Old 29th December 2018, 01:13 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 8741 from Cill mhaintain
10,791 posts since Mar 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: sp1, crf rally ,z50monkey
Modifications: Yes but no faster
Default Re: SHPEEEEED KILLLLSSSSSs

Originally Posted by kad
I agree right time an place.but the head line here should be the 122 in a 50 far far worse.hopefully Ross will slip a gear on his originally an cut the bollocks off himself.had an absolute shite Xmas because of the wank been like a holiday in the joy
Why? Cause you couldn’t drink and drive
Old 29th December 2018, 01:27 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 2138
5,310 posts since Aug 2005
Motorbike: Ducati 1199, KTM 1290SDR
Modifications: Skinny jeans

Originally Posted by Jack stowage
Yeah...Bray hill..........if it was a car you'd be calling for the driver to be flogged to death
Slow bike?
Old 29th December 2018, 01:53 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 18656
1,265 posts since Sep 2009
Motorbike: ltd1000 zx12
Modifications: just me

Originally Posted by N11 EXPRESS
Why? Cause you couldn’t drink and drive
Cause I live in the country where you've a better chance of getting a lift with santy than a taxi an if you do he's not going to stay with you so you can get a lift for your motor or go for a pint of milk the following morning.o.k i like a pint and your going to say you can enjoy yourself without drink but I'm sure you've been in the company of 6 or 7 lads all full of there fun that you mighten see for another yr or two when your not and believe me it's not what ild call a fun night out..reality taxis won't leave a town area fri/sat to drive 7/8miles to drop me 2 down to my local
Old 29th December 2018, 02:20 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 9980 from west limerick
8,792 posts since May 2008
Motorbike: Heaps, in both senses
Modifications: Tyres, when necessary on

not for everyone but i know an old lad who bought an electric bicycle just for going to the pub, travels about 3 miles each way, doesnt drink a whole pile but needs his licence so the bike is grand for going out having three or four pints and tipping away home, law cant touch him lol.
Old 29th December 2018, 02:30 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 33197
1,502 posts since May 2014
Motorbike: zx10
Modifications: a few

Originally Posted by allsorts&oddjobs
not for everyone but i know an old lad who bought an electric bicycle just for going to the pub, travels about 3 miles each way, doesnt drink a whole pile but needs his licence so the bike is grand for going out having three or four pints and tipping away home, law cant touch him lol.
It can
Old 29th December 2018, 03:07 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 9980 from west limerick
8,792 posts since May 2008
Motorbike: Heaps, in both senses
Modifications: Tyres, when necessary on

Originally Posted by dec c
It can
not unless hes buckled, then only for being drunk in charge of a bicycle, cant touch his licence, anyway, as i said, only three or four pints.
Old 29th December 2018, 05:36 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 8741 from Cill mhaintain
10,791 posts since Mar 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: sp1, crf rally ,z50monkey
Modifications: Yes but no faster

Originally Posted by kad
Cause I live in the country where you've a better chance of getting a lift with santy than a taxi an if you do he's not going to stay with you so you can get a lift for your motor or go for a pint of milk the following morning.o.k i like a pint and your going to say you can enjoy yourself without drink but I'm sure you've been in the company of 6 or 7 lads all full of there fun that you mighten see for another yr or two when your not and believe me it's not what ild call a fun night out..reality taxis won't leave a town area fri/sat to drive 7/8miles to drop me 2 down to my local
There is a pub close to me who for years has had a little bus who shuttles people back and forth free of charge. As far as I know taxi license is not needed because they don’t charge for the service.
Old 29th December 2018, 06:14 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 18755
1,979 posts since Oct 2009
Motorbike: ZXR 400 #66. Speedfight 2
Modifications: Cams,Flat slides, CR Gear

As far as I know taxi license is not needed because they don’t charge for the service.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Shane will look after that.
Old 29th December 2018, 07:32 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 18656
1,265 posts since Sep 2009
Motorbike: ltd1000 zx12
Modifications: just me

There is a pub close to me who for years has had a little bus who shuttles people back and forth free of charge. As far as I know taxi license is not needed because they don’t charge for the service.
In fairness to my local lads they bring you home if their own young lads around but to get to and from the local town just forget about it and as for the following morning..anyway it's all a different thread
Old 29th December 2018, 07:55 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 34016 from galway
1,221 posts since Nov 2014
Motorbike: gsxr 750

As long as you stay til closing time😂 they well have the price gotten back off ya in pints
Old 29th December 2018, 10:08 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 36371 from Dublin16
75 posts since Jul 2016
Motorbike: SuzukiGS550
Modifications: none

Originally Posted by blk150
That speed isn't dangerous on the right road and we all know it.
Saw a report on Sky News today, new statistics show an increase in deaths and injuries caused by drivers going too slowly. Maybe this is because they are watching their speedometers instead of what's ahead of them. Shane Ross take note.
Old 29th December 2018, 11:15 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 38635
100 posts since Oct 2018
Motorbike: Triumph Tiger 800
Modifications: Leovince,arrow map

Originally Posted by Cylinderhead
Saw a report on Sky News today, new statistics show an increase in deaths and injuries caused by drivers going too slowly. Maybe this is because they are watching their speedometers instead of what's ahead of them. Shane Ross take note.
Yup, I'd believe that, have an app for the cage that reduces cost if I am well behaved, I find myself looking at the speedo more than the road, hilarious when you think about it an app designed to improve your driving by an insurance company will probably lead to more accidents than not using it.
Old 30th December 2018, 12:30 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 4874 from finglas
2,455 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: CBR 929, CB750, 125 Rebel
Modifications: the best B&Q have to offe

Originally Posted by DavyH
You could take your chances not stopping and maybe not get caught, or you can take your chances and stop, and maybe not get done.... The choice is yours.
can't see how anyone could hope to be let off getting clocked at 120mph. go to court and argue the calibration maybe? tell them you were touching cloth? .. meh. Be different if they just saw it speeding then the old "she looks fast standing still" chestnut becomes relevant... but a gadget.. nope, not much of a choice there.
Old 30th December 2018, 02:06 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 33197
1,502 posts since May 2014
Motorbike: zx10
Modifications: a few

It's like this, as a rule the Gráda leave us alone
unless you're an idiot.
Have a bit of cop on around towns and villages
and you'll grand.
We don't have to worry about speed vans, and if its a Gráda just pin it when you see him, little or fuck all he can do about it.
Old 30th December 2018, 07:17 AM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,270 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide

There can be a road block in the next town, and if you’re really special,. A bear in the air.

People who know people who know people who know Kevin Spacey is coming back to Netflix told me so.
Old 30th December 2018, 08:51 AM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 26433 from Dublin
402 posts since May 2011
Motorbike: CB 1300, Suzuki gn 125

Its just the latest load of hype released to the press to try to make the gardai and the government appear to be relevant and doing something.
When I see those "speed kills" or even better "tiredness kills" it really pisses me off. Or its lashing rain and I see a sign above the motorway saying " beware surface water". No shit sherlock. I thought hitting an oncoming car or an immovable object at 100mph kills.
Its all part of the nanny stateism that this crowd want to impose on us where they micro manage every facet of our lives so that nothing is left to chance.
Shane Ross's bill wont be passed and normal services will be resumed due to lack of garda resources. Yer man doing 124 mph was just unlucky to be caught imho...
Old 30th December 2018, 09:22 AM
MotoGP Legend
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 24315
1,370 posts since Oct 2010
Motorbike: Honda NT700 Deauville
Modifications: Some 90s disco lights

Originally Posted by Admin
There can be a road block in the next town, and if you’re really special,. A bear in the air.

People who know people who know people who know Kevin Spacey is coming back to Netflix told me so.
If you live anywhere outside Dublin, there'll be no bear in the air. Unless Trump or Phil Mountbatten's wife is visiting your local town of course.
If you are worrying about a road block in the next town, then get off the main roads. Simples.
Old 30th December 2018, 09:48 AM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 15313 from Wherever i lay my hat
969 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: Whatevers popular
Modifications: cyclist skewer

Originally Posted by Cylinderhead
If youve ever driven on motorways in the uk youll understand this...they dont tolerate gobshites doing 60mph in the outside lane like here....thats for the middle or inside lane...
Old 30th December 2018, 10:17 AM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 34191
2,508 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: Cb,Vtr,Xrv,Nt
Modifications: A few bits and pieces!

Originally Posted by sidegrinder
can't see how anyone could hope to be let off getting clocked at 120mph. go to court and argue the calibration maybe? tell them you were touching cloth? .. meh. Be different if they just saw it speeding then the old "she looks fast standing still" chestnut becomes relevant... but a gadget.. nope, not much of a choice there.
Ive been caught red handed doing some pretty stupid shit on the bike and talked my way out of it. It's all about the gaurd on the day. I know plenty who have done a runner and gotten multiple summons over it. Pick your battles.
Old 30th December 2018, 11:09 AM
I like Bikes I do

Biker.ie Member No. 21686 from Sydney
2,916 posts since Apr 2010
Motorbike: Yamasaki V4 Ninjablade
Modifications: Air con and a sunroof....

Usual shit goin on, hey look over here.
Cops watch on during evictions,
Cop beating shit out of a couple of fellas and this shite gets printed,
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...346%3fmode=amp

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
killllssssss, shpeeeeed

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed