Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 7th March 2019, 05:20 PM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,270 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
Default Johnson re-unites with Lee Hardy Racing for North West 200

Lincolnshire’s Gary Johnson will re-team with Lee Hardy Racing for the 2019 Fonacab North West 200.

The 38 year old will compete in the Superbike and Superstock races at Portrush on a pair of ZX-10RR Kawasakis in the livery of Hardy’s RAF Regular and Reserves Racing squad.

He will also campaign his own 675cc Triumph in the Supersport events. Johnson has been making intensive plans to hit the ground running at this year’s NW200.

“While my race bikes are being built I’ve bought my own practice bike, a MSS Performance/Reactive Parts prepared ZX-10RR, so that I can go testing and take in some early endurance races plus the first Thundersport and National Superstock rounds,” said Johnson.
“I have to try to fast-track and make up ground with my preparation because the boys who race BSB have been riding all year since last year’s North West.”
Johnson is also hoping to capitalise on staying with Kawasaki power for a second season in the Lee Hardy run team.

“We will have some continuity with the Kawasakis. We have some good settings from last year when I had a good run in the Superstock race at the North West.

“I need my bikes to be strong so that I can run in the front group. I was in the mix in the Superstock and Supersport races last year and I want to be in there again battling to be on the podium come May.”
Old 8th March 2019, 11:47 AM
Broke racer.

Biker.ie Member No. 2633 from The Pale
19,357 posts since Jan 2006
Motorbike: SS600 R6 #36 LWSS ZXR400 #36 CR125
Modifications: Shit loads for a shit rider!
Default Re: Johnson re-unites with Lee Hardy Racing for North West 200

Best of luck to him, he's a grafter.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays