Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 4th February 2018, 12:00 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 35571 from Dublin
811 posts since Dec 2015
Motorbike: Bimota YB9 SRI
Modifications: Wear and Tear!
Default Re: Cage drive and filtering

Originally Posted by generalisimo muldoon
Where do you suggest he gives out about it?
It's a genuine moan and this is a bike discussion group.

I hear enough moaning from my kids and there is a difference between that and discussion.

And to the OP, I am with you if you want to rant, far preferable to mild disapproval.

It's us or them, don't let the bastards grind you down
Old 4th February 2018, 02:10 AM
I like Bikes I do

Biker.ie Member No. 21686 from Sydney
2,885 posts since Apr 2010
Motorbike: Yamasaki Ninjablade
Modifications: Air con and a sunroof....

Originally Posted by Pattefolle
A mate of mine in Sydney, Oz says the cagers on the harbour bridge open their doors to stop bikers filtering in standstill traffic. Seems like cagers here are going that way
Havenít seen that happen once in nearly four years here, if anything cagers seem to move aside if they see a bike in the mirror. Unlike Eire thereís billboards everywhere down here telling cagers to look for bikes in blind spots and be aware of bikes filtering.
Old 4th February 2018, 03:47 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 32047 from Bray
537 posts since Aug 2013
Motorbike: BusaK8 Versys650 Blade 08
Modifications: sack n' crack wax.

Haven't noticed a difference in the past couple of years and I commute Bray to Dublin five days a week year round. They're still dozy gits and nothing has changed about that.
Old 4th February 2018, 11:37 AM
Cybercide

Biker.ie Member No. 15208 from Leamlarastan
2,522 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: Ducati Monster S4 1966 Tr
Modifications: oil occasionally

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider
I hear enough moaning from my kids and there is a difference between that and discussion.

And to the OP, I am with you if you want to rant, far preferable to mild disapproval.

It's us or them, don't let the bastards grind you down
Your kids are moaning about cagers too??. You should have said. Sure no wonder you're fed up of hearing about it.
Old 4th February 2018, 04:38 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 2026 from your mama's womb.. !
7,444 posts since Jul 2005
Motorbike: Zimmerframe.
Modifications: Ur kiddin' right.!

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider
So you are upset cos they don't like the fact that you are going to get to your destination in half the time, and when you get there you will be met by a stunning biker chick who will do unspeakable things to you, until you go home again in half the time.... It's a jungle out there my friend, get steel toecaps on your boots and use them so.....

Oh yeah, and get over yourself.
..is it possible cagers are trying to make space for cyclists inside on the left leaving less of a gap on the right for you to filter...?
Old 5th February 2018, 12:11 AM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 31434 from Dublin
325 posts since May 2013
Motorbike: KTM 990 SMR & KTM 690

We're all shite drivers
Old 5th February 2018, 10:40 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,393 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS

Down in Cork cage drivers are, for the most parts, decent and would make a little bit more room. The ones that don't is because they're just not paying any attention and serving all over the shop...

But can't remember any examples of someone actively blocking my way...

Something to bear in mind is that, while it's nice to have a little bit more room, they don't have to do it if they don't feel like it. So don't be that biker that plows his way, revs engine and risk it just to prove a non-existent point.

Decency works both ways.
Old 5th February 2018, 01:03 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 37068 from Dublin
196 posts since Mar 2017
Motorbike: YaMama R6
Modifications: Exhaust, Tail tidy...

I'm on the N11 twice a day and don't really notice this much. The R6 fits everywhere pretty handy when you fold the mirrors in though
Old 5th February 2018, 01:28 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 37725
90 posts since Oct 2017
Motorbike: Zontes s250
Modifications: none

I'm new to riding but some weeks are worse than others. Last week I had three people try to take off or edge forward while I'm in front of themnut bot centred.
Old 6th February 2018, 01:49 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 37188 from Dublin
49 posts since Apr 2017
Motorbike: R1200GS
Modifications: Akrapovic, r/h clutch

Funny, I do the N11 every day, in and out, and haven't had this happen at all, but I'd definitely agree that the bookfacers are on the increase, the lack of attention being paid is scary...and when a bike exhaust passes their window at ear level....!
Old 6th February 2018, 09:18 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 10000 from Drogheda
2,113 posts since May 2008
Motorbike: F800GT

I have been commuting over 10 years at this stage and have seen it all - but only yesterday evening on M50 I saw someone (a small white van yoke) trying to block a bike filtering. The bike was a chopper of sorts, so he did need extra clearance to get thru, but this retard was toying with the biker giving him space and then moving in etc. Eventually he stopped, may be he saw me and another bike behind me lining up behind the chopper.

I have had one or two brake test on me on the M1, probably annoyed with me riding too close (waiting for them to pull over), and yes, I agree that there's been an increase in that general intolerance on the roads lately, especially this winter season. Although, even with all that, vast majority of cagers either don't care about bikes filtering, or a good percentage actively moves over to make more room for bikes to filter by. There's plenty of good people out there too.
Old 11th February 2018, 01:10 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 27122 from Shankill, Dublin
123 posts since Jul 2011
Motorbike: Super Blackbird XX
Modifications: two wheels

Originally Posted by positron
I have been commuting over 10 years at this stage and have seen it all - but only yesterday evening on M50 I saw someone (a small white van yoke) trying to block a bike filtering. The bike was a chopper of sorts, so he did need extra clearance to get thru, but this retard was toying with the biker giving him space and then moving in etc. Eventually he stopped, may be he saw me and another bike behind me lining up behind the chopper.

I have had one or two brake test on me on the M1, probably annoyed with me riding too close (waiting for them to pull over), and yes, I agree that there's been an increase in that general intolerance on the roads lately, especially this winter season. Although, even with all that, vast majority of cagers either don't care about bikes filtering, or a good percentage actively moves over to make more room for bikes to filter by. There's plenty of good people out there too.
I always try and acknowledge the cagers who have made an effort to move over. I sometimes acknowledge the other fuckwits with a kick as I go passed!

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
cage, drive, filtering

Support Biker.ie

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed