Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Walderstown Road Races    
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 17th June 2018, 06:20 PM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
33,756 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
Default MotoGP Catalunya: Lorenzo refuses to rule himself out of title fight

Catalan race winner Jorge Lorenzo refused to refused to rule himself out of the World Championship, despite acknowledging that it is extremely unlikely.

Click the image to open in full size.

Lorenzo has taken a maximum 50 points over the last two Grand Prix and taken 30 points out of Marc Marquez’ World Championship lead. Despite taking 30 points away from his compatriot, he does still find himself 49 points behind Marquez.
“I’ve never felt this good with the Ducati, never,” Lorenzo said after todays race which he won by 4.479 seconds.

“Last year was not good but honestly also our bike now is competitive and I feel great. We probably have the best and most complete Ducati ever.

“That’s also a good sign, so let’s see. The good thing for us is that we don’t have pressure, we don’t have anything to lose, and Marc has a little more pressure in that aspect,” he said.

“The bad news is that we’re very far [from the Championship lead], the good news is that we still have a lot of races until the end. From Mugello it was almost impossible, now it’s possible, even if it is very difficult, but we have our chance.

“The championship can change so much and I also can lose many points in a difficult race, Assen for example is a track that where it has been a lot of years that since I got a very good result.”
Lorenzo has won both of his races with Ducati looking after his soft rear Michelin tyre. After working with the soft rear tyre, Lorenzo was conscious of the fact that Marquez was using harder rubber and could have potentially caught him later in the race.
“Our bike works well but also I needed to save them and be very smooth with the throttle,” he said.

“I’ve changed my riding quite a lot, because I knew Marc was with different tyres and this could be an advantage. I think it was very similar, both packages, and finally we could keep more or less the same distance more or less throughout the race.

“In my opinion, Michelin did a great job because we found a lot of difficulties at the beginning but little by little they improved and now we are much more compensated form the rear tyre to the front. Still the front tyre for me needs to have a little bit more grip in the edge.”
As well as now being a double race winner on the Ducati, something his former team-mate and great rival Valentino Rossi couldn’t do, Lorenzo also secured a pole position on the Ducati, something Rossi didn’t manage during his infamous stint with the Italian factory.

Lorenzo didn't miss the opportunity to use his latest wins as a stick to beat the Italian with, Lorenzo acknowledged that his Desmosedici is slightly different to the bike Rossi had but said he could’ve also won on it in its previous form.
“I think Valentino’s Ducati was even faster than mine as it run a different map and compression ratio due to different technical regulations, we can only speculate now but I believe I could have won a lot of races on the previous Ducati also ” said Lorenzo.

“From the outside I believe that. As I said before, now for me, is the most complete package ever. Vale is a great rider, but not the best ” said Lorenzo.
Old 18th June 2018, 11:43 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 32047 from Bray
533 posts since Aug 2013
Motorbike: BusaK8 Versys650 Blade 08
Modifications: sack n' crack wax.
Default Anyone know what Lorenzo did to his fuel tank??

Thinking about getting it done on the Versys..
Old 18th June 2018, 11:47 AM
Chief Physician
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
33,756 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
Default Re: Anyone know what Lorenzo did to his fuel tank??

Originally Posted by RobbieBeGood
Thinking about getting it done on the Versys..
I think the new tank has more room to manoeuvre his bigger balls than Rossi's model of petrol tank.
Old 18th June 2018, 12:06 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 5067 from Kildare-ish.
4,611 posts since Apr 2007
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.
Default Re: MotoGP Catalunya: Lorenzo refuses to rule himself out of title fight

I cant fucking stand that Lorenzo fucker!
Hes some moany cun T and hes a fickle rider.
Cant stand his over the top celebrations, "Lorenzo land" ffs! A hammer ffs! Jumping off the podium like a twonk!
Christ he boils my piss and I bet he wont do fuck all with the Honda.
Old 18th June 2018, 04:39 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 18249
371 posts since Sep 2009
Motorbike: honda cbr900
Default Re: MotoGP Catalunya: Lorenzo refuses to rule himself out of title fight

Originally Posted by johnny b
Cant stand his over the top celebrations, "Lorenzo land" ffs! A hammer ffs! Jumping off the podium like a twonk!
Old 18th June 2018, 07:47 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 36619 from Westmeath filter champ
214 posts since Sep 2016

There's no point to the show if the pantomime villain doesn't turn up!
Great to see #99 back.
Old 18th June 2018, 08:55 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 9615 from Naas
1,163 posts since Apr 2008
Motorbike: r1150rockster
Modifications: nothing silly

Let's see in Assen when the rain comes... Never the less, great back to back wins from Lorenzo! Fair play
Old 18th June 2018, 09:26 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 22146 from Drogheda
431 posts since May 2010
Motorbike: Fazer 1
Modifications: petrol

Moto GP needs another rider to fight for the front, fair play to Lorenzo. Yamaha its time to get the finger out.
Old 18th June 2018, 09:42 PM
All I wanted was a Pepsi

Biker.ie Member No. 1921 from DNS Dublin
8,970 posts since Jun 2005
Motorbike: '01 ZRX1200R, '99 SV650S

Lorenzo always seemed like an arrogant prick.

But he's won multiple championships, and you don't do that by luck. Ducati has made a big mistake in not listening to a rider with his credentials.

But they did exactly the same thing with Rossi, didn't they?
Old 18th June 2018, 10:34 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 32152 from Tipp
87 posts since Sep 2013
Motorbike: beemer 1200
Modifications: botox, nose job

Originally Posted by johnny b

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Tags
fuel, lorenzo, tank