Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 12th March 2018, 01:00 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,444 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS
Default Re: Insurance renewal, who's best?

Originally Posted by SandR
Thanks. Sure, I'll tell them the truth.
I'm just very surprised. I always thought the "Sunday driver" and "speed devil" hobbyist categories are the most dangerous one could imagine and that I'm grey and boring with my commuting plans.
It's a matter of percentages and chances I guess... If it rains during the weekend, the weekend warrior is most likely not to go out. Where the commuter will most likely go out regardless (on average, I know there's exceptions either way).

Riders/Drivers during the weekend tend to be a little bit more wired and paying attention other than the zombie commute to work.

Also, more likely to have heavier traffic, probably leave your bike less protected than at your home, etc...

So, yeah... you're most likely to make a claim if you commute than if you don't.... "on average".
Old 12th March 2018, 01:23 PM
Clubman
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 30882 from Cork City
204 posts since Feb 2013
Motorbike: Honda VFR 1200f
Modifications: DAM exhaust...sweet

Originally Posted by SandR
Thanks. Sure, I'll tell them the truth.
I'm just very surprised. I always thought the "Sunday driver" and "speed devil" hobbyist categories are the most dangerous one could imagine and that I'm grey and boring with my commuting plans.
Well to honest, I fall into that catoagory, not the dangerous one, the Sunday & hobbyist. And as RTV said, its percentages. I have lower milage and less use, full NCD, in me forties and I need a cage for the work I do (they consider me "lower risk"), hence the 240 quote (after a bit of fuckin and blinding of course). Twice last year I had to use the bike to commute and I asked about it. They included it for free (some may not), but ya have to tell them if they don't ask. The same applies to pillion, some ask and charge more, some don't (they probably should), but ya need to declare it to be safe and sure.

Cheers
Old 12th March 2018, 01:37 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 37934
180 posts since Jan 2018
Motorbike: Previous: Kawasaki ZZR400

Thanks guys!

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
insurance, renewal