Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Reply
 
  #61  
Old 7th February 2019, 02:09 PM
kwackquack kwackquack is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 28051
3,694 posts since Jan 2012
Motorbike: zx6r
Modifications: fines
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Local Centra was doing cage ones for just under 26 quid last week , could probably easily enough be wired up to the bike as well
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 7th February 2019, 02:29 PM
thos thos is offline
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 35703
43 posts since Jan 2016
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by Gixxer
There are loads of very good cameras out there for less than a hundred yoyos. I'll post links to a few if you want them.
If you've got front+rear hard wired suggestions I'm all ears.

I see plenty of options on eBay and Amazon, but no brand names, and very dodgy reviews.

Innovv are pricey enough, but seems like the only decent contender.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 7th February 2019, 04:43 PM
Otischop Otischop is offline
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 38518
30 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S
Modifications: Nope
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

I have two of these, helmet mounted and on the bike (rear)
Great cameras :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 7th February 2019, 05:13 PM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is online now
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,071 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by thos
If you've got front+rear hard wired suggestions I'm all ears.

I see plenty of options on eBay and Amazon, but no brand names, and very dodgy reviews.

Innovv are pricey enough, but seems like the only decent contender.
My mate just bought one from China, and he reckons it's very good, but I haven't seen any footage from it yet, so I couldn't recommend it.
It's this one: <<< LINK

Last edited by Gixxer; 7th February 2019 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 7th February 2019, 08:20 PM
ridelikeaturtle's Avatar
ridelikeaturtle ridelikeaturtle is offline
All I wanted was a Pepsi
 
Biker.ie Member No. 1921 from DNS Dublin
9,027 posts since Jun 2005
Motorbike: '01 ZRX1200R, '99 SV650S
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by thos View Post
If you've got front+rear hard wired suggestions I'm all ears.

I see plenty of options on eBay and Amazon, but no brand names, and very dodgy reviews.

Innovv are pricey enough, but seems like the only decent contender.
I picked this one, because of the 7 reviews they were all 3, 4 or 5 stars, with the 3-star reviews saying the audio was bad, which I don't really care about so much.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e_o00__o00_s00
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 7th February 2019, 10:41 PM
valkeire valkeire is offline
Clubman
 
Biker.ie Member No. 1872 from Dublin
127 posts since May 2005
Motorbike: Honda Valkyrie Interstate
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

I bought one of these DV188 on Amazon UK last year, so far I'm very pleased with it.
For me the important requirements are,
It must run in the background, i.e switches on and off with the ignition.
I don't want to have to remember to switch it on.
Front and back cameras with sound recording.
Must be ok to run for long periods and take a high capacity sd card.

So far, all is going well, the manufacturer says it is not fully waterproof, and suggest it can be fitted under the seat. I just use a plastic bag or shower cap to cover the screen panel.
It comes with a remote button with a rainproof cover, which I have fitted but never use it.
Video quality is ok, everything that needs to be seen can be seen and heard.
I rarely have any need to look at a video, I usually put the sd card into my desktop and download it, and eventually delete it.
I've been using cameras both on the bike and cages for years, and will not travel without them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180507_120050.jpg (79.9 KB)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 9th February 2019, 09:20 AM
kwackquack kwackquack is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 28051
3,694 posts since Jan 2012
Motorbike: zx6r
Modifications: fines
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

I'll rob a setup off Lorenzos bike next time I go to a GP, should be adequate for commuting
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 17th February 2019, 07:20 PM
Salvadore Cammarano Salvadore Cammarano is online now
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 38512 from Dublin, Glasnevin
30 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Hornet 900
Modifications: stock
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by RTV View Post
I do run with a gopro on my helmet at all times. It's almost a must if you commute... but I don't play vigilante. I don't go around screaming you'll be on youtube and saying the reg out loud...

It's just in case anything should happen (knock on wood).
+1 to this.

GoPro for myself. Yes I highly recommend a helmet cam for every rider doing decent mileage! It number one keeps you safe from any ejits attempting fraud and can save you a lot of money. It's also nice to look back on footage doing trips across Europe and Ireland!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 18th February 2019, 10:48 AM
ridelikeaturtle's Avatar
ridelikeaturtle ridelikeaturtle is offline
All I wanted was a Pepsi
 
Biker.ie Member No. 1921 from DNS Dublin
9,027 posts since Jun 2005
Motorbike: '01 ZRX1200R, '99 SV650S
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

If the expectation from all road users was that they were being recorded in HD, behaviour would improve dramatically - because the likelihood of being caught doing stupid shit would improve dramatically.

I'm expecting this to slowly start to change, for the good. There are only more CCTV, dashcams, and helmet cameras, being used every day.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 18th February 2019, 01:34 PM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is online now
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,071 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle View Post
If the expectation from all road users was that they were being recorded in HD, behaviour would improve dramatically - because the likelihood of being caught doing stupid shit would improve dramatically.

