Old 7th February 2019, 10:26 PM #1
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Motorbike: Honda VFR 1200f
Modifications: DAM exhaust...sweet
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Rides: Honda VFR 1200f
Mods: DAM exhaust...sweet
Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Hi all.

Been off air for awhile as I sold the bike due to work/no time etc. Thought id handle it but fook no. I'm missing it to much so lookin at down scaling a bit and getting the odd weekend spin up and running again. Couldn't justify the big one wasting away in the shed.

Anyone on here have a VFR 800x crossrunner/dresser machine? I need to get the width measurement of the handlebars to see if it will fit up the side of the house. Some site specs are saying 31.5 inches but that might be the mirrors. over 30 inches wide and i'm beat (which limits things). Anyone do the honours and measure tip to tip of bars please?
Darnava is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 01:35 AM #2
NODSTER's Avatar
NODSTER NODSTER is online now
child prodigy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ballycraic
Posts: 11,388
Motorbike: 865 Tractor
Modifications: 8-ball choke knob
NODSTER NODSTER is online now
child prodigy

NODSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ballycraic
Posts: 11,388
Rides: 865 Tractor
Mods: 8-ball choke knob
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

The revised current VFR800F was reviewed with glowing kudos in RIDE (Jan 19) and I see RPM in Drawda have a ride away deal for 12,500 hard earned beer vouchers
NODSTER is online now   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 03:45 AM #3
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Motorbike: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Modifications: Via Est Vita
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Rides: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Mods: Via Est Vita
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

I will measure it for you, later today, after work.
tankas is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 08:15 AM #4
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Motorbike: Honda VFR 1200f
Modifications: DAM exhaust...sweet
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Rides: Honda VFR 1200f
Mods: DAM exhaust...sweet
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NODSTER View Post
The revised current VFR800F was reviewed with glowing kudos in RIDE (Jan 19) and I see RPM in Drawda have a ride away deal for 12,500 hard earned beer vouchers
Yes, there are a few advertising that i see. However, that's well out of my league, and just for the weekend blasts I do I cant justify investing that. Im looking at maybe 2011-13 crossrunner but fitment might be a prob, hence my post.

If that doesnt work I might just go with the VFR 800f with risers, as I know that will go up the side of the house.
Darnava is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 08:33 AM #5
jp biker's Avatar
jp biker jp biker is offline
Veteran Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: the big smoke
Posts: 3,160
Motorbike: bicycle
Modifications: big belly
jp biker jp biker is offline
Veteran Racer

jp biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: the big smoke
Posts: 3,160
Rides: bicycle
Mods: big belly
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnava View Post
Yes, there are a few advertising that i see. However, that's well out of my league, and just for the weekend blasts I do I cant justify investing that. Im looking at maybe 2011-13 crossrunner but fitment might be a prob, hence my post.

If that doesnt work I might just go with the VFR 800f with risers, as I know that will go up the side of the house.
Ccs have a nice vfr in at the min also jp motorcycles have an older 1
jp biker is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 08:44 AM #6
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Motorbike: Honda VFR 1200f
Modifications: DAM exhaust...sweet
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Rides: Honda VFR 1200f
Mods: DAM exhaust...sweet
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankas View Post
I will measure it for you, later today, after work.
Cheers tankas.
While your at it, can you take the height from the ground to the bottom of the bars as well please? Much appreciated

I'd move the house and wall apart if I could but don't think the misses be to impressed.
Darnava is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 08:59 AM #7
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Motorbike: Honda VFR 1200f
Modifications: DAM exhaust...sweet
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Rides: Honda VFR 1200f
Mods: DAM exhaust...sweet
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp biker View Post
Ccs have a nice vfr in at the min also jp motorcycles have an older 1
Ya. There's a few around alright, just holding tough for a week or two ta see my options. There's always a few around in any case, it's just picking the right one.
Darnava is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 09:29 AM #8
ENGLISH's Avatar
ENGLISH ENGLISH is offline
MotoGP Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kill. Co.Kildare
Posts: 816
Motorbike: Constantly changing
Modifications: Always standard
ENGLISH ENGLISH is offline
MotoGP Star

ENGLISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kill. Co.Kildare
Posts: 816
Rides: Constantly changing
Mods: Always standard
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnava View Post
Hi all.

Been off air for awhile as I sold the bike due to work/no time etc. Thought id handle it but fook no. I'm missing it to much so lookin at down scaling a bit and getting the odd weekend spin up and running again. Couldn't justify the big one wasting away in the shed.

Anyone on here have a VFR 800x crossrunner/dresser machine? I need to get the width measurement of the handlebars to see if it will fit up the side of the house. Some site specs are saying 31.5 inches but that might be the mirrors. over 30 inches wide and i'm beat (which limits things). Anyone do the honours and measure tip to tip of bars please?
Divide the overwidth by two and cut same off each end of the bars. May have to play around with different bar ends .
ENGLISH is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 03:52 PM #9
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Motorbike: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Modifications: Via Est Vita
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Rides: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Mods: Via Est Vita
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnava View Post
Cheers tankas.
While your at it, can you take the height from the ground to the bottom of the bars as well please? Much appreciated

I'd move the house and wall apart if I could but don't think the misses be to impressed.
Hey, it's 27.5 inches without handle bar end weights, mine got hand guards, which are well wider than average weights...
41.5 inches to the ground while the bike on the centre stand, but this shouldn't influence much as the front wheel still on the ground.
P.S. I'm selling mine as I've got Tracer waiting till the Honda finds new home, it's advertised here as well.

Last edited by tankas; 8th February 2019 at 03:54 PM.
tankas is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 04:14 PM #10
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Motorbike: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Modifications: Via Est Vita
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Rides: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Mods: Via Est Vita
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnava View Post
Hi all.
Some site specs are saying 31.5 inches but that might be the mirrors...
Mirrors on mine a bit over 36", but it has mirror risers and extenders.
tankas is offline   ReplyReply
Old 8th February 2019, 04:17 PM #11
Taraxius Taraxius is offline
Buswald Inmate
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Motorbike: AJS JS125, Suzuki GS500
Taraxius Taraxius is offline
Buswald Inmate
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Rides: AJS JS125, Suzuki GS500
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankas View Post
P.S. I'm selling mine as I've got Tracer waiting till the Honda finds new home, it's advertised here as well.
Better hope hes a paying member that donates or else you cant get a sale... Be a shame if you miss out on your own sale after paying for the buy and sell page
Taraxius is offline   ReplyReply
Old 9th February 2019, 12:01 PM #12
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Motorbike: Honda VFR 1200f
Modifications: DAM exhaust...sweet
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Rides: Honda VFR 1200f
Mods: DAM exhaust...sweet
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankas View Post
Hey, it's 27.5 inches without handle bar end weights, mine got hand guards, which are well wider than average weights...
41.5 inches to the ground while the bike on the centre stand, but this shouldn't influence much as the front wheel still on the ground.
P.S. I'm selling mine as I've got Tracer waiting till the Honda finds new home, it's advertised here as well.
Thanks for doing the honours tankas. assuming its a pre 2015 model. 27.5 would work alright i think. It just dawned on me there s well that the mirrors on those crossrunners are fixed, are they? As in, they don't fold in when required.

With that, I cant get into to the 'for sale' to section. restricted for some reason..
Darnava is offline   ReplyReply
Old 9th February 2019, 03:02 PM #13
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Motorbike: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Modifications: Via Est Vita
tankas tankas is offline
MotoGP Star

 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 922
Rides: Tracer9-VFR800X-Caponord
Mods: Via Est Vita
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Yeap, end of 2013. It's also on done deal in Co. Meath. And yes it has a fixed mirrors, but by removing extenders would drop a few inches, it's posible to fold to a degree so shouldn't be an issue for you. P.s. I will make a deal for forum members.

Last edited by tankas; 9th February 2019 at 03:15 PM.
tankas is offline   ReplyReply
Old 9th February 2019, 05:21 PM #14
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Motorbike: Honda VFR 1200f
Modifications: DAM exhaust...sweet
Darnava Darnava is offline
Clubman

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cork City
Posts: 220
Rides: Honda VFR 1200f
Mods: DAM exhaust...sweet
Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankas View Post
Yeap, end of 2013. It's also on done deal in Co. Meath. And yes it has a fixed mirrors, but by removing extenders would drop a few inches, it's posible to fold to a degree so shouldn't be an issue for you. P.s. I will make a deal for forum members.
Sound. That would probably have to be a savage deal for me though.
Darnava is offline   ReplyReply
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
bike, buying, sold, stay, vfr

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale : Sherco Trials Bike Adult & Kids Feet Up Buying and Selling 2 18th May 2018 01:20 AM
Buying a UK demo bike SandR Buying and Selling 25 2nd February 2018 10:13 AM
How much is this bike worth ? Snurger General Bike Chat 17 18th January 2018 02:52 PM
For Sale : ER650 Supertwin tocr Buying and Selling 10 6th January 2018 11:56 AM
Some Advice About An Ebay Bike ... newquestions First time bikers 7 11th October 2005 09:40 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:11 AM.

 

Irish Biker's Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection above. .