Old 24th December 2018, 11:31 PM #1
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Insurance RS 125

I'm trying to use the online quote system for Liberty and they quote me for an RS 125 FP 2017 no problem but they won't quote me for an RS4. Isn't it the same bike? If I got the RS4 does my insurance still count?
Peter.k is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th December 2018, 06:27 AM #2
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer

 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Rides: RR4 Blade
Mods: Arrow can, pc3.
Re: Insurance RS 125

Ring them when they are open for a quote.

Its not the same bike.

Dont go buying online withou a relevant quote.
Hope you get sorted but have patience.
johnny b is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th December 2018, 08:40 AM #3
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Re: Insurance RS 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny b View Post
Ring them when they are open for a quote.

Its not the same bike.

Dont go buying online withou a relevant quote.
Hope you get sorted but have patience.
The RS4 doesn't exist under the Aprilia website it's just the 4 stroke model of the RS 125 and they don't make 2 stroke anymore
Peter.k is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th December 2018, 10:06 AM #4
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer

 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Rides: RR4 Blade
Mods: Arrow can, pc3.
Re: Insurance RS 125

It's a completely different bike with a different engine and risk category as regards insurance.

The insurance companies here don't care what Aprilia have listed on their website.
They will not cover you on a bike that's not the correct model you got a quote for.

I'm well aware of the difference between 2strokes and four strokes since I've been driving bikes well before you were in nappies.

Look, I'm not trying to insult you or lead you down a false route but no one here is going to give you an insurance quote.
Every lad on here started off and needed advice.
My advice is wait until the insurance companies are open and call them.
Stop trying to do things online.

Don't ever buy a bike with a valid insurance quote.
Loads of lads come on here over the years at 17 years of age asking why they can't get insured on the cbr250 they just bought etc and the reality is because they bought the bike first and looked for insurance second.

Do things by the book when getting a licence, insurance or bike cos if you tell lies to an insurance company and have a crash they will not cover you, have you got 20grand to cover a written off cage?

Ask as many questions as you like we are a helpful bunch but....Take the advice lad.
johnny b is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th December 2018, 11:16 AM #5
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Re: Insurance RS 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny b View Post
It's a completely different bike with a different engine and risk category as regards insurance.

The insurance companies here don't care what Aprilia have listed on their website.
They will not cover you on a bike that's not the correct model you got a quote for.

I'm well aware of the difference between 2strokes and four strokes since I've been driving bikes well before you were in nappies.

Look, I'm not trying to insult you or lead you down a false route but no one here is going to give you an insurance quote.
Every lad on here started off and needed advice.
My advice is wait until the insurance companies are open and call them.
Stop trying to do things online.

Don't ever buy a bike with a valid insurance quote.
Loads of lads come on here over the years at 17 years of age asking why they can't get insured on the cbr250 they just bought etc and the reality is because they bought the bike first and looked for insurance second.

Do things by the book when getting a licence, insurance or bike cos if you tell lies to an insurance company and have a crash they will not cover you, have you got 20grand to cover a written off cage?

Ask as many questions as you like we are a helpful bunch but....Take the advice lad.
Thanks for clearing that up one of the dealerships I was actually looking at the bike listed the bike as an Aprilla RS RS4 so I had asked which bike it was and he had explained to me that they were the exact same bike I think that's where the confusion came from.

Thank you for your advice, I'll give them a call when they're open.
Peter.k is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th December 2018, 11:32 AM #6
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer

 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Rides: RR4 Blade
Mods: Arrow can, pc3.
Re: Insurance RS 125

They are a very similar frame and suspension but a very different engine.
Hope you get sorted.

Ask loads of questions here so you go in prepared.
What age are you?
If you are over 24 you can go straight to 600cc.
johnny b is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th December 2018, 11:45 AM #7
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Peter.k Peter.k is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Re: Insurance RS 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny b View Post
They are a very similar frame and suspension but a very different engine.
Hope you get sorted.

Ask loads of questions here so you go in prepared.
What age are you?
If you are over 24 you can go straight to 600cc.
I'm 17 I'm just about to finish my IBT for the A1
Peter.k is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th December 2018, 08:04 PM #8
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.
johnny b johnny b is offline
Veteran Racer

 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kildare-ish.
Posts: 4,859
Rides: RR4 Blade
Mods: Arrow can, pc3.
Re: Insurance RS 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.k View Post
I'm 17 I'm just about to finish my lgbt for the A1
Try all the insurance companies.

Ring principle,
Axa,
Liberty,
Carole Nash
And Aon.

You may find it hard to get quoted being 17 but that bike is sensible enough.
If they won't quote you try a honda varadero 125 (if your tall) or a honda cbr125 (if your small) and buy second hand then after a year with no claims it will be easier to get quotes.
johnny b is offline   ReplyReply
Old 28th December 2018, 04:24 PM #9
PDtuning PDtuning is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mid Louth
Posts: 22
Motorbike: 08 FZ6N
PDtuning PDtuning is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mid Louth
Posts: 22
Rides: 08 FZ6N
Re: Insurance RS 125

Compare insurance groups to get an idea, some 250cc bikes are the same or less group than the 125's
Here's a good site to help you
https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/motor...urance-groups/
PDtuning is offline   ReplyReply
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Introductions > First time bikers

Tags
125, insurance

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do insurance companies have to insure you if you switch bike seano General Bike Chat 22 6th December 2018 11:12 PM
Commercial insurance??? Trotter Independent Trading Off Topic 8 30th November 2018 10:16 AM
Accidents and reporting to you insurance SUGS General Bike Chat 3 5th December 2006 03:21 PM
Bike Insurance FazerKid General Bike Chat 5 21st September 2006 11:14 PM
Insurance Groups Doolittle Useful Motorbike Links 44 17th December 2005 08:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:33 AM.

 

Irish Biker's Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection above. .