Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 11th March 2018, 09:49 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 15104 from Meath
1,518 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: fz1, 34-26-35
Modifications: none
Default Re: Banned from Bikefest

Originally Posted by Gixxer
I almost bought a Harley once, but when I realised you had to take it up the arse in order to own one, I politely declined.
did the arseless chaps accessory not give it away
Old 11th March 2018, 02:02 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 36909 from Laois/Offaly
388 posts since Jan 2017
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: SV650K5 & ZRX1200R
Modifications: Eh.......

I'd sioux.
Old 11th March 2018, 02:06 PM
Agent of Fortune

Biker.ie Member No. 6420 from Co. Wexford
4,476 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: Honda VFR 800 fi

Originally Posted by pedrosixfour
I'd sioux.
Old 11th March 2018, 04:17 PM
Resident Sheep Shagger

Biker.ie Member No. 5869 from Cork, no excuses
20,506 posts since Jun 2007
Motorbike: Orange Flymo & a few

Originally Posted by faz1
did the arseless chaps accessory not give it away
I'd say Gixxer's an advocate for arseless chaps all right
Old 12th March 2018, 01:06 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 11797 from Kilkenny
277 posts since Aug 2008
Motorbike: Yamaha FJR 1300

Gixxer was it you who started the discussion about ectomorphs and indomorphs earlier, here we go south again.
Old 12th March 2018, 01:46 PM
Rossi fan

Biker.ie Member No. 19208
8,591 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: Gixxer
Modifications: Plenty

Isn’t free advertising on Irelands biggest biker forum, and competitor bashing with the one stone great...
Old 12th March 2018, 01:57 PM
Novice Racer
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 36662
86 posts since Oct 2016
Motorbike: Indian Scout
Modifications: A lot

Originally Posted by pedrosixfour
I'd sioux.
Old 12th March 2018, 01:58 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 33777 from Dublin
128 posts since Sep 2014
Motorbike: Indian Scout Bobber,800GS

Originally Posted by efanton
Harley Davidson sponsor an event, they pay good money for the opportunity to promote their wares and associate their product with a major biking festival in Ireland, and some other company objects that they should have an equal right to promote their wares without paying for the sponsorship?
I don't think Franklin Motorcycles were going there to sell Indian bikes, but to advertise and sell merchandise. Other brands are permitted (Honda have a stand). So, surely it should be either no other brand is permitted to sell their merchandise, or else any brand can sell merchandise?

While Harley are a main sponsor, they are not the only sponsor. Their sponsorship certainly does and should give them priority and advertising, but if BikeFest is promoted as a biker festival, then surely it should be open, or else call it a HogFest or a Harley Davidson BikeFest?
Old 12th March 2018, 06:33 PM
Buswald's Finest

Biker.ie Member No. 21188
4,690 posts since Mar 2010
Motorbike: same as my friend iano

maybe it's the hardley & friends fest.. and indian ain't internet friends with hardley
Old 13th March 2018, 06:17 PM
Novice Racer
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 36662
86 posts since Oct 2016
Motorbike: Indian Scout
Modifications: A lot

Originally Posted by PaulW
I don't think Franklin Motorcycles were going there to sell Indian bikes, but to advertise and sell merchandise. Other brands are permitted (Honda have a stand). So, surely it should be either no other brand is permitted to sell their merchandise, or else any brand can sell merchandise?

While Harley are a main sponsor, they are not the only sponsor. Their sponsorship certainly does and should give them priority and advertising, but if BikeFest is promoted as a biker festival, then surely it should be open, or else call it a HogFest or a Harley Davidson BikeFest?
100%paulw
Old 13th March 2018, 08:58 PM
Agent of Fortune

Biker.ie Member No. 6420 from Co. Wexford
4,476 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: Honda VFR 800 fi

Originally Posted by IndianVictory
100%paulw
So what's the plan?
Old 14th March 2018, 12:22 AM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
12,786 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by jellikit
So what's the plan?
Was wondering this myself

What's the score?

You've posted up zero information here, and I'm fucked if I'm sullying the good pages of my browser with bookface shite again, but
"Would appreciate any support" doesn't give us a whole lot to work on.
What support would you like?
Do you want to loan us all Indians and bikebomb gayFest, or what?

Let us know what you want in the way of support... or was this post just a precursor to a "Look at out wares" post?
Old 14th March 2018, 01:40 AM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 35658 from North Cork
526 posts since Jan 2016
Motorbike: Suzuki GSX 600F

Originally Posted by PaulW

the question is more likely did Franklyn offer any sponsorship to this event at all, or did they expect to just purchase a stand and trade?

We know HD put sponsorship money into the event, and without that initial cash the event simply could not happen. Theres a big difference between sponsoring an event and simply paying for a stand or stall. Didnt see the Honda stand last year, dont know how I missed that, but did they put sponsorship funding in to the festival?

So maybe IndianVictory will enlighten us. Did Franklin offer to help with sponsorship or did they simply want to purchase a stall or stand. there's a big difference between the two

Last edited by efanton; 14th March 2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 14th March 2018, 09:16 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 5424
1,269 posts since May 2007
Motorbike: S1000R
Modifications: Clean...ish

Originally Posted by efanton
Did Franklin offer to help with sponsorship or did they simply want to purchase a stall or stand. there's a big difference between the two
And what would they get if they did sponsor it? Their name on the event? Do you honestly want it to be called the "Harley Davidson Indian Honda Irish Tourism Wild Atlantic Way Bikefest" ?

Paying for your stall space should be enough.
Old 14th March 2018, 09:33 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
3,835 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA

There's always the National Ploughing Championships in September...
Old 14th March 2018, 09:45 AM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
33,879 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide

Originally Posted by IndianVictory
Would appreciate any support ,,, see our FB page and see what competition does and having a choice.

It's a disgrace but what's next ?
The only way to sort this is to have Henry Cole ( or some equally respected and revered journo feared thruout the land ) inaugurate a new motorcycle club to virtually slain these fuckers on bookface with a sustained campaign of frowney faces and shitty remarks that will cast them into the dark abyss of social media to form the constellation of an armchair biker who looks like santa clause in peoples perception.

This could gain traction and get picked up by the media with a well timed tip-off to Ciaran Mullooly ( yes it's true, we sometimes share a Sauna and compare weener sizes, his once got caught in the pine door of Hyades and the sound of the ravens caw was so raucous it made the milk in peoples tea curdle ) and have 'the gardai involved' to add leverage and lend credence and authority to your quest (a veiled threat by PM should do it) beware though - things could get ugly and really backfire if it spills rain in June and the harleyfest call in Teresa Mannion !

If it were me, and you just can't count on the weather, I'd virtually assassinate her (just in case) with an animated lesbian flash game that went viral right before things kick off, mainly to undermine her credibility, make her sporadically and unreliability burst out crying on TV and to have the general public unwittingly associate and think of Avril Doyle's snatch every time she opens her mouth., make no mistake - it's not the sons of blarney you need to fear - Teresa is your biggest threat in all of this.
Old 14th March 2018, 02:14 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 26002 from louth
648 posts since Apr 2011
Motorbike: honda cbf1000
Modifications: bungs, top box, hugger etc

Originally Posted by Admin
The only way to sort this is to have Henry Cole ( or some equally respected and revered journo feared thruout the land ) inaugurate a new motorcycle club to virtually slain these fuckers on bookface with a sustained campaign of frowney faces and shitty remarks that will cast them into the dark abyss of social media to form the constellation of an armchair biker who looks like santa clause in peoples perception.

This could gain traction and get picked up by the media with a well timed tip-off to Ciaran Mullooly ( yes it's true, we sometimes share a Sauna and compare weener sizes, his once got caught in the pine door of Hyades and the sound of the ravens caw was so raucous it made the milk in peoples tea curdle ) and have 'the gardai involved' to add leverage and lend credence and authority to your quest (a veiled threat by PM should do it) beware though - things could get ugly and really backfire if it spills rain in June and the harleyfest call in Teresa Mannion !

If it were me, and you just can't count on the weather, I'd virtually assassinate her (just in case) with an animated lesbian flash game that went viral right before things kick off, mainly to undermine her credibility, make her sporadically and unreliability burst out crying on TV and to have the general public unwittingly associate and think of Avril Doyle's snatch every time she opens her mouth., make no mistake - it's not the sons of blarney you need to fear - Teresa is your biggest threat in all of this.
Would going to Harleyfest be considered making an unnecessary journey, or would that be an ecumenical matter.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
bikefest

Support Biker.ie

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed