Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Ride-out meets and events > Fundraising Events & Charity Runs

Old 3rd January 2019, 07:10 PM
hartey
Smile Revup 2019

https://www.revup.ie/

Last edited by Admin; 3rd January 2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: updated
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:46 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 15640 from clonmel (go on tipp)
5,990 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: fazer fzs 1000
Modifications: big pipe lol carbon fibre
Default Re: Revup 2019

I was still in bed for that pic
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:30 PM
Resident Sheep Shagger

Biker.ie Member No. 5869 from Cork, no excuses
20,543 posts since Jun 2007
Motorbike: Orange Flymo & a few

Any idea what charity is being supported this year, Crumlin children's hospital, Marymount hospice, all worthy causes?
Old 4th January 2019, 12:16 AM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,151 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide

While it's a good cause and they have bought buses for schools etc. it'd be nice to see the funds going back to the original cause, Down Syndrome Ireland instead of “ The Lord’s Taverners ” ; an English Cricket club, but that's up to our right honourable friends on sponsored BMW's in the dead ducks club I suppose.
Old 4th January 2019, 11:33 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 10018 from Cork
6,688 posts since May 2008

Why did DSI decide to end their association with it?
There’s nothing much on the rev up website yet,but I’m assuming that they’ll publish which charities are to benefit in advance,so people can decide for themselves if they would like to support,or do they decide where it goes after the money is raised ?
Old 4th January 2019, 08:11 PM
The Aussie

Originally Posted by Admin
While it's a good cause and they have bought buses for schools etc. it'd be nice to see the funds going back to the original cause, Down Syndrome Ireland instead of “ The Lord’s Taverners ” ; an English Cricket club, but that's up to our right honourable friends on sponsored BMW's in the dead ducks club I suppose.
Happy to discuss this with you if youre interested. Misleading coments like this going against a bunch of lads that donate their time for good causes doesnt seem very fair.

Perhaps you're misinformed but myself or someone from the Ducks would be happy to discuss given the chance.
Old 4th January 2019, 09:54 PM
Chief Physician

Originally Posted by The Aussie
Happy to discuss this with you if youre interested. Misleading coments like this going against a bunch of lads that donate their time for good causes doesnt seem very fair.

Perhaps you're misinformed but myself or someone from the Ducks would be happy to discuss given the chance.
I don't think any of the other 'ducks' are capable of rational discussion, especially now that they've been banned for insults and abuse in this thread ~ which incidentally was hardly the reason why DSI wanted to distance themselves from bikers was it ?

You could still give them money, I'm sure a cheque written out to Down Syndrome (or any other Charity) minus the ego's and drama would be greatly accepted, maybe I am 'misinformed' and don't know the ins and outs or politics of it all, but it certainly looks like the whole lot went to shyte since Magnets left.

There are plenty of people outside of D4 who wouldn't exactly be enamoured with the prospect of supporting 'lords' or 'cricket' anything, even if they did buy Robyn a bus, and 'pouring funds into a large organisation' as stated by your colleagues obviously couldn't mean Down Syndrome Ireland, unless things have changed drastically from only a few years back ;

https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=203999
Old 4th January 2019, 10:21 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 7672 from the kitchen sink
2,489 posts since Dec 2007
Motorbike: something with two wheels
Modifications: water bottle

Originally Posted by Admin
I don't think any of the other 'ducks' are capable of rational discussion, especially now that they've been banned for insults and abuse in this thread ~ which incidentally was hardly the reason why DSI wanted to distance themselves from bikers was it ?

You could still give them money, I'm sure a cheque written out to Down Syndrome (or any other Charity) minus the ego's and drama would be greatly accepted, maybe I am 'misinformed' and don't know the ins and outs or politics of it all, but it certainly looks like the whole lot went to shyte since Magnets left.

There are plenty of people outside of D4 who wouldn't exactly be enamoured with the prospect of supporting 'lords' or 'cricket' anything, even if they did buy Robyn a bus, and 'pouring funds into a large organisation' as stated by your colleagues obviously couldn't mean Down Syndrome Ireland, unless things have changed drastically from only a few years back ;

https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=203999
Hi Brendan,

I find it surprising that you of all people would comment on a topic you clearly know very little about or have made your own opinion from what little information you have gotten.

The half dozen lads that have come together to continue the the event and move it forward have done an amazing job considering they do it while holding down fulltime jobs etc. Too many individuals were willing to sit back and complain about the event and not willing to get up off their backsides and do something about it, not these lads... Unfortunately those no gooders still doing the same now.

The lads do it in memory of their friend and if you too were to call him that, perhaps you would be a little more mindful of what you say on a public forum.

Also, bus was bought for St.Michael's School, Holy Angels, in Chapelizod not one individual.

I'd happily listen to what information you have been supplied and from where...

Pm if you'd like my number. Happy to chat.

Stuart Carrick.
Old 5th January 2019, 12:25 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 7672 from the kitchen sink
2,489 posts since Dec 2007
Motorbike: something with two wheels
Modifications: water bottle

https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=240995

Perhaps this might help clear up a few things on this thread.
Old 5th January 2019, 02:37 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 10018 from Cork
6,688 posts since May 2008

Originally Posted by SvStuie
https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=240995

Perhaps this might help clear up a few things on this thread.

Thanks for the clarification.
I’d forgotten about how it came to be that DSI were no longer involved.
Old 5th January 2019, 09:51 AM
Chief Physician

Originally Posted by Kaos Theory
the fundraising return on investment for this event was no longer sustainable
So Revup went from making €1.6 million with Magnets at the helm, to actually losing money (thru wages and other charges presumably) despite all the sponsorship and fundraising by bikers.

Would you blame them for pulling the plug if went from €130,000 cash injection every May, to a black hole that was costing the charity money ?

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Ride-out meets and events > Fundraising Events & Charity Runs

Tags
2019, revup