Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Walderstown Road Races    
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Introductions > First time bikers

Old 9th January 2018, 07:20 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 37897
6 posts since Jan 2018
Default Insurance help

Could any body help me. I am 18 years of age and want to get on the road I am doing my theory test then getting a provisional Am license and hoping to get a 50cc scooter something like a Honda vision could any body help me in giving me rough guess of what my insurance would be on a 50cc scooter. Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 07:40 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 32347
281 posts since Nov 2013
Motorbike: still dreamin.....
Modifications: 5 day rambler...
Default Re: Insurance help

Liberty give online quotes,dunno bout the others.
Give you an idea at least.probably get better quotes by ringing around,ye better have lots of credit or unlimited calls,can be time consuming.
Best of luck.
Old 9th January 2018, 07:48 PM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

6 posts since Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Brrm!Brrm!
Liberty give online quotes,dunno bout the others.
Give you an idea at least.probably get better quotes by ringing around,ye better have lots of credit or unlimited calls,can be time consuming.
Best of luck.
Thanks I'll ring around and see
Old 9th January 2018, 09:44 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 36432 from Clare
156 posts since Jul 2016
Motorbike: Yammie XJ750D
Modifications: Motad system ebc brake di

It so weird our insurance call at 1 get a quote of a grand call sane company hour later different person maybe different quote I found. It will be pricey regardless your first hit is. Unless someone chimes in with same stats 18 on prov licence. Well done for choosing to give two wheels ago you will know quickly if it's a short term thing or life obsession. I been busted up spent thousands on bikes but never give them up
Old 9th January 2018, 10:42 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

6 posts since Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Katanasteve
It so weird our insurance call at 1 get a quote of a grand call sane company hour later different person maybe different quote I found. It will be pricey regardless your first hit is. Unless someone chimes in with same stats 18 on prov licence. Well done for choosing to give two wheels ago you will know quickly if it's a short term thing or life obsession. I been busted up spent thousands on bikes but never give them up
I got a online quote of 560 from liberty third party fire and theft that is not bad considering it would be my first insurance and I'm 18. I A few of my family members had bikes and they absolutely love them
Old 10th January 2018, 12:15 AM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 34083
219 posts since Nov 2014
Motorbike: 1991 fzr 600
Modifications: no longer seized

Originally Posted by Leo geoghegan
I got a online quote of 560 from liberty third party fire and theft that is not bad considering it would be my first insurance and I'm 18. I A few of my family members had bikes and they absolutely love them
i know with libertys car insurance, you can get a nice bit off if you add an older more experienced person to your policy. for my car i added my dad as a named driver and it came down a few hundred!
580 isnt bad at all for your first bike! my advice with getting your first bike is getting something cheap and chearful, something that you wont notice if you drop it, that way you dont have to worry about it when your learning the basics, you have the rest of your life to ride polished immaculate bikes, but none of them will be as fun as your first bike that you rev the hole off and abuse it. just my thoughts.

welcome to the bike community
Old 10th January 2018, 01:18 AM
Wobbling Fledgling

6 posts since Jan 2018

Originally Posted by fzr.rider
i know with libertys car insurance, you can get a nice bit off if you add an older more experienced person to your policy. for my car i added my dad as a named driver and it came down a few hundred!
580 isnt bad at all for your first bike! my advice with getting your first bike is getting something cheap and chearful, something that you wont notice if you drop it, that way you dont have to worry about it when your learning the basics, you have the rest of your life to ride polished immaculate bikes, but none of them will be as fun as your first bike that you rev the hole off and abuse it. just my thoughts.

welcome to the bike community
That's what I was thinking something cheap that I could learn on then eventually get a nice clean one thanks a lot for the advice
Old 10th January 2018, 08:03 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 28051
3,512 posts since Jan 2012
Motorbike: zx6r
Modifications: fines

being 18 would you not get an A1 license instead, doubt that insurance would be much mote
Old 10th January 2018, 08:29 AM
Wobbling Fledgling

6 posts since Jan 2018

[QUOTE=kwackquack;3515658]being 18 would you not get an A1 license instead, doubt that insurance would be much mote[/QUO I think I will get a A1 license instead of Am
Old 10th January 2018, 03:58 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 36006 from Naas/Dublin
43 posts since Apr 2016
Motorbike: Duke 390, 90' Bros 400
Modifications: Cracked fairings

I would go for A2, u only need to stick to power and power to weight ratio, but probably will not get insured on anything bigger than 250cc
Old 10th January 2018, 08:35 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

6 posts since Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Manastor
I would go for A2, u only need to stick to power and power to weight ratio, but probably will not get insured on anything bigger than 250cc
That was my thought I was thinking about going and getting a A2 license but because im 18 I was thinking the insurance would be expensive, I am strongly thinking about getting my A2 so I can get a bike with some sort of power I want to get on 2 wheels but don't want to absolutely broke trying to keep it on the road a 250cc would be plenty for me because I would only be computing into work and around town and just riding around enjoying the bike. What would be a good reliable 250cc bike ?

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Introductions > First time bikers

Tags
insurance