Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Old 4th December 2017, 10:49 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 21821 from Dublin
2,637 posts since May 2010
Motorbike: r1200 GS
Modifications: A hand that waves!
Default Re: dildo 550 + extras for sale

Ok cool. japcati, if you fancy selling me one of the cradles, drop me a PM, I'll pay well for it.
Old 4th December 2017, 10:53 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Unfazed View Post
GPS takes all the fun out of going on holidays by bike,

Taking the wrong route and finding out it is far better than the one the GPS would have taken you.
Getting lost and having to stop and ask direction only to have the fellow you are trying to speak to is stone deaf
Getting lost and having to stop and ask direction from a couple in a car and discover they are totally naked :
Nearly missing the ferry because you took a wrong turn
The fun in the high speed ride to get back on the right route and making the ferry by 5 minutes.
Going through Belgium for the first time and discovering they have the worst road signage in Europe.
Trying to find your way out of Mons in Belgium when both routes to the motorway are completely blocked by overturned trucks.
Discovering the sign for Paris in Belgium is also the road to Masstricht which is in the opposite direction.
Watching a fellow with GPSs getting into a total panic in Southern Spain because the GPS battery went flat

I think will stick with the ould general area map, my 50 phone and my 80 Tablet with maps downloaded to it; way more fun and a lot cheaper than the GPS.
You hardcore biker you
Old 4th December 2017, 11:25 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 13490
1,354 posts since Dec 2008
Motorbike: KTM, Triumph

Originally Posted by Frankkilty View Post
You hardcore biker you
Gps takes all the fun out of going on holidays by bike! Wtf. Best thing about mine is the speed camera alerts and the avoid tolls/motorways option.
Old 4th December 2017, 11:32 PM
Ritz & Tuc crackers rock!
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 33993 from Naas, Co.Kildare
1,735 posts since Oct 2014
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: R1200GSA
Modifications: 19st of ballast!!!

Taking the wrong route and finding out it is far better than the one the GPS would have taken you.
Getting lost and having to stop and ask direction only to have the fellow you are trying to speak to is stone deaf
Getting lost and having to stop and ask direction from a couple in a car and discover they are totally naked :
The fun in the high speed ride to get back on the right route and making the ferry by 5 minutes.
Going through Belgium for the first time and discovering they have the worst road signage in Europe.
Trying to find your way out of Mons in Belgium when both routes to the motorway are completely blocked by overturned trucks.
Discovering the sign for Paris in Belgium is also the road to Masstricht which is in the opposite direction.
Watching a fellow with GPSs getting into a total panic in Southern Spain because the GPS battery went flat

I think will stick with the ould general area map, my 50 phone and my 80 Tablet with maps downloaded to it; way more fun and a lot cheaper than the GPS.
Always bring Michelin maps as a back up.
Old 4th December 2017, 11:36 PM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 10688 from Cork
800 posts since Jun 2008
Motorbike: Fazer 1000, 600 & Serow

Have not paid a toll in Europe in years and GPS does not show the local cops with their speed traps or the motorway ones with the tripods on the road and cops sitting well out of sight
Old 4th December 2017, 11:42 PM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 35355
5,433 posts since Sep 2015
Motorbike: 996/R1/S1000rr
Modifications: loads

Old 4th December 2017, 11:57 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 1913 from Limerick
1,907 posts since Jun 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Suzuki GSXR1000L5
Modifications: Yoshi R11 & few bits

I think GPS is the best thing since sliced pan or durex.

It might lead you astray, but will always get you to your destination.

Would never have drove (cage) abroad without it!!
Old 5th December 2017, 12:01 AM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 27947
3,169 posts since Dec 2011

GPS is a god send in a huge city like LA or London. But planning routes and travelling across a country I wouldn't use it...i like the sense of adventure following my nose/map gives,and the things you stumble upon because you got lost!
Old 5th December 2017, 12:41 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Japcati View Post
If you decide you can part with a cradle, drop me a PM. Mine is goosed and they are stupid money to buy new.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Tags
550, extras, For Sale :, sale, dildo