Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Old 3rd November 2017, 04:00 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 37043 from Dublin
25 posts since Mar 2017
Default Bluetooth / Intercom Helmet unit

Looking for any bluetooth headset, preferable one that can pair with a Cardo. Don't mind a used one at all so long as it works. Will mainly be used for music, witg light phone calls and rider to rider. Can pay good money for the right piece!

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th November 2017, 02:49 AM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 18585 from Corcaigh
103 posts since Sep 2009
Motorbike: K6 SV650S
Modifications: Prettified
Default Re: Bluetooth / Intercom Helmet unit

I just ordered a new pair of Interphone Cellularline F4MC headsets but I only really need one of them. If you're interested email me at impish dot loki at gmail dot com.
Old 13th November 2017, 10:57 AM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 8193 from Kilcullen, Co. Kildare
294 posts since Feb 2008
Motorbike: SV1000S and SV1000
Modifications: Lots n lots

I have a set of these ones which I picked up in Aldi a while back:
https://www.wish.com/c/575ba6d3b52d085ce2937b5c

I bought two headsets at 40 each, but this crowd are selling them at 28 each. You need to register with them to purchase, but that's no biggie. Mate of mine has just ordered a pair and is currently waiting on them to arrive.

They work fine rider to pillion up to about 90kph, over that speed it gets hard to hear over the wind noise. But even with earplugs the volume is sufficiently loud for conversation at lower speeds. Myself and the other half had them during a spin down the west coast from Galway to Killarney for a few days and they were great to have.

Recently I was on the M50 doing about 100/110kph and I was able to listen to music reasonably well. Sound quality isn't Sennheiser standard but perfectly ok for a few tunes on the way home.

Pairing of the units is handy enough and I've never had the link drop. You can also listen to sat-nav instructions or make/take phone calls if you wish, but neither of these features are something I use.

Did a wee bike to bike test and the range was about 250m once there was line of sight visibility. Stick something in the way like a building or a hill and connection would often drop, but this is pretty common across systems that use Bluetooth.

With the price you pay being a fraction of the big brand units, I reckon they were worth it. As this was my first time trying out headsets I wanted to dip my toe without spending a fortune.
Old 13th November 2017, 11:34 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 21867 from Dublin
1,177 posts since May 2010
Motorbike: giant mtb
Modifications: front disc brakes

Originally Posted by killbot87
I just ordered a new pair of Interphone Cellularline F4MC headsets but I only really need one of them. If you're interested email me at impish dot loki at gmail dot com.
That's got to be a fake email address
Old 15th November 2017, 03:25 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 18585 from Corcaigh
103 posts since Sep 2009
Motorbike: K6 SV650S
Modifications: Prettified

Originally Posted by manbearpig
That's got to be a fake email address
Well it's fake right now but if you remove the spaces and replace the word dot with a "." it's real as can be..

Also the finest email address that 2004 had to offer, back when I thought Norse mythology was the mutt's nuts.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Tags
bluetooth, helmet, intercom, unit, Wanted :