Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 6th November 2017, 07:37 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 3441 from Ireland
1,555 posts since Jul 2006
Motorbike: Ducati 1098
Modifications: petrol
Default Galway applegreen doesnt trust bikers anymore

Hi Folks,

Pulled into applegreen tonite, only one at pumps, try to put fuel in bike but no action...notice three attendants looking out doin fuck all,,,eventually an attendant comes out, says theres a problem...their policy is not to turn on fuel when person sitting on bike or when their helmets on....i said"oh right, so ye dont trust bikers.... thats fine", put the pump handle back up, and told him id get me fuel elsewhere and give my money to someone who deserves it! went up to monaghans and got it there, no probs. im 36, driving since 16...never had that happen to me before! There is two cars and a bike in Galway that will never ever be buying fuel off Applegreen Galway again!!
Old 6th November 2017, 07:45 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 23155
1,197 posts since Jul 2010
Motorbike: Katana
Default Re: Galway applegreen doesnt trust bikers anymore

yep, good action, you did the correct thing, spread the word too, I had to do the same in my local shop a couple of years ago, I even go into the bank with the lid on with no hassle, I do eventually take it off just in case in the bank, but not until I'm actually inside and queuing up possibly worth looking into or sending a typed letter to the manager or at least an e-mial and indicate you are going public with the issue and its discrimination etc.....
Old 6th November 2017, 08:00 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 35359
121 posts since Sep 2015
Motorbike: pointy SV650s
Modifications: heated exhaust, sunroof

put a burka on over your helmet
Old 6th November 2017, 08:14 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 25426 from CORK, like, boi.
243 posts since Mar 2011
Motorbike: r1200r, klr650, tzr125,++
Modifications: pipe,slippers, cappucino

Originally Posted by frozen
put a burka on over your helmet
Wear a hoodie under your jocks, take off helmet, pull up hood, fill tank,hood back down again, put helmet back on, go in and browse for a few minutes having left bike blocking access to pump, and finally pay.........
Only if you have the time and feel like messing with them, otherwise take your money elsewhere.
Old 6th November 2017, 08:16 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 13490
1,354 posts since Dec 2008
Motorbike: KTM, Triumph

[QUOTE=frozen;3505360]put a burka on over your

Old 6th November 2017, 08:27 PM
MotoGP Legend
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 3441 from Ireland
1,555 posts since Jul 2006
Motorbike: Ducati 1098
Modifications: petrol

Originally Posted by VJMC
yep, good action, you did the correct thing, spread the word too, I had to do the same in my local shop a couple of years ago, I even go into the bank with the lid on with no hassle, I do eventually take it off just in case in the bank, but not until I'm actually inside and queuing up possibly worth looking into or sending a typed letter to the manager or at least an e-mial and indicate you are going public with the issue and its discrimination etc.....
Not gona waste my time on them...just said id let the bikers on this know...and ye can decide for yourselves if ye ever want to be pulling up and giving money to a shower of cnuts who think bikers are untrusty scum..

Last edited by exuppower2003; 6th November 2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 6th November 2017, 08:54 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 8741 from Cill mhaintain
10,426 posts since Mar 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: sp1, crf rally ,z50monkey
Modifications: Yes but no faster

Send Applegreen an email and add the link to this thread. Sure ya can’t fill a bike if your not sitting on it
And anyway APPLEGREEN PETROL IS UTTER SHITE

Last edited by N11 EXPRESS; 6th November 2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 6th November 2017, 09:12 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 8886 from Craggy Island
8,275 posts since Mar 2008
Motorbike: Tae fathers??????
Modifications: Go on,go on,go on,GO ON!!

Originally Posted by exuppower2003
Not gona waste my time on them...just said id let the bikers on this know...and ye can decide for yourselves if ye ever want to be pulling up and giving money to a shower of cnuts who think bikers are untrusty scum..
Oh will you quit your strop ffs. Get over it...if it's their policy....its their policy....move on.

You sound like a child that got his arse slapped after getting caught with a hand in the sweetie jar...

Old 6th November 2017, 09:14 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 5461 from Dublin
1,064 posts since May 2007

Wouldn't buy from applegreen anyway. Was picking up my dad's cage from the garage years ago and they had a taxi in which they sold new (was only about a year old). It had been running like crap and suffering from fuel starvation. Turned out fuel filter was solid with muck, as in actual muck. The taxi had only ever been filled from the same applegreen so that pin pointed the source
Old 6th November 2017, 09:29 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 9980 from west limerick
7,941 posts since May 2008
Motorbike: Heaps, in both senses
Modifications: Tyres, when necessary onl

Yup applegreen is shite, also agree with the op, discriminatory shit, go elsewhere.
Old 6th November 2017, 09:32 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 5615 from North West
701 posts since May 2007
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: SXVCRFLH2290
Modifications: Yeah. A few.

There's some poxy training course the forecourt managers end up on that has told them that bikers sitting on the bike and filling it risk splash back into their faces.... load of Shiite obviously but that's why they won't turn it on while you are on the bike in some places. Actually had a manager come out and explain this to me. He said he knew that most bikers would never have this problem but that was policy. The helmet thing is fair game and I'll always take it off if they have a notice up or ask. Otherwise I reckon most places are fine with a lid.
Old 6th November 2017, 09:41 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 31434 from Dublin
200 posts since May 2013
Motorbike: kTm 690, kTm 990 SMR

They couldn't give a shite if you go off somewhere else! Plenty videos of geebags going on fire at a petrol pump sitting on bikes getting that extra few kms in The extra fuel you think you're getting is probably going out the overflow once you go in to pay anyway!
Old 6th November 2017, 09:43 PM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
11,515 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by HIGHSIDER
Oh will you quit your strop ffs. Get over it...if it's their policy....its their policy....move on.

You sound like a child that got his arse slapped after getting caught with a hand in the sweetie jar...

If you don't like it, go elsewhere, but you don't need to go online and tell everyone your life story

Remember, the poor cunt at the till is probably on minimum wage and would rather be at home wanking to Jane Fonda fitness videos than having to regurgitate the shit he was taught in his forecourt 101 induction course, but he has to do it because he's subject to the golden rule... The man with the gold makes the rules, and he has no choice but to adhere to them.
Old 6th November 2017, 09:49 PM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
33,312 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide

Originally Posted by exuppower2003
Hi Folks,

Pulled into applegreen tonite, only one at pumps, try to put fuel in bike but no action...notice three attendants looking out doin fuck all,,,eventually an attendant comes out, says theres a problem...their policy is not to turn on fuel when person sitting on bike or when their helmets on....i said"oh right, so ye dont trust bikers.... thats fine", put the pump handle back up, and told him id get me fuel elsewhere and give my money to someone who deserves it! went up to monaghans and got it there, no probs. im 36, driving since 16...never had that happen to me before! There is two cars and a bike in Galway that will never ever be buying fuel off Applegreen Galway again!!
A bunch of midland bikers rolled into Galway yesterday afternoon looking to cause trouble and eat ice-creams out in salthill ala the Toecutter from mad-max and one of them, riding a bandit 1200, usually takes off without paying for fuel, his licence plate is registered to a teleporter and he goes around doing wheelies and thinks it's fierce funny.

I'm not saying it was him but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has the gunslinging I don't give a fook swagger of a duck, then that's the reason you're paying 20c more per refill down the road.

You should escalate the matter, ask to speak to the manager and see if the culprit bears more than a passing resemblance to this fella ;

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 6th November 2017, 09:52 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 1913 from Limerick
1,907 posts since Jun 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Suzuki GSXR1000L5
Modifications: Yoshi R11 & few bits

Station in Mallow is the same. I've no problem with it.
They need your face on camera in case of any drive offs.
Old 6th November 2017, 09:58 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 3193 from 0 to 60 in about 3.2 sec
2,343 posts since May 2006
Motorbike: Yer aul wan
Modifications: Sphincter tightener

If that's their policy then just go somewhere else, vote with your wallet and all that.

A few years ago I went to pay a bill in a Post Office located on the N2.
It wasn't local but it was on the way to where I was going so I decided I'd nip in and pay my bill. I was in a hurry so didn't bother taking off the lid. The woman behind the counter shat herself. She just froze and the colour drained out of her. After an awkward few seconds she explained that they'd been robbed a couple of weeks earlier, by two lads on a motorbike.

Petrol station next to where I grew up, same thing, robbed by scumbags on a motorbike and the woman that worked there used to dread seeing a biker pull up to the door, gave her flashbacks.

I usually get my petrol in the same spot so they know me at this stage and I've no hassle leaving the lid on, sitting on the bike and filling up/paying etc. Apart from that, I take the helmet off. No doubt some lads love the whole 'attention' of walking into a place like a bank with the lid on.
Old 6th November 2017, 10:18 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 6920 from Galway
1,396 posts since Oct 2007
Motorbike: BMW1150GS,Ducati 9!6,FJ12
Modifications: hmmm

Self service Maxol Westside next to McD's. No hassle. Don't even have to get off the bike and they're cheaper than applegreen
Old 6th November 2017, 10:32 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 27890
2,321 posts since Dec 2011
Motorbike: VRod & CB450

Originally Posted by N11 EXPRESS
Sure ya canít fill a bike if your not sitting on it
You can't fill mine if you are sitting on it

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 6th November 2017, 10:42 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 26110 from Dublin
567 posts since Apr 2011
Motorbike: Blackbird

It took you longer to put this post up than it would have done to take your lid off at that petrol station

It took you longer to start the bike up and head to the next station down the road than it would have to take your lid off

I tend to avoid applegreen petrol at the best of times because it's diluted down crap - from experience - but I wouldn't waste my own time or effort giving out about policies in different places

Take the lid off.. you'll live longer
Old 6th November 2017, 11:06 PM
Ritz & Tuc crackers rock!

Biker.ie Member No. 33993 from Naas, Co.Kildare
1,735 posts since Oct 2014
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: R1200GSA
Modifications: 19st of ballast!!!

Off topic.......I put a tank of the new "miles plus" unleaded from Topaz.....only a few stations doing it........done about 400kms since Saturday morning, Jaysus the bike is running sweet on it.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
anymore, applegreen, bikers, galway, trust