Old 2nd February 2019, 04:50 PM #31
Wobbling Fledgling

Wobbling Fledgling

Re: Lucky girl, needs to pay attention

Just to say it: It's a pelican crossing, not a zebra crossing. Right of way is determined by the lights, not by putting a foot on the road.

Even if it was a zebra crossing I'm fairly sure the UK has the same rules as us meaning a pedestrian is not allowed to put their foot out to gain right of way if it will cause oncoming traffic to brake suddenly or swerve - as far as I know that rule is still in place.

So it'd still be her responsibility to make sure it was safe to cross before doing so and if she's able to move between the van and the bike she's able to see the bike. Probably didn't spot him because of the sun which still means she shouldn't have crossed since she couldn't tell it was safe. (I'm sure we've all done worse)

Still, she only ran off because of shock/embarrassment. You only really think damage costs/insurance when you drive.
AndyK is offline   ReplyReply
Old 3rd February 2019, 12:07 AM #32
MotoGP Star

Motorbike: Triumph Tiger 1050
MotoGP Star

Rides: Triumph Tiger 1050
Re: Lucky girl, needs to pay attention

should have got her digits
dufferman is offline   ReplyReply

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
attention, girl, lucky, pay