi at this weekend’s Misano MotoGP round and Maverick Vinales will be the sole rider.

Rossi was ruled out by a broken leg last Thursday night and Yamaha have opted not to draft in anyone to occupy Rossi’s chair.

The accident prone Italian rider curtailed teammate Vinales efforts for a win on identical spec 2018 prototype M1's during the latter stages of the previous race meeting at Silverstone, however the Catalonia eventually got past and proved noticeably quicker than Rossi to close the gap on eventual race winner Andrea Dovizioso, but it was too late to stage an attack.

It is rumoured that Vinales, currently placed third in the world title championship on 170 points ahead of Rossi, will race the faster #46 spec 2017 YZR-M1 at the Marco Simoncelli Misano World Circuit this weekend, attempting to close a 13pt deficit on the current championship leader Andrea Dovizioso at Ducati's home round.

A team statement reads as follows:
The Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team regrets to report that Valentino Rossi will not be able to compete in the upcoming Gran Premio Tribul Mastercard di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini, to be held this weekend.

The Factory Yamaha team will compete in round 13 of the 2017 MotoGP World Championship with Maverick Vinales as its sole rider.

The whole of Yamaha and all our sponsors and merchandisers wish Valentino a speedy recovery and hope to see him back as soon as possible.
Click the image to open in full size.

As the shortshifting shirtlifting Italian icon's dream of another home win goes up in smoke.
Old 5th September 2017, 12:15 PM
Serial buyer of keepers.

Biker.ie Member No. 13184 from Wesht Clare
9,397 posts since Nov 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: TBS, Bavarian Rocket.
Modifications: Extra Db and polish.
Default Re: Vinales to race Rossi's YZR-M1 at San Marino

Nice to see the haters are having a field day.
Old 5th September 2017, 02:17 PM
Chief Physician
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

What goes around, comes around and as unpalatable as it sounds for diehard-on Rossi fans; 2017 is set to become a much more exciting MotoGP showdown due to his absence.

The focus will be on better riders like Vinales, who will have full team support ( and no distractions with a yellow entourage following Yamaha's around like a bad smell ) to compete with Marquez and Dovizioso.

Its unlikely that faster riders will now get kicked from their bikes at Malaysia ( like Rossi got penalised for ) this year, so it'll come down to raw talent and speed in the end.
Old 5th September 2017, 03:30 PM
Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur's Avatar
Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur is offline
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 32434 from Kildare
552 posts since Nov 2013
Motorbike: z750

vinales to ride rossi bike in san marino

would there be that much of a difference in the speed of the 2 m1s?
Old 5th September 2017, 03:34 PM
Broke racer.

Biker.ie Member No. 2633 from The Pale
18,794 posts since Jan 2006
Motorbike: SS600 R6 #36 LWSS ZXR400 #36 CR125
Modifications: Shit loads for a shit rider!

Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur
vinales to ride rossi bike in san marino

No
Old 5th September 2017, 04:45 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31102
1,206 posts since Mar 2013
Motorbike: moped ( 39cc)
Modifications: lobotomy

Originally Posted by Admin
What goes around, comes around and as unpalatable as it sounds for diehard-on Rossi fans; 2017 is set to become a much more exciting MotoGP showdown due to his absence.

The focus will be on better riders like Vinales, who will have full team support ( and no distractions with a yellow entourage following Yamaha's around like a bad smell ) to compete with Marquez and Dovizioso.

Its unlikely that faster riders will now get kicked from their bikes at Malaysia ( like Rossi got penalised for ) this year, so it'll come down to raw talent and speed in the end.
Rossi's record this year is 1 win , 2 seconds , 2 thirds , 2 fourths , 1 fifth , 1 seventh , 1 eight , 1 tenth and one retirement . He will be 39 in February . He is the biggest draw in moto GP and in all bike racing . Like him r loathe him he is acknowledged to be the GOAT ( greatest of all time ). He is also generally acknowledged as a ruthless crunt who will do anything to win .
Old 5th September 2017, 06:25 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 15313 from Wherever i lay my hat
584 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: Gsxr 1000 KY,

Shit....i thought it was Great On A Todger......thats me told...
Old 5th September 2017, 06:39 PM
Chief Physician

vinales to ride rossi in san marino

Huge difference, generally speaking the star rider gets the best bike - similar to Shakey Bryne always running up the front with team mate Irwin back in 18th playing catch up on an older generation bike and given no real attention by the pit crew.

Both Yamaha's were identical 2018 prototype bikes at Silverstone and Rossi got beaten by his team mate, so now that he's out of the picture - Watch Vinales fly - great for the championship !

I accept that he's the biggest draw and acknowledged to be a goat by homosexuals BIvy, as you must also accept that Stoner and Dovi are much better riders on a Ducati that Valentino simply couldn't string a few corners together on.

Looking forward to actual racing footage now where you can see something, instead of Rossi's butt-cam that's designed to cater for our yellow-flag waving contingent but do wish him a speedy recovery and retirement when he's had time to reflect.
Old 5th September 2017, 07:05 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Jack stowage
Shit....i thought it was Great On A Todger......thats me told...
Old 5th September 2017, 09:32 PM
Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur is offline
Supporter

552 posts since Nov 2013

Huge difference, generally speaking the star rider gets the best bike - similar to Shakey Bryne always running up the front with team mate Irwin back in 18th playing catch up on an older model generation bike and given no real attention by the pit crew.

Both Yamaha's were identical 2018 prototype bikes at Silverstone and Rossi got beaten by his team mate, so now that he's out of the picture - Watch Vinales fly - great for the championship !

I accept that he's the biggest draw and acknowledged to be a goat by homosexuals BIvy, as you must also accept that Stoner and Dovi are much better riders on a Ducati that Valentino simply couldn't string a few corners together on.

Looking forward to actual racing footage now where you can see something, instead of Rossi's butt-cam that's designed to cater for our yellow-flag waving contingent but do wish him a speedy recovery and retirement when he's had time to reflect.

Agree with you on stoner on the ducati back in the days he raced far better than rossi but the ducati dovi is on now is miles better than the old ducati stoner or rossi would have rode. And im not just saying that cause i would be a rossi fan but you can't really compare both those bikes.

I am delighted dovi is doing well this year he has been a great rider for years and the fact that he is showing lorenzo up just makes it all the better. Can't stand Lorenzo or marquez to be honest.

Yes rossi is the goat. Yes he is a massive draw to motorbike racing in general. Yes it is impressive thst he is still kinda competitive at his age but all that been said i think he should retire at the end of his contract and focus on the vr46 academy and share his knowledge with young rider on a full time bases.

This season has been great so far i am delighted to see more than marquez/lorenzo/rossi winning races. Its just a pity there are no Irish riders any more
Old 5th September 2017, 11:49 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 23271 from tipperary
565 posts since Aug 2010
Motorbike: zx6r.cr 500sm. ktm950 sm.
Modifications: black duct tape

Agree with you on stoner on the ducati back in the days he raced far better than rossi but the ducati dovi is on now is miles better than the old ducati stoner or rossi would have rode. And im not just saying that cause i would be a rossi fan but you can't really compare both those bikes.

I am delighted dovi is doing well this year he has been a great rider for years and the fact that he is showing lorenzo up just makes it all the better. Can't stand Lorenzo or marquez to be honest.

Yes rossi is the goat. Yes he is a massive draw to motorbike racing in general. Yes it is impressive thst he is still kinda competitive at his age but all that been said i think he should retire at the end of his contract and focus on the vr46 academy and share his knowledge with young rider on a full time bases.

This season has been great so far i am delighted to see more than marquez/lorenzo/rossi winning races. Its just a pity there are no Irish riders any more
Rossi above all else loves to race and if yamaha will have him he will be back imo.
Old 6th September 2017, 11:53 AM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 31868
76 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: SV650S 1st gen aka Curvy

The whole MotoGP circus/theatre need a new star rider before Vale retires. Someone who can cause a bit of controversy, laid back a bit, gets the results, has cult following and can be a bit of a bastard to fight with. Marquez is an obvious choice as a Wonder Kid but they need someone else to form a firm rivalry, elbow to elbow situations and what not. Dovi is to tame, Lorenzo is too bitchy, Viniales is fast but still has a lot to do on PR front to do. Zarco so far is the best candidate for me, Mr Shy Guy when interviewed but will decapitate the competition upon request . I think they will slowly "prepare" the stage for Zarco to take over. Or maybe Morbidelli if VDS proves to be a good bike in right hands.
It would be nice to see more riders give Marquez a run for his money more often, only a good things come from this.
For Vale missing Misano - I root for Dovi and Zarco now so it's irrelevant to me, I won't cry about it, the race will be interesting anyway. I wish him a speedy recovery, broken femur is a serious thing.
Old 6th September 2017, 12:48 PM
Chief Physician

Lorenzo is a smoother rider and has probably won more races than Rossi on that Yamaha, yet even he can't master the desmosedici and is lucky to finish inside the top 10 so far this season, so if the Ducati was 'miles better' than the bike Rossi was on you'd at least expect him to be competing for a podium position every race.

Rossi & Lorenzo were just average riders on top machinery, while Stoner and Dovi are top riders on average machinery.

I think the main reason people are drawn to Rossi, is to 'fit in' with the group and hoards of others like minded imbeciles in the safety and lure of a mob mentality, ordinary people are products of their environment and the behavioral habits of those who cannot objectively think for themselves is to act in unison like a herd of sheep or brainless birds in formation, and he does have a great ass and flirtatious character so who better to flutter your wings to.

The flock often seek comfort and condolences from a group hug when the chips are down, and then share in the jovial warmth and bum pinching celebrations if their bird flies home to victory, it's a social and culturally significant anthropological desire to be loved, which transcends the role of reproduction with the opposite sex and can often have devastating repercussions in nature, such as lemmings jumping off a cliff, and evolutionary cul-de-sacs with some now extinct wildlife, little is know about how this affects the complex human patterns of causality in psychological and behavioural phenomena going forward and if the freud and darwinian influences on modern thought should be reexamined and brought to bear, but what we can categorically deduce so far, is that there could be a latent homosexual in each and every rossi fan.
Old 6th September 2017, 01:28 PM
Supporter

Lorenzo is a smoother rider and has probably won more races than Rossi on that Yamaha, yet even he can't master the desmosedici and is lucky to finish inside the top 10 so far this season, so if the Ducati was 'miles better' than the bike Rossi was on you'd at least expect him to be competing for a podium position every race.

Rossi & Lorenzo were just average riders on top machinery, while Stoner and Dovi are top riders on average machinery.

I think the main reason people are drawn to Rossi, is to 'fit in' with the group and hoards of others like minded imbeciles in the safety and lure of a mob mentality, ordinary people are products of their environment and the behavioral habits of those who cannot objectively think for themselves is to act in unison like a herd of sheep or brainless birds in formation, and he does have a great ass and flirtatious character so who better to flutter your wings to.

The flock often seek comfort and condolences from a group hug when the chips are down, and then share in the jovial warmth and bum pinching celebrations if their bird flies home to victory, it's a social and culturally significant anthropological desire to be loved, which transcends the role of reproduction with the opposite sex and can often have devastating repercussions in nature, such as lemmings jumping off a cliff, and evolutionary cul-de-sacs with some now extinct wildlife, little is know about how this affects the complex human patterns of causality in psychological and behavioural phenomena going forward and if the freud and darwinian influences on modern thought should be reexamined and brought to bear, but what we can categorically deduce so far, is that there could be a latent homosexual in each and every rossi fan.

Hmmm... you wouldn't be repressing a latent and burning subliminal homosexual yearning yourself would you ? does your pulse quicken a little when you see Rossi pulling the leathers from his bum cheeks crack every time he sets out from the pits. Does your heart race and do you find your palms all sweaty when he crouches beside the machine to flex his lithe limbs before he goes into battle ? These are feelings not to be ashamed of .. come out of the closet and declare yourself to the world .. be as brave as Rossi and maybe say a quick rosary , or better still make a novena that the gallant Rossi can soon return to the fold and thrill us all with the sight of his latin ass swinging from side to side as he winds his way through tricky bends. Put on your yellow jocks , take a deep breath and walk with pride
Old 6th September 2017, 02:15 PM
Chief Physician

Yeah, these Gay Monthly and Grinder articles that I never read, okay I do / nonchalant Roger hand thrown / seem to quote 'studies' that suggest homophobic men are actually closet homosexuals, a paper never refused ink and whatever sells or commands more in depth research and resources into a particular field will sometimes taint the articles outcome, especially if the author is gay, OMG, can you imagineee, anyway, I think this stance and urban myth should be dismissed as lubricious, sry, ludicrous, nonsense unless they're taking into account a series of perspectives in gay lesbian studies, in which case, yes, more research and examination should be advanced in that particular direction, as has been recorded uninhibited for generations in literature, art, and philosophy, but the female form should never be heard, that's why men prefer foreigners they can't understand, and will sometimes murder using blunt objects in the intimate surroundings of such figurative imagery ; " get us a pack of fags dere love will ye " ughhh. Anyway, yes, It's the Rossi arse-cam that does it for me, followed by a clumsy tumble into the kitty litter - the yellow underpants come straight off !
Old 6th September 2017, 04:49 PM
Supporter

Yeah, these Gay Monthly and Grinder articles that I never read, okay I do / nonchalant Roger hand thrown / seem to quote 'studies' that suggest homophobic men are actually closet homosexuals, a paper never refused ink and whatever sells or commands more in depth research and resources into a particular field will sometimes taint the articles outcome, especially if the author is gay, OMG, can you imagineee, anyway, I think this stance and urban myth should be dismissed as lubricious, sry, ludicrous, nonsense unless they're taking into account a series of perspectives in gay lesbian studies, in which case, yes, more research and examination should be advanced in that particular direction, as has been recorded uninhibited for generations in literature, art, and philosophy, but the female form should never be heard, that's why men prefer foreigners they can't understand, and will sometimes murder using blunt objects in the intimate surroundings of such figurative imagery ; " get us a pack of fags dere love will ye " ughhh. Anyway, yes, It's the Rossi arse-cam that does it for me, followed by a clumsy tumble into the kitty litter - the yellow underpants come straight off !
Old 6th September 2017, 11:42 PM
Supporter

552 posts since Nov 2013

dont disagree with you about lorenzo i just think he is a prat. nothing to do with his talent as a rider.

your comparing his time on the yamaha to how he is doing on the ducati now. the yamaha was set up well which allowed him to ride it smoother the ducati is a far diffferent beast so it will take him time to master it i personalty think he wont do great for the rest of the season but by next year i think he will be competitive on it.

my earlier comment about the ducati lorenzo was riding been "miles better" than the bike rossi was on was in reference to when rossi was on the ducati and not the yamaha he now rides.

i agree with you about the mass of rossi fans been sheep and most of them would struggle to name other riders

im enjoying seen the satellite teams been more competitive this year. there has been some awesome talent coming up the last few years with zarco/folger challenging for the front and next year hopefully morbedelli and nakagami will be able to make a big impression too
Old 6th September 2017, 11:59 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 3844 from Dublin South
1,892 posts since Oct 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Z1000SX
Modifications: Your Ma!

Are you comparing Rossi supporters to Trump voters?
Old 7th September 2017, 12:40 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 9615 from Naas
1,140 posts since Apr 2008
Motorbike: r1150rockster
Modifications: nothing silly

I think he should take his hat, and focus on bringing the youngsters up! And Zarco can take the factory ride. It would make it really interesting. I am delighted for Dovi, hope the shithead MM will never win a championship again! Either whining Lorenzo.
Old 7th September 2017, 06:50 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 5727 from cork
39 posts since May 2007
Motorbike: S1000rr, GSXR K9 1000
Modifications: TYCO ,WORX CRESCENT

motogp san marino pre event press conference

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Tags
fans, marino, race, rossi, san, vinales, yzrm1

Support Biker.ie