Old 5th August 2007, 10:46 PM #91
Wobbling Fledgling

Motorbike: Honda Bros
Wobbling Fledgling

Rides: Honda Bros
Arrow any suggestions for locks n stuff?

..jeez just got bike and joined the site. this bike robbin lark is freakin m'out. looks like they'll get through mostly anything, had planned to getta lock off allmoto for like 100 eu but now seems waste almost

..what yiz reckon, anybody got any suggestions for a make of lock that'd be inclined to put em off ..or other suggestions appreciated
Fonda is offline   ReplyReply
Old 6th August 2007, 03:51 PM #92
WSB Contender

Motorbike: Aprilia Capo
Modifications: Mods? I fcukin hate me, Punks all the way!
WSB Contender

Rides: Aprilia Capo
Mods: Mods? I fcukin hate me, Punks all the way!
abus make good suff but if they want it bad enough no lock will work

also consider more than one lock and a loud alarm in a very public place when parking

just maximize the inconvenience factor for them to the max
heywood100 is offline   ReplyReply
Old 6th August 2007, 04:01 PM #93
ISB Contender

Motorbike: Pair of 92 YAMAHA FJ1200s
Modifications: Increased Heart Rate & a
ISB Contender

Rides: Pair of 92 YAMAHA FJ1200s
Mods: Increased Heart Rate & a
Quote:
Originally Posted by heywood100 View Post

also consider more than one lock and a loud alarm in a very public place when parking

Heywood, any update on your baby. Saw yours was the last post, hoped you were reporting her found & safe...

Hope so soon,

Bros
BROS is offline   ReplyReply
Old 7th August 2007, 12:32 PM #94
Clubman

Motorbike: CBR 250
Modifications: no mods as yet
Clubman

Rides: CBR 250
Mods: no mods as yet
Triumph, do me a favour and give your brother another congradulations from me. A lot of the Guards seem to view bike theft as a lesser crime for some reason and there response is a joke.

Oh and cheers for the advice by the way, I'm gonna bike a disc brake and then put the chain through the back wheel and the frame.
dash_cbr250 is offline   ReplyReply
Old 7th August 2007, 12:36 PM #95
Clubman

Motorbike: CBR 250
Modifications: no mods as yet
Clubman

Rides: CBR 250
Mods: no mods as yet
Scooch, I remember what it felt like to see someone drop my first bike on the pavement so I cannot imagine what its like to see someone steal it. Having any bike stolen is hard, but your first one is especially tough. I will keep a sharp eye out for it all around dublin.
dash_cbr250 is offline   ReplyReply
Old 7th August 2007, 01:01 PM #96
cybercide

Motorbike: NSR125 (sold), R6, RSV1000
cybercide

Rides: NSR125 (sold), R6, RSV1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by heywood100 View Post

Came into the job yesterday to use the net & on the way home on the grangecastle road some pikie bastard flew past on a bike the same as yours Haywood. No helmet or gear of any sort on. So i lifted the handbrake & went after him. He took a corner & i noticed he had the standard cans on it. With that a unmarked garda car comes screaming up past me. So i left them to it. Just hope they caught the c**t.
flynn is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th August 2007, 03:41 PM #97
Wobbling Fledgling

Wobbling Fledgling

appreciate the advice heywood, wil check abus. Hope that was your bike that flynn saw, any joy ?

by the way is allmoto website good place to shop or would anyone recommend somewhere else, any particular shop better ?
Old 8th August 2007, 03:44 PM #98
Supporter

Motorbike: 675 & 636
Supporter

Rides: 675 & 636
i like thevisorshop.com and mandp.co.uk, couldnt find the allmoto place you mention

kal is offline   ReplyReply
Old 12th August 2007, 01:23 AM #99
Wobbling Fledgling

Wobbling Fledgling

New fella here, great site lads!

Just a few things...

I am a guard and have read this forum for a while, driving a marauder 125, my first bike.

Firstly, a stolen bike thread should be created where the only posts are about bikes that have been stolen or recovered, no discussions! it would make it alot easier for me to go through and take down reg numbers, that i can stick in my PDA and check on when im out and about. Chattin away is good but it makes it harder for me and any other guards who look at this to find the nitty gritty info we need.

Secondly, I noticed a bit of harshness towards our responce to bikes being stolen so let me just say that where I work, its a dublin city center station, if a call comes in that a bike is being stolen at the moment we almost kill ourselves trying to get there to catch them. Ive almost been in many accidents from it. If the bike has already been stolen and is long gone, then its lower down on our list of priorities and more urgent calls, like assaults will take precedence. Theres other people out there that need help too. So please, give us a break, we do the best we can with what meager resources we have.

Anyway, my main reason for posting is for my first point. I would ask the Mods to create a sticky thread for stolen bikes that only has the relevant info in it, so that myself and any others who look at it can provide a better service for you guys.
sheriff is offline   ReplyReply
Old 13th August 2007, 12:34 AM #100
Wobbling Fledgling

Wobbling Fledgling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECLAN MC View Post
sorry for troubling u prob is who to ring local garda 999 or is there some other place or numberie confiduntual phone no sorry for spelling we all make mistakes if there is let us know if there is isent tells us propper way to do things thats a starting point
this is my opionion dont speak for anyone else
i will put on my phone any no u give us and use it
Well the answer is unfortunatly two fold. If you call your local station then you cut out the middle man ( ie, the 999 operator ) so in theory you get a faster responce. However if your local station doesnt have any units to spare at the minute, you will be left waiting until they do and no other station knows about it.

If you call 999, then they will get in touch with whatever you local station is and pass it to them ASAP and if your local station doesnt have any units available then it will be passed by the 999 operator to the next closest station. So someone will get to you!

This is speaking from the viewpoint of dublin city, i cant really comment on other areas.

My personal advice is that if the call is urgent, as in, your bike is being stolen as we speak. Then ring your local station first, as this will cut out the delay. Its always handy to have your local stations number on your phone
Old 13th August 2007, 10:09 PM #101
Wobbling Fledgling

Motorbike: 02 Honda CBR600F
Modifications: Braded hoses, k&n filter, blueflame exhaust, some asthetics, double bubble, etc
Wobbling Fledgling

Rides: 02 Honda CBR600F
Mods: Braded hoses, k&n filter, blueflame exhaust, some asthetics, double bubble, etc
Talking Nice one liamo

STOLEN: 02 CBR600Fi Red/White/Blue with Blueflame Exhaust, Double Bubble screen, crash bobbins and goodridge braided brake hoses, slight scratches on rear right panel. Chassis Number is 2M304244
Please contact me if you see this bike, CASH reward offered for its return.

Make & Model: Honda CBR600Fi

Colour: Red/White/Blue

Reg: 02D33004

Chassis Number: 2M304244

Location Stolen From: Apartment car park Cabinteely

Time Bike was Stolen: Saturday 11th between 15.30 and 23.30

Any distinguishing Features: Double Bubble Screen, Braided Brake hoses, BlueFlame Exchaust, Large Crash Bobbins, Alarm, Scratch on rear back right hand pane, new x-ring chain and spockets, k&n filter

dantgriffin is offline   ReplyReply
Old 13th August 2007, 10:15 PM #102
Wobbling Fledgling

Motorbike: 02 Honda CBR600F
Modifications: Braded hoses, k&n filter, blueflame exhaust, some asthetics, double bubble, etc
Wobbling Fledgling

Rides: 02 Honda CBR600F
Mods: Braded hoses, k&n filter, blueflame exhaust, some asthetics, double bubble, etc
oops pics of cbr600 02d33004

thanks guys, any sign, would be great
dantgriffin is offline   ReplyReply
Old 14th August 2007, 11:48 AM #103
Wobbling Fledgling

Wobbling Fledgling

Thanks for the web-sites KAL, allmoto.ie I mentioned is Irish website, if ya order by phone ya get another 15% off the web prices ..which makes them cheaper for locks, don't know about other stuff.

Welcome to the site SHERRIF and safe motoring, is worth hearing another side of story. Yeah one dedicated thread is the real answer, gotta concentrate all leads/reports in one spot. The discussion ain't bad though, kinda helpful to know all eyes are open and probably is the place for related prevention tips - it definitely woke me up to few things including fact that underground car-parks are high risk.

Which tread is it gonna be - this one ?
Old 14th August 2007, 12:27 PM #104

Motorbike: jap brit and euro
My Motorcycle Pics

Rides: jap brit and euro
My Motorcycle Pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonda View Post
Thanks for the web-sites KAL, allmoto.ie I mentioned is Irish website, if ya order by phone ya get another 15% off the web prices ..which makes them cheaper for locks, don't know about other stuff.

Welcome to the site SHERRIF and safe motoring, is worth hearing another side of story. Yeah one dedicated thread is the real answer, gotta concentrate all leads/reports in one spot. The discussion ain't bad though, kinda helpful to know all eyes are open and probably is the place for related prevention tips - it definitely woke me up to few things including fact that underground car-parks are high risk.

Which tread is it gonna be - this one ?
first off ,yer only new so a few pointers , no advertising till we know who you are , secondly we know allmoto (derek) and he's got good reviews on the thread about allmoto ,3rd ...there was about 60 posts cleaned from this thread already last night ... theses 2 posts will dissapear soon too .search the forum for info before posting it .and remember at all times NO CAGE TALK
chopper is offline   ReplyReply
Old 14th August 2007, 12:47 PM #105
cybercide

cybercide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
New fella here, great site lads!

Just a few things...

I am a guard and have read this forum for a while, driving a marauder 125, my first bike.

Firstly, a stolen bike thread should be created where the only posts are about bikes that have been stolen or recovered, no discussions! it would make it alot easier for me to go through and take down reg numbers, that i can stick in my PDA and check on when im out and about. Chattin away is good but it makes it harder for me and any other guards who look at this to find the nitty gritty info we need.

Secondly, I noticed a bit of harshness towards our responce to bikes being stolen so let me just say that where I work, its a dublin city center station, if a call comes in that a bike is being stolen at the moment we almost kill ourselves trying to get there to catch them. Ive almost been in many accidents from it. If the bike has already been stolen and is long gone, then its lower down on our list of priorities and more urgent calls, like assaults will take precedence. Theres other people out there that need help too. So please, give us a break, we do the best we can with what meager resources we have.

Anyway, my main reason for posting is for my first point. I would ask the Mods to create a sticky thread for stolen bikes that only has the relevant info in it, so that myself and any others who look at it can provide a better service for you guys.
Good to hear some of that, & the sticky thing is a good idea.
Chopper can this be done???
Old 15th August 2007, 03:38 PM #106
cybercide

cybercide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Well the answer is unfortunatly two fold. If you call your local station then you cut out the middle man ( ie, the 999 operator ) so in theory you get a faster responce. However if your local station doesnt have any units to spare at the minute, you will be left waiting until they do and no other station knows about it.

If you call 999, then they will get in touch with whatever you local station is and pass it to them ASAP and if your local station doesnt have any units available then it will be passed by the 999 operator to the next closest station. So someone will get to you!

This is speaking from the viewpoint of dublin city, i cant really comment on other areas.

My personal advice is that if the call is urgent, as in, your bike is being stolen as we speak. Then ring your local station first, as this will cut out the delay. Its always handy to have your local stations number on your phone

Well Sheriff, another one gone in Parkwest, there is an unbelivable amount gone so far this summer, so why can you`s set up a sting opperation as the lads are suggesting. Either you`s do or its only a matter of time before someone else does.......... Sting op or Homicide. Which would involve less work for yee..

I know as you said you`s are doing a much as you can, but i wouldnt imagine there is a big group of thieving feckers doing this, so if you catch two or three of them you will probably find out alot more as to where they are going & why they are robbing so many. They have to be getting robbed for order & if so, who`s buying them & were they are. The bikes getting robbed are not all the common type bikes (i.e. Bros/CB4, so they are not being robbed for parts.

I have a feeling you are not high ranking (no offence mate) so you probably dont have alot of say but more work has to be done on this. And hopefully a person in your position can push a little harder for us....
Old 16th August 2007, 11:08 PM #107
Wobbling Fledgling

Wobbling Fledgling

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynn View Post
Well Sheriff, another one gone in Parkwest, there is an unbelivable amount gone so far this summer, so why can you`s set up a sting opperation as the lads are suggesting. Either you`s do or its only a matter of time before someone else does.......... Sting op or Homicide. Which would involve less work for yee..

I know as you said you`s are doing a much as you can, but i wouldnt imagine there is a big group of thieving feckers doing this, so if you catch two or three of them you will probably find out alot more as to where they are going & why they are robbing so many. They have to be getting robbed for order & if so, who`s buying them & were they are. The bikes getting robbed are not all the common type bikes (i.e. Bros/CB4, so they are not being robbed for parts.

I have a feeling you are not high ranking (no offence mate) so you probably dont have alot of say but more work has to be done on this. And hopefully a person in your position can push a little harder for us....
Flynn, these type of sting ops do go on, its just not something you would read about in the newspaper. The problem when you do catch these guys is that questioning or interviewing can only be done when a person is detained, and for this offence they COULD be detained under sec 4 of the criminal justice act, the problem is that down the line you are going to have to convince a judge that you were right to deprive this person of their freedom for however long you detained them, and the excuse, well i think they might be part of an organised gang stealing bikes to order is not going to hold water. You must have reasonable grounds to suspect it. The whole case could be thrown out because you detained them without a good cause and violated their human rights. the cop culd end up in alot of trouble.

Unfortunatly, thats the law we have to work with. No im not high ranking in the slightest and to be honest i wouldnt want to be, i want to stay on the streets until im gray. its what i joined up for, not to sit behind a desk. So no offence taken
Old 17th August 2007, 08:04 PM #108
ISB Contender

ISB Contender

Just announced on the radio that nine stolen motorcycles were recovered in Ballymun today as part of Operation Anvil.

Might be good news for someone here.
mikemac is offline   ReplyReply
Old 17th August 2007, 08:09 PM #109
WSB Contender

WSB Contender

yeah i just heard it

fingers crossed for us all
Old 17th August 2007, 08:15 PM #110
WSB Contender

WSB Contender

think this is related to it

Gardaí seize cannabis worth €250,000

Gardaí in west Dublin seized cannabis resin worth an estimated €250,000 last night.

Two men, aged 25 and 27, are being held in connection with the seizure.

The men were detained during a routine patrol as part of Operation Anvil, the Garda's crackdown on organised criminal gangs, on Kylemore Road, Ballyfermot, at around 7.30pm.

Both are being questioned at Ballyfermot Garda Station, Dublin.
Old 17th August 2007, 08:21 PM #111
WSB Contender

WSB Contender

just onto the cops

they said if bike was recovered i would be phoned immediately
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:12 AM #112
Road Racing Rules

Motorbike: <-- its over there
Modifications: carbon fiber washer
Road Racing Rules

Rides: <-- its over there
Mods: carbon fiber washer
Here Ive just seen these two Im sure of it. They were in black, one with a white lid one with a black lid. I was just down at the shops this morning about a quarter to ten, when these two go by me down towards a apartment complex near the east-link (you know the road)
I do be in the flats along the road where you go through the wall at the east link and I see loads of bikes go by every day but not two up at that time of the morning so they caught my eye.
Anyway these two come back up the road again 3 minutes later towards the church and fly off towards town breaking a red light! I was going to follow them but I was in cage so I would have had no chance.
I got the bike and reg. Its a BLACK CB 500 reg 96 D --153. Yeh they had the part of the reg covered with the tax disc!!
Ive seen a few bogies but these were red hot, KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THESE TWO LADS!!

Im going to repost this in the stolen bikes thread so a guard(sheriff) might see it.

This is in relation to - http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=22667
Dinefred is offline   ReplyReply
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:06 PM #113
Supporter

Motorbike: R1
Modifications: Of course
Supporter

Rides: R1
Mods: Of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboed View Post
bump

Hey admin, can we stick these lads picture on the front page of the site with a big WANTED sign

Get half the bikers in Dublin out looking for them !

We should send these pics into Crime watch too !
delanest is offline   ReplyReply
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:30 PM #114
ISB Contender

ISB Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinefred View Post
Its a BLACK CB 500 reg 96 D --153. Yeh they had the part of the reg covered with the tax disc!!
Supposing first two digits are missing, the first 2 number must range from 10 -99, using cartell and running through those numbers 96D59153 and 96D60153 report as being a red honda 500 report stop after 60 something so regs must end there for the year.
parliament is offline   ReplyReply
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:50 PM #115
MotoGP Legend

Motorbike: FZ6S Fazer
Modifications: Crash Bungs, Belly Pan, Rear Hugger, Scottoiler
MotoGP Legend

Rides: FZ6S Fazer
Mods: Crash Bungs, Belly Pan, Rear Hugger, Scottoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by parliament View Post
Supposing first two digits are missing, the first 2 number must range from 10 -99, using cartell and running through those numbers 96D59153 and 96D60153 report as being a red honda 500 report stop after 60 something so regs must end there for the year.
What a clever chap you are
Bozwell is offline   ReplyReply
Old 23rd August 2007, 02:57 PM #116
Road Racing Rules

Motorbike: <-- its over there
Modifications: carbon fiber washer
Road Racing Rules

Rides: <-- its over there
Mods: carbon fiber washer
Quote:
Originally Posted by parliament View Post
Good man, this could help but where does that leave us, I feel like Im doing the Guards job here.

Just to make sure, this is probably not anything to do with to two pics above of the other scrotes they might be different people. This is from this thread - http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=22667

Last edited by Dinefred; 23rd August 2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: link
Dinefred is offline   ReplyReply
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:20 PM #117
ISB Contender

ISB Contender

I suppose we could apply some vigilante justice but some poor innocent on the cb 500 may get snipered/hung by his bollix or any of the other ways devised to deal with these knob ends.
parliament is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th August 2007, 02:09 AM #118
Clubman

Clubman

They look real intelligent guys Turbo......hic.....kiddin aside trying to keep a bike safe in Dublin must be a nightmare.....what happens all these stolen bikes...broken up for parts or what?

I dont envy you lads...
batman777 is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th August 2007, 02:24 AM #119
Supporter

Motorbike: TLR, FJ, XS650, TZR125
Modifications: Hatchet Holster
Supporter

Rides: TLR, FJ, XS650, TZR125
Mods: Hatchet Holster
Bastards! hope they get 'bad AIDS'.

Fucking absolute fuckers. What would any of us give to get an hour in a sealed shed with those shite-mark cunts.

Hate thieves, especially bike thieves. Do those fucks realise the work we put into our bikes? I hate them with all my being. They should be beaten with their own dismembered arms.
Legion is offline   ReplyReply
Old 25th August 2007, 02:38 AM #120
Clubman

Clubman

I say slice their scrotums...remove their testicles(with an angle grinder) and make them eat them!
batman777 is offline   ReplyReply

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
650, city, cork, fazer, found, fz1, missing, motorcycles, newry, scumbags, stolen, yellow