Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 27th November 2017, 11:01 PM
ACDC

Biker.ie Member No. 3220
14,744 posts since May 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: suzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzukkkkkkk
Default Have one to sell? Sell it yourself Details about 5 Degree Ignition Advancer

are they worth it lads,

anyone have one going on a bandit 12 or something simular,

and one of these, I had the dyna coils on the gsxr 11 and taylor ht leads and im not going to buy this for the bandit even if i had the money but does it make much of a diff

Last edited by acdc; 27th November 2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 27th November 2017, 11:10 PM
bike broke

Biker.ie Member No. 30720 from Offaly
1,830 posts since Jan 2013
Motorbike: GSXR750, zx7/9r, vfr400
Default Re: Have one to sell? Sell it yourself Details about 5 Degree Ignition Advancer

dyna coils make a big difference on oil cooled suzukis i find, had them on two suzukis now, static advancement makes a good difference to throttle response. dyna system is meant to be the kippers tits but i have yet to run one due to the price
Old 27th November 2017, 11:33 PM
ACDC
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 3220
Default Re: Have one to sell? Sell it yourself Details about 5 Degree Ignition Advancer

Originally Posted by sharpbikes
dyna coils make a big difference on oil cooled suzukis i find, had them on two suzukis now, static advancement makes a good difference to throttle response. dyna system is meant to be the kippers tits but i have yet to run one due to the price
sorry for been ignorant now , but what do you mean by static advancement and what kind of difference do they make.
also I remember we were speaking before about a dot head that bolts directly on to a bandit lump and it would give you the power of the GSX-R 11's .
Like I love my bandit and she is well looked after and apart from needing a nice black paint job , Im itching for a sports but I cant sell my bandit for small money so I was thinking of what could be done to give her a nice smooth large power increase at the low and top range if you get me, so that way I can have my beloved bandit and a little more power of an old oil burner

Last edited by acdc; 28th November 2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 28th November 2017, 10:34 AM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 26158 from Midlands
71 posts since May 2011
Motorbike: 1991 GSXR 750 M
Modifications: Sebring exhaust

Im running k2/3 coil packs on my 91 gsxr 750 and it runs great. small bit of wiring and trimming of the plug lead rubber holder things. i had issues with water ingress and leads breaking down haven't had any problems since.
Old 28th November 2017, 01:11 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 15322 from Dublin Ireland
708 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: Bandit6, Fazer 1000
Modifications: lots

I put a 4 degree ignition advancer on the brothers B6 and it made a huge difference in the midrange... the bike is more responsive and lively in the midrange.
Old 28th November 2017, 02:46 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 27261 from Offaly
18 posts since Aug 2011
Motorbike: S1KRR GSX1100 GS1000GS750
Modifications: Yes

The main difference between a GSXR1100 and a 1200 Bandit engine, is the camshafts. The Bandit engine has much smaller cams. If you put GSXR1100 cams in your Bandit engine it will give a big increase in power.
Old 28th November 2017, 09:03 PM
bike broke

Biker.ie Member No. 30720 from Offaly
1,830 posts since Jan 2013
Motorbike: GSXR750, zx7/9r, vfr400

Originally Posted by acdc
sorry for been ignorant now , but what do you mean by static advancement and what kind of difference do they make.
also I remember we were speaking before about a dot head that bolts directly on to a bandit lump and it would give you the power of the GSX-R 11's .
Like I love my bandit and she is well looked after and apart from needing a nice black paint job , Im itching for a sports but I cant sell my bandit for small money so I was thinking of what could be done to give her a nice smooth large power increase at the low and top range if you get me, so that way I can have my beloved bandit and a little more power of an old oil burner
static advancement is a constant change of a certain amount of advance, by adding a 4 degree advancer you are adding 4 degrees of ignition advance throughout the ignition curve, whereas a dyna ignition allows you to change the curve and add and remove advance throughout the rev range.

a dot head on a b12 lump raises the compression, not too sure if it has larger valves also which could help flow but the main thing is the raise in compression and then having the cams on top would change the valve timing and produce more hp and top end rush at the cost of midrange torque. having put 750 cams in a 600 engine i will say it makes a huge difference to the nature of the engine and makes it more sporty however it did cause the engine to wear prematurely (rings) but whether that was due to the 70k miles on it when they were installed or the 12k miles of cams i cant be sure.
if you do go down the cams route i would recommend either kent cams or gsxr 89 750 cams as they were the highest lift standard cams for the rocker style oil burner engines.

Last edited by sharpbikes; 28th November 2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 5th December 2017, 11:42 PM
ACDC

Biker.ie Member No. 3220

Originally Posted by damienga15de
Im running k2/3 coil packs on my 91 gsxr 750 and it runs great. small bit of wiring and trimming of the plug lead rubber holder things. i had issues with water ingress and leads breaking down haven't had any problems since.
thats the only cunt with them is the opening is not covered anymore and will let in the rain
Old 5th December 2017, 11:44 PM
ACDC

Biker.ie Member No. 3220

Originally Posted by sharpbikes
static advancement is a constant change of a certain amount of advance, by adding a 4 degree advancer you are adding 4 degrees of ignition advance throughout the ignition curve, whereas a dyna ignition allows you to change the curve and add and remove advance throughout the rev range.

a dot head on a b12 lump raises the compression, not too sure if it has larger valves also which could help flow but the main thing is the raise in compression and then having the cams on top would change the valve timing and produce more hp and top end rush at the cost of midrange torque. having put 750 cams in a 600 engine i will say it makes a huge difference to the nature of the engine and makes it more sporty however it did cause the engine to wear prematurely (rings) but whether that was due to the 70k miles on it when they were installed or the 12k miles of cams i cant be sure.
if you do go down the cams route i would recommend either kent cams or gsxr 89 750 cams as they were the highest lift standard cams for the rocker style oil burner engines.
your a world of good solid info there bro, but I have finally decided to sell her and go for a sports if Im lucky enough to sell my own one and have the cash then to go shopping

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
advancer, degree, details, ignition, sell

Support Biker.ie

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed