Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 27th November 2017, 02:54 PM
Seanie Philip Hugo Baron van Zuylen van Nijevelt's Avatar
Seanie Philip Hugo Baron van Zuylen van Nijevelt Seanie Philip Hugo Baron van Zuylen van Nijevelt is online now
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 15891
1,395 posts since May 2009
Motorbike: yzf R1 fireblade and GSXR
Default Re: Kawasaki H2 SX Supercharged Sports Tourer

Originally Posted by johnny b
So prices in the uk are at £15,099.

Thet equates to near 17,000e.

But thanks to our Legend, ps. I love you Xish government VRT add 30%!
Now that will cost you 22,100e.

If there are Legend, ps. I love you Xs looking for a vote tackle them on VRT!
Christ this country is full of pricks looking for a slice of the pie!

No wonder fuck all people buy new here... I think I might migrate elsewhere.... any countries left with decent biking roads, no cops and still some craic?
Vrt on a new bike 2euro a c.c Up to 350 and 1euro a c.c after that so vrt on a new 1000cc bike 1350 vat might be 30% but take the vat of a UK bike 20% and that 12600 +vat 12600 stg is 14100euro +vat+vrt about 18600 So I be thinking 19500 or more lightly 19999 for a new one hear
Old 31st January 2018, 11:40 AM
Automatic 4 the ppl
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 4265 from Moving to Taormina again
17,949 posts since Dec 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Xmax Tmax Bigmac!
Modifications: auto - fast as fcuk !

Currently, these bikes are being tested over the next two days in Portugal, by various "journos" and the loike.....

looking forward to the reviews, its an interesting bike, if a little pricey.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:47 PM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
33,665 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide

If it's got over 200bhp, that's a good starting point and you can iron out other problems and shortcomings afterwards.

I think there's one coming to the bike show this weekend, and Kawasaki have a blinged out H2R with all the goodies, in virgin 'whoor to keep kleen' white, according to my sources
Old 31st January 2018, 12:50 PM
Automatic 4 the ppl

i plan to try and get up......

i think this bike offer a breath of fresh air as such....

suzuki and honda are following suit ( supercharged ) with smaller capacity, but wont see until later this year or next year sometime.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:53 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 3844 from Dublin South
2,090 posts since Oct 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Z1000SX
Modifications: Your Ma!

Looks amazing, hopefully it is and ill be able to trade up in 10 years when I can afford one
Old 13th February 2018, 01:07 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 5067 from Kildare-ish.
4,567 posts since Apr 2007
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...2-sx-se-review

Visor down review and video....

I am a bit disapointed to be honest...they likened it to the zzr1400 rather than a warp speed z1000sx???

Now usually I am not one to judge but the journo is making a big deal that he ran on after a wobble as he came to the end of a straight....
He admits leaving it late to brake and the back stepped out but seems to make a big deal into his rider error as if its Kawasakis fault for not having ANTI STEP OUT CONTROL!
The thing has cornering abs, traction control and power modes but doesnt have idiot proof technology yet.
He had scrubbed enough speed to turn it in but blames the bike and not his own internal computer!

Ill let yas make yer own mind up its on the vid....
Old 13th February 2018, 01:31 PM
Automatic 4 the ppl

read the review last week Johnny B, agree with him running wide, any bike will do / behave the same.But i think using bridgetsone BT21's on this bike are a bit if a mistake - who signed off on that . They must be 5 yr old at this stage. I would have thought T30's or similar would have been better.

re the supercharger, i dont think its all about sheer velocity, i think its the way the engine will produce power, swiftly /smoothly, more like the next evolution for a petrol engine. Few manufacturers supposed to be bringing out superchargers on mid sized bikes next year.

at 265 kgs its heavy, like honda heavy, but i suppose pipework for a supercharger will add a fair bit. ( the fancy version is 9/10 kgs lighter ! ) Visordown said bike handled much better without luggage, ( obviosuly ), but it seems to be the suspension may have been set up badly, as he complains a little about it. But other reviews say you notice the bikes weight / steering when slow moving. But again, dont all big bikes. Also worth noting, this bike cannot be fitted with a top box, if you have two side panniers fitted, i think i read somewhere.

Two things that i think are lost on this bike are launch control & quick shifter. So to me, pointless gizmos on this bike. Bigtime. Screen isnt adjustable, so this is what they should have done, it is a touring bike after all.

Aside from all of that, i think its a good bike, its a bold move by kawasaki again, its a mile muncher more than a back road scratcher. Supercharged and available to the masses. if you spend money on upgrading suspension, proper tyres, new exhaust, its probably worth a punt if you can afford it. Having not rode current 1000sx, i can see where ppl may struggle on a decision, particularly price point but nonetheless, this H2 SX may be worth buying . But this is a more tame version of the original bonkers H2, in my opinion, even if kawasaki deny it.

cool bike.

Last edited by Duke RR; 13th February 2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 13th February 2018, 01:34 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 2138
5,218 posts since Aug 2005
Motorbike: Ducati 1199, KTM 1290SDR
Modifications: Skinny jeans

Originally Posted by johnny b
http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...2-sx-se-review

Visor down review and video....

I am a bit disapointed to be honest...they likened it to the zzr1400 rather than a warp speed z1000sx???

Now usually I am not one to judge but the journo is making a big deal that he ran on after a wobble as he came to the end of a straight....
He admits leaving it late to brake and the back stepped out but seems to make a big deal into his rider error as if its Kawasakis fault for not having ANTI STEP OUT CONTROL!

The thing has cornering abs, traction control and power modes but doesnt have idiot proof technology yet.
He had scrubbed enough speed to turn it in but blames the bike and not his own internal computer!

Ill let yas make yer own mind up its on the vid....
Welcome to the new world of mongs. It's the bikes fault that I can't be arsed to learn how to do stuff properly. I find it hilarious reading some of the crap posted in some forums/on Youtbe etc - apparently you can't even ride a new bike unless it has ABS/Traction control/hill start assist/launch control/anti wheelie/keyless ingnition/slide control/lift control/idiot control/wanker control etc
Old 13th February 2018, 03:18 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 14733 from Kildare
1,668 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: Gen2 Busa

The current Zzr1400 can't be fitted with a top box when the side panniers are on, however with modification it can be made fit, two friends have had to do such modifications but shame you can't get all 3 boxes as a sports tourer.
Old 13th February 2018, 04:31 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 5067 from Kildare-ish.
4,567 posts since Apr 2007
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.

Originally Posted by Duke RR
But i think using bridgetsone BT21's on this bike are a bit if a mistake - who signed off on that . [B]An accountant I presume[B]

at 265 kgs its heavy, like honda heavy,

I have to disagree here, Ive a Blackbird that is 223kg and 20years old the kwak is 42kg heavier
!

Two things that i think are lost on this bike are launch control & quick shifter. So to me, pointless gizmos on this bike. Bigtime. Screen isnt adjustable, so this is what they should have done, it is a touring bike after all.

Launch control I completley agree but up and down quickshifter is a god send on a long journey to avoid clutch hand fatigue... tried the s1000r with it and loved it.

Aside from all of that, i think its a good bike, its a bold move by kawasaki again, its a mile muncher more than a back road scratcher.
Personally I think Kawasaki have showed balls with this bike but I look forward to other manufacturers responses.

A yamaha tracer with a supercharger could be the dogs danglies!

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
kawasaki, sports, supercharged, tourer