Old 28th January 2019, 03:25 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 4874 from finglas
2,447 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: CBR 929, CB750, 125 Rebel
Modifications: the best B&Q have to offe
Default Re: Tt 2019 or 2020?

Originally Posted by Bon Scott
So you get two race days Saturday & Monday & then home Tues, that sounds good.
must be just me but I can never understand how lads can go to TT and not be there for the senior, I would be gutted if I had to leave midweek..oh I've been called anorak and told countless times it's "the experience" and " you can hear it on the radio sure you'll have the radio going at the roadside anyhow" but I tell ya, 2018 senior was indeed some experience. those last 2 laps were sublime, lads were cheered around the track and it wasn't even the fella winning it was getting cheered, it was just too close to call between the handful if them, and were they going hard? fkn hell. Dean Harrison said its just superbike 2, but I'm not so sure.
Old 29th January 2019, 03:12 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 34149 from Carla lad
18 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: R1, 916,1098

Originally Posted by sidegrinder
must be just me but I can never understand how lads can go to TT and not be there for the senior, I would be gutted if I had to leave midweek..oh I've been called anorak and told countless times it's "the experience" and " you can hear it on the radio sure you'll have the radio going at the roadside anyhow" but I tell ya, 2018 senior was indeed some experience. those last 2 laps were sublime, lads were cheered around the track and it wasn't even the fella winning it was getting cheered, it was just too close to call between the handful if them, and were they going hard? fkn hell. Dean Harrison said its just superbike 2, but I'm not so sure.
I was at the bottom of bray hill in 2015 when the seinor was re started after the red flag and remember getting a chill when Mc Guinness simply said "im up for this" Before setting off.
He was visibly quicker than everyone else at the bottom of the hill and got cheered around to the chequred flag.
The atmosphere on senior day is simply electric.

I book the ferry as soon as its released if I intend going.Thats usually the week or so before practice week.
Sailing from Dublin on Tuesday and back to Belfast sat night has been my preferred route but the Belfast ferry sells up quick.
Homestay is brilliant value vs camping and you can forget about hotels unless you have won the euro millions.
Old 31st January 2019, 02:50 PM
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 10631 from Tallaght
1,216 posts since Jun 2008
Motorbike: VFR 800 / CB1000 RA

Originally Posted by hrcbob
I was at the bottom of bray hill in 2015 when the seinor was re started after the red flag and remember getting a chill when Mc Guinness simply said "im up for this" Before setting off.
He was visibly quicker than everyone else at the bottom of the hill and got cheered around to the chequred flag.
The atmosphere on senior day is simply electric.

I book the ferry as soon as its released if I intend going.Thats usually the week or so before practice week.
Sailing from Dublin on Tuesday and back to Belfast sat night has been my preferred route but the Belfast ferry sells up quick.
Homestay is brilliant value vs camping and you can forget about hotels unless you have won the euro millions.
Good info, thanks.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
2019, 2020

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed