Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 5th December 2018, 09:45 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 35348
145 posts since Sep 2015
Motorbike: SuperDuke 990
Default Re: Stolen Bike Thread

another one stolen in wicklow, also shared to book face

STOLEN! NEWTOWN MOUNT KENNEDY CO WICKLOW LAST NIGHT!!! Lads a mate of my Andy Allen woke up this morning to find his pride and joy, MT09 181 ww 1182, had been lifted from his drive way in the early hours of this morning or late last night! He had it locked and blocked right in against the house with a car but the scumbags still got it. Can you please share this around your personal pages and bike groups etc to spread the word!? Horrible thing to happen to anyone! Let's try track it down if we can please?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 6th December 2018, 10:22 AM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 26650 from Meath
428 posts since Jun 2011
Motorbike: Honda cbr 400

Originally Posted by Conor200 View Post
another one stolen in wicklow, also shared to book face

STOLEN! NEWTOWN MOUNT KENNEDY CO WICKLOW LAST NIGHT!!! Lads a mate of my Andy Allen woke up this morning to find his pride and joy, MT09 181 ww 1182, had been lifted from his drive way in the early hours of this morning or late last night! He had it locked and blocked right in against the house with a car but the scumbags still got it. Can you please share this around your personal pages and bike groups etc to spread the word!? Horrible thing to happen to anyone! Let's try track it down if we can please?

saw it up on book face, how did they get it by cage, did they break into that to, use my cage in similar way
Old 9th December 2018, 01:56 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 4361
255 posts since Jan 2007
Motorbike: Daytona 675, Griso 1200v

Make & Model: DRZ 400s
Colour: Blue
Reg: 04-tn-3417
Location Stolen From: Ballintemple, Cork
Approx. Time Bike was Stolen: Between 23:00 and 08:00 on the night of saturday/sunday.

DRZ 400s taken last night from a garage in Ballintemple in Cork.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo but it's pretty stock and looks almost exactly like this (well, maybe dirtier).
The only difference is that the headlight cowl all all white and there's a rack over the rear fender.

It also has pro taper bars like these which might stand out a little if you're up close.

Last edited by Sputnik; 9th December 2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 9th December 2018, 05:10 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 37068 from Dublin
266 posts since Mar 2017
Motorbike: YaMama R6
Modifications: Exhaust, Tail tidy...

Originally Posted by Hogspace View Post
FWIW I put a Xena XN15 on the front disc, they take ~10 minutes with an angle grinder, with a 16mm Oxford disc lock on the spokes of the back wheel which blocks it turning past the brake caliper and it would be right awkward to get 1m croppers in about it.
That and the GPS tracker.
I wouldn't even list those things online. Everyone has the Internet these days
Old 16th January 2019, 02:47 PM
Come on, lick my battery

Biker.ie Member No. 2361 from Cobh
3,828 posts since Oct 2005
Motorbike: Vmax, XS750, MT
Modifications: Lots

181 Keeway spotted near the kinsale roundabout in Cork

20190116_140016~01.jpg
Old 16th January 2019, 03:55 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 5106 from Dubzland
2,404 posts since Apr 2007
Motorbike: BANDIT 600 x2
Modifications: Air hornes-move cager

lock still on it .
Old 16th January 2019, 04:35 PM
Come on, lick my battery

Biker.ie Member No. 2361 from Cobh
3,828 posts since Oct 2005
Motorbike: Vmax, XS750, MT
Modifications: Lots

Originally Posted by nednedned View Post
lock still on it .
Yup, either broken down and hidden or taken on a skate board from up the hill somewhere and stashed until they get a cutter
Old 16th January 2019, 05:43 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 38635
79 posts since Oct 2018
Motorbike: Triumph Tiger 800
Modifications: Leovince,arrow map

Originally Posted by johnpclynch View Post
Yup, either broken down and hidden or taken on a skate board from up the hill somewhere and stashed until they get a cutter
It's a keeway... it's probably broken down
Old 29th January 2019, 04:26 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 38518
26 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S
Modifications: Nope

Just curious about the amount of bikes that are robbed (esp on the bookface page) would the majority of these be locked well? i.e when I'm home for the night the bike gets parked up out front by the window.
Have 3 locks on it, one disc, one ground anchored chain from concrete path to back wheel and front wheel to iron gate with chain and padlock. Takes about 2/3 mins to lock it all up and then a cover goes over it.
I know out of sight is the best security, the cover could be hiding a ducati or a 50cc scooter (Who's to know) but it makes me think, is this enough? Could the bikes that have been stolen gone to the same lengths as to secure them?
When bikes are posted as stolen you never hear about how/if they were locked up.
Just had me thinking about my own level of security (is it ever really enough).
Any thoughts?
Old 29th January 2019, 04:46 PM
Supporter

You can only do so much to slow them down. Chancers may pass on it. But lads tooled up.
Everything is a target. Are you alarmed. You could point a pir at it.That alerts you. Get another disc lock. One on each wheel.
Old 29th January 2019, 04:58 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 38518
26 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S