I'm expecting this to slowly start to change, for the good. There are only more CCTV, dashcams, and helmet cameras, being used every day.
Then, once insurance companies get a whiff that more people are using them, they'll start offering a discount for people using them, then they'll soon become compulsory, then, before you know it, we'll all have a tacho installed like HGVs. Next thing you know your vehicle will be sending the data back to the cops, and you'll be issued automatic fines and points because your vehicle grassed on you.
There are already enough people who would volunterily hand control of every waking moment over to someone who could do their thinking for them. They usually come out with the old chestnut 'if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear', and they're usually the same people who would report their neighbour for having no tax.
Be careful what you wish for.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 18th February 2019, 02:01 PM
Otischop Otischop is offline
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 38518
30 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S
Modifications: Nope
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

thought I'd put up a bit of footage from these cheap cameras.
Works a treat. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKASO-EK500...s=akaso+ek5000

Sample here:
https://vimeo.com/317980642
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 18th February 2019, 02:09 PM
CollyWogg's Avatar
CollyWogg CollyWogg is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 6063 from Dublin
402 posts since Jul 2007
Motorbike: Foxeye Fazer, Diavel
Modifications: back box & crash cage
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by Otischop View Post
thought I'd put up a bit of footage from these cheap cameras.
Works a treat. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKASO-EK500...s=akaso+ek5000

Sample here:
https://vimeo.com/317980642
Why are you in the overtaking lane for so long before getting anywhere the vehicle ahead?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 18th February 2019, 02:24 PM
Otischop Otischop is offline
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 38518
30 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S
Modifications: Nope
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by CollyWogg View Post
Why are you in the overtaking lane for so long before getting anywhere the vehicle ahead?
There was nothing behind me until the van undertook a car that did come up fast towards the end, I moved back in then. Can I not use the fast lane if there's nothing ahead or behind?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 18th February 2019, 02:46 PM
renniks's Avatar
renniks renniks is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
3,976 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by Otischop View Post
There was nothing behind me until the van undertook a car that did come up fast towards the end, I moved back in then. Can I not use the fast lane if there's nothing ahead or behind?
It is not the 'fast lane' it is called the 'overtaking lane'
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 18th February 2019, 02:57 PM
ridelikeaturtle's Avatar
ridelikeaturtle ridelikeaturtle is offline
All I wanted was a Pepsi
 
Biker.ie Member No. 1921 from DNS Dublin
9,027 posts since Jun 2005
Motorbike: '01 ZRX1200R, '99 SV650S
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
Then, once insurance companies get a whiff that more people are using them, they'll start offering a discount for people using them, then they'll soon become compulsory, then, before you know it, we'll all have a tacho installed like HGVs. Next thing you know your vehicle will be sending the data back to the cops, and you'll be issued automatic fines and points because your vehicle grassed on you.
There are already enough people who would volunterily hand control of every waking moment over to someone who could do their thinking for them. They usually come out with the old chestnut 'if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear', and they're usually the same people who would report their neighbour for having no tax.
Be careful what you wish for.
This is happening now / going to continue, you can't stop it. The technology "cat" is out of the bag - either embrace and understand it, or fear and suffer it, it's your choice.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 18th February 2019, 03:26 PM
Otischop Otischop is offline
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 38518
30 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S
Modifications: Nope
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by renniks View Post
It is not the 'fast lane' it is called the 'overtaking lane'
Very sorry
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 18th February 2019, 03:34 PM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is online now
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,071 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by Otischop View Post
Can I not use the fast lane if there's nothing ahead or behind?
No.
Did you pass a test to get your license or did you get it in a lucky bag?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 18th February 2019, 03:37 PM
Jack stowage's Avatar
Jack stowage Jack stowage is offline
MotoGP Star
 
Biker.ie Member No. 15313 from Wherever i lay my hat
915 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: Whatevers popular
Modifications: cyclist skewer
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Is that 133 on the speedo i see.................
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 18th February 2019, 03:42 PM
Otischop Otischop is offline
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 38518
30 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S
Modifications: Nope
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
No.
Did you pass a test to get your license or did you get it in a lucky bag?
Your sister gave it to me, and not the licence either :)
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 18th February 2019, 04:38 PM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is online now
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,071 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: Crash Camera - do you?

Originally Posted by Otischop View Post
Your sister gave it to me, and not the licence either :)
Was she any good? I didn't rate her.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
camera, crash


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP: MotoGP Catalunya: Crash down to riding over the limit - Dovizioso Admin Racing and Trackdays 0 17th June 2018 09:20 PM
Camera Talk skenny Off Topic 2 20th February 2006 04:56 PM
Nice New Camera Gear......ideal Christmas Gift! Kramer Buying and Selling 15 24th November 2005 10:46 AM
Digital Camera Talk PaulG Off Topic 18 11th October 2005 05:01 PM
Camera For Sale KildareMan Buying and Selling 4 18th August 2005 02:15 PM


Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed