Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Ride-out meets and events

Old 12th January 2018, 08:14 PM
DEAD DUCKS MCC

Biker.ie Member No. 13540 from north dublin
2,248 posts since Dec 2008
Motorbike: k7 r1200 gs
Modifications: Just a few
Default Rev Up 2018

RevUp 2018 is GO!

Head on over to www.revup.ie to get yourself signed up for the best motorcycling weekend of the year!

On the homepage, you'll see the link to register for this years event, it only takes a couple minutes to fill out and then you're one step closer to the best motorcycle weekend of the year!

Please note, if you're registering from a PC, you'll get a message confirming your registration, but if you're registering from a smart phone, no message appears, so don't panic if you see a blank screen.

The team have been working non-stop behind the scenes to make sure that this years RevUp lives up to its name and we can't wait to share everything we've done to help make RevUp bigger and better.

If you've any questions in the meantime (no, we won't tell you where we're going!) you can email registrat[email protected] and one of the team will get back to you ASAP!

For now though, we wish you and your families a happy new year, and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
Old 25th January 2018, 10:46 AM
DEAD DUCKS MCC
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Default Re: Rev Up 2018

bump
Old 21st February 2018, 09:23 PM
DEAD DUCKS MCC
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Default Re: Rev Up 2018

For those people who have a motorbike, and want to go for a "decent" spin ... check out www.revup.ie .... This weekend event will take place on the May bank holiday weekend. Where are we going, says you? ..... we don't know says us (except a VERY select few).
Question. So how does it work then? ...
Answer: After raising your sponsorship, (or paying it yourself - if in that position) You show up at Joe Duffy Motorrad on the saturday morning! ... Guaranteed there will be great stories, tales of derring Do and all that stuff! ... There will also be a slick and organised registration process, wherein maps, hi-vis vests, sangers, crisps etc will be thrust at you!
Question: Is it overly organised?
Answer: Shucks NO! Groups form organically, could be friends, types of bike, or just by accident! ... There is a reason we have the slogan of "share the journey"!!
Question: I am reasonably new to biking, will I be out of my depth?
Answer: The rev-up family is all inclusive. This is the one biking weekend, where you will make friends, and will also learn new skills! .... Guaranteed!
Question: Where are we going?
Answer: I really don't know! but I DO know that the routes will avoid main roads as much as possible. You will see parts of the country, that are beautiful, and are also some of the best biking roads on this planet of ours!
Question: What should I bring?
Answer: ... how much can you carry? .... LOL! .... Legal and roadworthy bike is a given. Your gear, that you are comfy in, and after that, I sould say that the minimum is a toothbrush and a credit card!! In days gone by, I had an RT, so I was able to bring everything! .. in the last couple of years, I did the revup on fireblades, so had to travel light!! ... That said, once you get yourself to Joe Duffy's on the saturday, you can nerf your rucksack into a luggage van! ... you don't have to carry said bag until the monday when RevUp is over.
Oh yeah! .. There will be a wonderful team of volunteers, who will look after the luggage, and will also supply support services in the unlikely event that there is a breakdown. This team are the, often, unsung heroes of the RevUp. They are not dangerous, and do appreciate pints, when in the bar!!
Any more questions - feel free to ask! :) I, for one, am looking forward to the May bank holiday weekend.
P.S. I should also say that some of my best friends are those that I met on the RevUp!

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Ride-out meets and events

Tags
2018, rev