Old 20th January 2019, 08:02 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 34191
2,391 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: Cb,Vtr,Xrv,Nt
Modifications: A few bits and pieces!
Default Re: 2009 sp2 value

Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
You're talking bollocks. The RD350 was a pile of shite. The frame flexed like it was made of pasta. It was a mobile chicane. You're not even old enough to remember them so how the fuck can you comment on them. You've probably never even ridden one. I've owned two of them and an RD 250. They were a pile of shite. Just because they weren't as bad as some others at the time, doesn't make them good.
Because Iíve driven them,so far as I know that gives me a little bit of an idea as to what theyíre like to drive😂😂😂...so what if the frame flexed,just as much as anything else in the early 80ís....itís not gospel youíre talking,itís pipe, just because you couldnít get along with it. They had there own race series too,but that must have cropped up because of how shit they were

Every time certain bikes come up on here that are quite obviously popular you have to be the one that says thereís something wrong with them,or theyíre over rated or overpriced just to be controversial,itís actually a bit of a yawn fest at this stage old man
Old 20th January 2019, 09:17 PM
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 10718 from wexford
1,726 posts since Jun 2008
Motorbike: few bits n bobs
Modifications: few

Ahh jays us getting a bit off topic here ,the sp is going across the pond I think
Old 20th January 2019, 09:21 PM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 30228 from Clonmel Co. Tipp
783 posts since Oct 2012
Motorbike: A blast of XT500's
Modifications: Supermoto'd

Originally Posted by DavyH View Post
Because Iíve driven them,so far as I know that gives me a little bit of an idea as to what theyíre like to drive😂😂😂...so what if the frame flexed,just as much as anything else in the early 80ís....itís not gospel youíre talking,itís pipe, just because you couldnít get along with it. They had there own race series too,but that must have cropped up because of how shit they were

Every time certain bikes come up on here that are quite obviously popular you have to be the one that says thereís something wrong with them,or theyíre over rated or overpriced just to be controversial,itís actually a bit of a yawn fest at this stage old man
Did someone say shite

Old 20th January 2019, 09:32 PM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 24081 from Near Wild Heaven
8,011 posts since Sep 2010
Motorbike: Chainsaw/bike hybrid
Modifications: White Wall tyre

Originally Posted by menapia dude View Post
Ahh jays us getting a bit off topic here ,the sp is going across the pond I think
What????A topic going off the rails?Surely not
Old 20th January 2019, 10:07 PM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,002 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by DavyH View Post
Because I’ve driven them,so far as I know that gives me a little bit of an idea as to what they’re like to drive������...so what if the frame flexed,just as much as anything else in the early 80’s....it’s not gospel you’re talking,it’s pipe, just because you couldn’t get along with it. They had there own race series too,but that must have cropped up because of how shit they were

Every time certain bikes come up on here that are quite obviously popular you have to be the one that says there’s something wrong with them,or they’re over rated or overpriced just to be controversial,it’s actually a bit of a yawn fest at this stage old man
Jesus, kids trying to tell old men what bikes of their time were like
You haven't driven them, or you'd know how shite they were/are. And I don't mean taking one for a spin to the corner shop and back, I mean riding them like they were supposed to be ridden, in anger. They were a dangerous ball of shite, and just as likely to perform a tank slapper as not if you opened them up.

You're still wet behind the ears FFS. I've owned more bikes than you'll ever own in your life, so stop acting like you know what you're talking about when you don't know your arse from a hole in the ground
Old 20th January 2019, 11:56 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 34191
2,391 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: Cb,Vtr,Xrv,Nt
Modifications: A few bits and pieces!

Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
Jesus, kids trying to tell old men what bikes of their time were like
You haven't driven them, or you'd know how shite they were/are. And I don't mean taking one for a spin to the corner shop and back, I mean riding them like they were supposed to be ridden, in anger. They were a dangerous ball of shite, and just as likely to perform a tank slapper as not if you opened them up.

You're still wet behind the ears FFS. I've owned more bikes than you'll ever own in your life, so stop acting like you know what you're talking about when you don't know your arse from a hole in the ground
Ok so just to recap,you’ve made a blanket claim,it’s not just personal opinion..it’s now the gospel according to Gixxer,Rd’s and Sp’s are shite!!

This has led on to discoverys that you have in fact,shitted your pants on an rd,which obviously this thread has brought back some terrible memories.

Following this embarrassing situation you have now attempted to block out those memories using some well versed executions of my little flute is bigger than yours,only to find you are the only one in the room swinging your pecker around.

So what I think we can all take from this is,don’t drive an rd when you’re angry,or you may end up loosing control of it and shitting your pants!

Last edited by DavyH; 20th January 2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 21st January 2019, 01:36 AM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,002 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

What we can take from this is you're a bag of wind, whose only experience of old bikes is what you've read in old bike magazines.
You're well suited working at a bike shop that knows nothing about bikes.
Old 21st January 2019, 07:16 AM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 26433 from Dublin
390 posts since May 2011
Motorbike: CB 1300, Suzuki gn 125

Owned an rd 350 from 1988 to 1990 and from my perspective it was a fantastic bike. No point comparing it to modern machines as it had a weedy frame and a skinny back tyre and by todays standards it doesnt compare well.
You need to understand that back in 1988 my mates were driving around on 250 superdreams, dt125/175s,gsx 250 maybe a cx500 if they were lucky.
This was a bike that could be picked up for reasonable money (JP motorcycle Pearse st) and would run rings around all of the above. Would easily pass the ton and get up to it bloody quick.
First real performance machine that youngfellas could aspire to. However the engine did seize on me and the back wheel locked up which was a a scary experience.
Anyway the 350 powervalve was the one to have back in the day not the lc....

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
2009, sp2