Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Old 8th December 2017, 04:01 PM
<< SAVAGE LID

Biker.ie Member No. 4646 from Back of the Wolfpack..Try
26,411 posts since Feb 2007
Motorbike: 2 Suzi's
Modifications: Sticker and Iba 35959
Default Re: whats the story with 17 year old blades

Get an X11 ffs
Old 8th December 2017, 04:17 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 27947
3,641 posts since Dec 2011

Don't take insult to this OP,but having an emotional attachment to a bandit is never going to end in you getting the most from motorcycling....and if you go and buy that shitbox in Monaghan,you will then have 2 middling bikes. If you want a decent bike,or as decent as a budget allows, sell your bandit and be done with it. Never mind all this "I did the valve clearances....i did the headstock.....i put petrol in it last week". Every bike costs money to run...and they are all running costs,and dont ad value to the bike. It's a 20 year old bandit in non original form,if ya get 1250 take arm and all. Whatever it gets it gets....then add that amount to the price yar man is looking for that fireblade and you won't be far off the price of an early Gixxer 1000.

And don't buy the cheapest dirt box ya find..that's a false economy! Just like buying a bandit with ape bars and a crap paint job is a false economy.
Old 8th December 2017, 04:17 PM
ACDC
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 3220 from Cork boi
15,598 posts since May 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Hayabusa Street Fighter
Modifications: a few :)

Originally Posted by green grass
It's a fireblade......in Monaghan.....and it looks like shite. When those three things happen in one advert walk away.
well to be fair , I see the logic in that
Old 8th December 2017, 04:35 PM
ACDC

Originally Posted by iano
Get an X11 ffs
looked at a few, tbh fine bike. fantastic bb engine but really kinda same as the bandit is to a gsxr 11 engine, in a perfect scenario id like to keep the bandit and have something light, powerful and nimble for the weekend

Don't take insult to this OP,but having an emotional attachment to a bandit is never going to end in you getting the most from motorcycling....and if you go and buy that shitbox in Monaghan,you will then have 2 middling bikes. If you want a decent bike,or as decent as a budget allows, sell your bandit and be done with it. Never mind all this "I did the valve clearances....i did the headstock.....i put petrol in it last week". Every bike costs money to run...and they are all running costs,and dont ad value to the bike. It's a 20 year old bandit in non original form,if ya get 1250 take arm and all. Whatever it gets it gets....then add that amount to the price yar man is looking for that fireblade and you won't be far off the price of an early Gixxer 1000.

And don't buy the cheapest dirt box ya find..that's a false economy! Just like buying a bandit with ape bars and a crap paint job is a false economy.
no insult there in that , I know what you are saying but I've my own opinion and i have to disagree with you on the running costs, we're not talking about extras, things like bearings and c and s etc do in my mind make a big difference and I can ask for a higher price going off same other bandits same year etc

but going back to the original question, this aint about bandits or gixxers its about blades, I dont know bar the usuall stuff to watch out for on any bike , its the other kinks that a lad who has been on blades for years to watch out for, thats all im asking its a fair enough question
Old 8th December 2017, 04:55 PM
Veteran Racer

City spares have a blade on donedeal...a 919 99 model. 74,000km. And they are looking 1550

I was never a fan of the 929 blade or the 954 for that matter. After the 919 the next proper blade spat the fumes from under the seat.

At least the blade in city spares is in original condition,albeit tatty condition, and I wouldn't let the miles put me off. If I wanted an auld blade id be heading to Dublin for a gawk at that.

And re the value of a bike,It isn't worth Any more than the next bike cause it's been maintained....its worth less cause it hasn't been maintained.
Old 8th December 2017, 05:12 PM
ACDC

City spares have a blade on donedeal...a 919 99 model. 74,000km. And they are looking €1550

I was never a fan of the 929 blade or the 954 for that matter. After the 919 the next proper blade spat the fumes from under the seat.

At least the blade in city spares is in original condition,albeit tatty condition, and I wouldn't let the miles put me off. If I wanted an auld blade id be heading to Dublin for a gawk at that.

And re the value of a bike,It isn't worth Any more than the next bike cause it's been maintained....its worth less cause it hasn't been maintained.

have you a link for the one in city spares just for a look, the search function on the done deal website is a fuck to use.
its also 8euro now for a bike add

edit, tis cool i found it , the city spare done deal page but no blades , a cbr 6

Last edited by acdc; 8th December 2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 8th December 2017, 05:20 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 10018 from Cork
6,653 posts since May 2008

City spares blade?
https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-f...e-919/17325970
Old 8th December 2017, 05:27 PM
ACDC

Don't take insult to this OP,but having an emotional attachment to a bandit is never going to end in you getting the most from motorcycling....and if you go and buy that shitbox in Monaghan,you will then have 2 middling bikes. If you want a decent bike,or as decent as a budget allows, sell your bandit and be done with it. Never mind all this "I did the valve clearances....i did the headstock.....i put petrol in it last week". Every bike costs money to run...and they are all running costs,and dont ad value to the bike. It's a 20 year old bandit in non original form,if ya get €1250 take arm and all. Whatever it gets it gets....then add that amount to the price yar man is looking for that fireblade and you won't be far off the price of an early Gixxer 1000.

Im a little confused on that part, but how is buying a bandit with a crap paint job and ape bars a false economy?
cause from where im looking at and i could be well wrong , i dont recall mentioning how much I paid for her as well as the fact that apart from getting rentals sorted on her she never missed a beat in the 4 years I have had her.
I would even argue that outta the 9 bikes I have had so far in my life that she was the best value for money and mechanically sound bike I have ever owned.
I did buy a Kwasaki FX400R for 400 quid from a dealer, she had petrol pissing out of the carbs and had 80% of the exaust missing and to quote mattie from lee motorcycles when i had a problem with her overheating he said that bike needs a priest not a mechanic , id agree that she was a false economy, but I sold her on tick to a lad in work for 500 paid off in 5 installments of 100, and not a min to soon after she was paid for she caught fire and that was it for her
Old 8th December 2017, 05:34 PM
ACDC

Originally Posted by Fledermaus
cheers
she looks a bit tatty but with a little t and c she could come out nice but you be putting a nice few quid into her,

I made a deal for this gsxr 750 for a fair wack less than he was asking, heading up Monday and if she is like the lad said then Ill ride her home.
Dont know Dublin well but can you get the dart out to Drogheda , defo a bus
Old 8th December 2017, 05:50 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 10018 from Cork
6,653 posts since May 2008

Originally Posted by acdc
cheers
she looks a bit tatty but with a little t and c she could come out nice but you be putting a nice few quid into her,

I made a deal for this gsxr 750 for a fair wack less than he was asking, heading up Monday and if she is like the lad said then Ill ride her home.
Dont know Dublin well but can you get the dart out to Drogheda , defo a bus
Congrats,hope it works out well for you

http://www.dublintourist.com/maps/da...rban-rail-map/
Old 8th December 2017, 06:03 PM
ACDC

Originally Posted by Fledermaus
Congrats,hope it works out well for you

http://www.dublintourist.com/maps/da...rban-rail-map/
cheers bro, well see, a lot can happen between now and then, Im going to look at an old school gsxr 750 tomorrow that was 1800 and I said I would not pay more than 11 for her, she looks ok but I will need to take her for a spin (the old gsxr) that way I could hold on to the bandit and have a bit of craic with the 750 but she is 1995 and they went to water cooling the year before, 'Id prefer the oil colled sacs gixxers but well see.
I had the old water cooled 1100 gsxr and she handled like a tank until you could open her up on a good road, Im hoping the old 750 might have a lot less weight and some good power mid range and top end.
Old 8th December 2017, 06:12 PM
Veteran Racer

cheers bro, well see, a lot can happen between now and then, Im going to look at an old school gsxr 750 tomorrow that was 1800 and I said I would not pay more than 11 for her, she looks ok but I will need to take her for a spin (the old gsxr) that way I could hold on to the bandit and have a bit of craic with the 750 but she is 1995 and they went to water cooling the year before, 'Id prefer the oil colled sacs gixxers but well see.
I had the old water cooled 1100 gsxr and she handled like a tank until you could open her up on a good road, Im hoping the old 750 might have a lot less weight and some good power mid range and top end.
And what about Lukasz In Louth who's waiting on Ya??

Are you the hoor who rings me Every time I'm selling a bike to arrange a viewing....but never shows??
Old 8th December 2017, 06:38 PM
ACDC

Are you the hoor who rings me Every time I'm selling a bike to arrange a viewing....but never shows??
no buddy, I always do what I says Im gonna do, I had a good conversation with Luzas, he seems like a well decent lad and has a genuine reason for selling,
The other lad with the old skool 750 is also a gent and like I said to him a good reason to take a decent spin out and he is willing to part for handy money there is no reason I cant have both is there , the old 750 would be a lovely winter project to flip at the same money I bought her as doing a bike up and bringing her back to something any lad would be proud of is a job that pays for its self, especially with old gsxr's as I know them mechanically like tha back of my hand and a nice spray job after the mechanical work is done would be well worth it, kinda like a hobby
Old 8th December 2017, 06:41 PM
ACDC

and no offence greengrass but who the feck pisses in your cornflakes every morning, I do love you posts, you call a spade a spade and i think you would make a great advent calendar, open the new day door every morning and a little tiny voice tells you to fuck off
Old 8th December 2017, 06:44 PM
Veteran Racer

Ah come out of it. Your always whinging about been broke/on the verge of been homeless.........looking for dig outs with cheap parts.........and now your going round buying up bikes like Ireland's answer to Arthur Daly. Are ya broke or what?
Old 8th December 2017, 06:45 PM
<< SAVAGE LID

Biker.ie Member No. 4646 from Back of the Wolfpack..Try
26,411 posts since Feb 2007
Motorbike: 2 Suzi's
Modifications: Sticker and Iba 35959

No dart to drogheda
Diesel from city centre
Old 8th December 2017, 07:08 PM
ACDC

Ah come out of it. Your always whinging about been broke/on the verge of been homeless.........looking for dig outs with cheap parts.........and now your going round buying up bikes like Ireland's answer to Arthur Daly. Are ya broke or what?
i am always broke, thats true, hand to mouth, and I have not bought any bike ,
I got a student fund assistance payment of 900 euro and a loan approved from the credit union of a grand so to be fair I have a a really hard time the last few months and yes I was practically homeless if you call living on a buddys coutch homeless yes its the same thing not to mention the mental health affects to boot with it so I think I deserve to pick up something that for me is a lot of money some lads would pay more for there tyres, and when did /I ever look for a dig out off anyone on here, if something was for sale i put in an offer, in fact i have sent more stuff to members on here for nothing and never asked for nothing back not to even mention it on a thread so where are you comming from to be fair. It not really a nice feeling waking up every morning looking on daft to try to find a place and reading on the e paper every morning about a mother with 3/4 kids sleeping in there car as the coincil wont or cant find a house for them so what does a single lad like me has a chance and thats a fact.

of all things now greengrass , craic is craic and a bit of banter but that is going well below the belt , i swear on my kids life that i more than once considered killing myself with all the shit ive been through the past year and on top of that its no secret that i have other problems like anxiety and depression and I dont really like mentioning here on a public forum but your well out of order there bro. I not looking for attention I just saying how it is and you be surprised how many more out there even in the biking community are in similar situations and some never bounce back

Last edited by acdc; 8th December 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 8th December 2017, 07:14 PM
ACDC

Originally Posted by iano
No dart to drogheda
Diesel from city centre
cheers Iano , you mean the bus dont you
Old 8th December 2017, 07:24 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 5067 from Kildare-ish.
4,613 posts since Apr 2007
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.

cheers Iano , you mean the bus dont you
No he means desiel train from connolly station.
The Dart only goes to malahide no further.
Old 8th December 2017, 07:34 PM
ACDC

Originally Posted by johnny b
No he means desiel train from connolly station.
The Dart only goes to malahide no further.
cool beans , Ill figure it out

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Tags
blades, For Sale :, story, year