Old 14th January 2019, 08:38 PM #2
CyberSuicide

Motorbike: ltd1000 zx12
Modifications: just me
CyberSuicide

Rides: ltd1000 zx12
Mods: just me
Re: A tracker that might work

Wonder whats the story with it when your parked up for a day say at a race and your walkin around with the fob in your arse pocket will it keep sendin you texts or even if the bike isnt moved
kad is offline   ReplyReply
Old 14th January 2019, 11:05 PM #3
Supporter

Motorbike: Dirty FZ6
Modifications: Protective eco-coating
My Motorcycle Pics
Supporter

Rides: Dirty FZ6
Mods: Protective eco-coating
My Motorcycle Pics

That expression at 5:41 when he says "you can let the police authorities know"...
Caffeine is offline   ReplyReply
Old 14th January 2019, 11:19 PM #4
Supporter

Motorbike: BANDIT 600 x2
Modifications: Air hornes-move cager
Supporter

Rides: BANDIT 600 x2
Mods: Air hornes-move cager

Call the who. You be waiting hours/days. It be DIY with a few mates. Good it doesn't drain your battery. I'd like to see a shock
Sensor incorporated.
nednedned is offline   ReplyReply
Old 14th January 2019, 11:40 PM #5
Veteran Racer

Motorbike: Rrn,Sp1,Bros 663,Fe650
Modifications: A few bits and pieces!
Veteran Racer

Rides: Rrn,Sp1,Bros 663,Fe650
Mods: A few bits and pieces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednedned View Post
Call the who. You be waiting hours/days. It be DIY with a few mates. Good it doesn't drain your battery. I'd like to see a shock
Sensor incorporated.
There must be some kind of tilt sensor in it,how else would it know the bikes been moved if itís not connected to it physically. Itís a good idea if youíre on a budget,subscription is cheap enough too. Clever that it has the Bluetooth fob. But the ones that are hard wired are very effective,instant text response when the bike has triggered a move on some of them.
DavyH is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 08:20 AM #6
MotoGP Star

MotoGP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednedned View Post
Sensor incorporated.
Often claimed or stated, but in reality how many guys today would really go to the location of their bike and take on the guys who took it? Even if you bested them and got your bike back, what then? You expect that to be the end of it?
Phaedrus is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 08:38 AM #7
Supporter

Motorbike: The all mighty GS
Supporter

Rides: The all mighty GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Often claimed or stated, but in reality how many guys today would really go to the location of their bike and take on the guys who took it? Even if you bested them and got your bike back, what then? You expect that to be the end of it?
That's exactly it...

Sons of Anarchy is just a TV series.

Plus, should you really carry on with it, the reality is that more than likely you'll end up in legal trouble. No one gives a shite about a stolen yoke, but you'll be fecked if you even touch the scumbags.
RTV is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 10:31 AM #8
MotoGP Star

Motorbike: dublin bus
Modifications: standard adult fare
MotoGP Star

Rides: dublin bus
Mods: standard adult fare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
You expect that to be the end of it?
Who are ya kidding, back down and they will never leave ya alone. By the time all their friends start in on the soft touch (that's you) your life will be hell.

My only point is, regardless of your choice there will be a backlash.
me2 is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 10:45 AM #9
MotoGP Star

MotoGP Star

The fact that they took the bike from your home obviously means they know where you live...

So what protects the law-abiding guy from the activities of the crooks? Even if you're a tough guy, you simply can't protect yourself or your property at all times after any interaction with them.

Call the feds and tell them you're on your way to the address yourself with some mates to get your bike back? Would they show up? If they did would their goal be to help you or to thwart you?

To end bike theft, what needs to be in place is a system where they're guaranteed to be caught and guaranteed to be punished. What's wrong now is that even if they get caught, they're virtually guaranteed to not be punished.

Kip of a world.

While it's probably true that if they want it they'll take it, I think it's also true that the harder you make it the more they might be inclined to not bother - ride an unappealing bike, don't broadcast that you have a bike, use multiple security devices and measures, use varying routes home, be suspicious of everyone; wisdom dictates that we ride like everyone can't see us - perhaps we should also be of a mind that everyone is going to steal our bike.

And finally... where are the stolen bikes going? Who's buying them? Anyone on here bought a bike that could have been stolen? Would you? Surely a true biker wouldn't touch a bike they felt could have been stolen?

I had a bike with a shite engine and gave it to a local DIY mechanic to put right. When I went to collect it I saw that the engine number was ground away. It was a perfectly functioning engine but I made him take it out and put my rough one back in. And paid him nothing. Foolish or decent? Don't care. Didn't sit right with me.
Phaedrus is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 02:50 PM #10
Supporter

Motorbike: Dirty FZ6
Modifications: Protective eco-coating
My Motorcycle Pics
Supporter

Rides: Dirty FZ6
Mods: Protective eco-coating
My Motorcycle Pics

If by a miracle my babydero was still in a piece I would go for it... I couldnt accept myself not doing anything.

The society we live on forces us to surrender the notion of self ownership, that is we don't own ourselves.

Instead the state allows in some cases graces us with the privilege of delegated "legitimated" violence for self preservation.

since we don't have a right for ourselves its impossible we would have it for our possessions.

Thus the state will punish any exercise of violence even if just, as its not seen as a right and constitutes a threat to their claimed monopoly on violence.

Its even worse if you claim to be just, as then you are also threatening their claim of monopoly on legitimacy.

Tldr: law enforcement is not there to help you, that falls on the good will of law enforcement individuals
Caffeine is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 07:15 PM #11
Supporter

Motorbike: 07 R1
Modifications: warp speed button
Supporter

Rides: 07 R1
Mods: warp speed button

Got one today and it works perfect ,very handy to set up
r1 sean is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 08:20 PM #12
Resident gynaecologist

Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Resident gynaecologist

Rides: NSU Quickly
Mods: Lobotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1 sean View Post
Got one today and it works perfect ,very handy to set up
Does it retrieve your bike from the scummers who stole it or do you do that yourself? Because the cops won't give a flying fuck.
Gixxer is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 08:33 PM #13
Veteran Racer

Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.
Veteran Racer

Rides: RR4 Blade
Mods: Arrow can, pc3.

You would only need to call one man to get your bike back lads.
Christopher Livingston Eubank has been training all his life for this!

We're lucky I suppose to have such a big hunk of mma fighter on the forum who will help you in a moment's notice.

God bless biker .ie!
johnny b is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 09:17 PM #14
WSB Contender

Motorbike: Suzuki GSX 600F
WSB Contender

Rides: Suzuki GSX 600F

The BIG problem with these trackers hasnt been addressed by this new device.
How is it going to send GPS locations if its in an underground car park, the back of truck or van or in some toe-rags workshop slowly being stripped?

In fact its probably worse than those already on the market because using less power as they claim means its unlikely to get as good a link to a GPS satellite as other trackers.

They are definitely moving in the right direction, with the fob preventing false alarms, but until some company can guarantee location data no matter where the bike is, apart from telling you you bike has been nicked (just in case you wouldnt noticed your pride and joy has gone) what benefit is there?

Until the courts take theft seriously, and by that I mean ensure full recompense for the loss of the stolen item is made before fines or custodial sentences are considered, then whether the thief is caught or not doesn't really matter. They will continue to steal high value items because the fines or risk of a custodial sentence do not outweigh the profit they make on stolen goods.

If the courts imposed direct and automatic deductions from the thief's benefits or wages then things might change, until then nothing the guards or courts do will improve matters. If the credit unions are now allowed to have automatic deductions from benefit payments in order to lend to those on benefits I see no reason why the courts cant do the same and enforce automatic deductions each and every week until the full value of the item stolen has been repaid.
efanton is offline   ReplyReply
Old 15th January 2019, 11:01 PM #15
Supporter

Motorbike: 07 R1
Modifications: warp speed button
Supporter

Rides: 07 R1
Mods: warp speed button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
Does it retrieve your bike from the scummers who stole it or do you do that yourself? Because the cops won't give a flying fuck.
Now in fairness it gives you an extra chance of getting your bike back ,I would like to think I would at least try to get it back,it's just another thing on our side ....I would like to say if the bike ever got robbed that I did all I could ...
r1 sean is offline   ReplyReply

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
tracker, work