You can only do so much to slow them down. Chancers may pass on it. But lads tooled up.
Everything is a target. Are you alarmed. You could point a pir at it.That alerts you. Get another disc lock. One on each wheel.
No Alarm, are the disc alarms any use? Have CCTV on the front of the house with 2 cams, one out the drive and the other overhead on the bike, the overhead pings a email to the phone as a notification. Cats like the heat of the bike under the cover so goes off the odd time as I prepare my swing with the Hurley :)
Old 29th January 2019, 06:14 PM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 24081 from Near Wild Heaven
8,034 posts since Sep 2010
Motorbike: Chainsaw/bike hybrid
Modifications: White Wall tyre

Originally Posted by Otischop View Post
Just curious about the amount of bikes that are robbed (esp on the bookface page) would the majority of these be locked well? i.e when I'm home for the night the bike gets parked up out front by the window.
Have 3 locks on it, one disc, one ground anchored chain from concrete path to back wheel and front wheel to iron gate with chain and padlock. Takes about 2/3 mins to lock it all up and then a cover goes over it.
I know out of sight is the best security, the cover could be hiding a ducati or a 50cc scooter (Who's to know) but it makes me think, is this enough? Could the bikes that have been stolen gone to the same lengths as to secure them?
When bikes are posted as stolen you never hear about how/if they were locked up.
Just had me thinking about my own level of security (is it ever really enough).
Any thoughts?
The guys stealing bikes are well organised gangs or opportunits scum.
The first shower will take your bike no matter what.They seem to go for high end sports bikes or adv types.If your bike isn't on the list you should be ok.
The gloves are off with the second lot.Only real option is to make it as difficult as possible so they go for something easier.
Old 29th January 2019, 08:00 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 38635
79 posts since Oct 2018
Motorbike: Triumph Tiger 800
Modifications: Leovince,arrow map

Alarms would definitely be useful for when parked outside your house, mightn't wake you up but if you are watching tv etc it will alert you. You see some cctv videos of bike thefts in London and they using angle grinders in broad daylight and no one stopping them, so they will get something if they want it that's unfortunately the way it is. For outside your house your best bet would be yacht/ship anchor chain which would be too big for any bolt cutter into a ground anchor that can't be lopped off or taken out easily. They will have to get out the angle grinder/consaw which will surely wake you or alert a neighbour. Disc locks only stop a fella pushing a bike away, and two or three fellas would lift it away easily enough, have two lads on cctv carrying a 100kg outboard motor like it's nothing, they removed a fence panel in our yard, came in worked away for two hours and took it away an outboard is a lot more awkward than a bike. The pros will get it if they want, it's their livelihood afterall.
Old 30th January 2019, 11:38 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 15069 from Here n there
3,303 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: 98 fireblade

From a follower:Just a heads up if anyone lives around the coolock/ artane area there’s 3 lads going around in a silver car robbing bikes.
They nearly had my new bike tonight they had the 5 locks off in 2 minutes but my dog is beside the window where the bike is parked and woke us up and I have 2 steel baseball bats at the door so we where able to stop them getting away with it. They couldn’t get it past me car so smashed the windows and also broke me hall door trying to stop us getting out.

Just make sure your bikes are locked up tight cause these have no fear, there out of there head and I got a smack of a hammer across the face and was close to being cut with the angle grinder😱

Taken from book face.... just an idea of how much security ya might need.....
Old 31st January 2019, 11:30 AM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 7270 from Northside Dublin
81 posts since Nov 2007
Motorbike: Suzuki Bandit GSF1250A K8

Jesus that sounds nasty--hope youre alright.They don't give a f...k
Old 31st January 2019, 11:40 AM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,184 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide

Originally Posted by Mr Snapped Banjo String View Post
From a follower:Just a heads up if anyone lives around the coolock/ artane area there’s 3 lads going around in a silver car robbing bikes.
They nearly had my new bike tonight they had the 5 locks off in 2 minutes but my dog is beside the window where the bike is parked and woke us up and I have 2 steel baseball bats at the door so we where able to stop them getting away with it. They couldn’t get it past me car so smashed the windows and also broke me hall door trying to stop us getting out.

Just make sure your bikes are locked up tight cause these have no fear, there out of there head and I got a smack of a hammer across the face and was close to being cut with the angle grinder

Taken from book face.... just an idea of how many walter mitty's are looking for likes on that thing
Old 31st January 2019, 11:45 AM
Supporter

hope your ok after. It nearly make you give up biking. Cnuts know its there still.
Old 31st January 2019, 01:40 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 15069 from Here n there
3,303 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: 98 fireblade

hope your ok after. It nearly make you give up biking. Cnuts know its there still.

Just to be clear... it wasn't me it happened to. That was a paragraph take from book face about someone it did happen to.... I dont know the person it happened to....
Old 1st February 2019, 04:03 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 4874 from finglas
2,447 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: CBR 929, CB750, 125 Rebel
Modifications: the best B&Q have to offe

red cbr 600 getting a pasting in finglas now, and also it looks like a fazer or triple if anyone's lost something..
Old 11th February 2019, 09:24 AM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 20389
137 posts since Feb 2010
Motorbike: Z750
Modifications: Belly Pan, Scotts Oiler, heated Grips shhhhh!

Folks, My KTM Duke 250 (162) stolen from Hanover Quay during the week - last seen on it way to Irishtown/Ringsend. If anyone see's it around, please let me know. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ktm-duke.jpg (114.6 KB)

Last edited by epk; 11th February 2019 at 09:32 AM.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
650, city, cork, found, motorcycles, newry, scumbags, stolen