Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 5th July 2017, 08:20 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 35390 from Clare
333 posts since Oct 2015
Default Re: Irish Independent "unbiased" reporting at its best

Originally Posted by Legion
Exactly this. I don't know any bikers who'd head out on the bike after booze.
Years ago it happened all the time, these days I'm not so sure as most know the roads have become a minefield for us, it's just too fuckin dangerous with all the cunts on phones everywhere, nearly got taken out twice this week already, and guess what both of them were women on the phone, not being a sexist prick here but it's mostly women at it
Would prob be safer if the women had a few glasses of wine and kept the phones in their handbags before they went out in the car
Old 5th July 2017, 08:46 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 5067 from Kildare-ish.
4,764 posts since Apr 2007
Motorbike: RR4 Blade
Modifications: Arrow can, pc3.
Default Re: Irish Independent "unbiased" reporting at its best

Originally Posted by Blueb6
Years ago it happened all the time, these days I'm not so sure as most know the roads have become a minefield for us, it's just too fuckin dangerous with all the cunts on phones everywhere, nearly got taken out twice this week already, and guess what both of them were women on the phone, not being a sexist prick here but it's mostly women at it
Would prob be safer if the women had a few glasses of wine and kept the phones in their handbags before they went out in the car
Its stupid urban myths that they can multi task which means they can disregard the law.
In my experience phones are a huge issues with over 30s male and females talking on them then under 30s texting and fb and all that shit.

When im in charge of this dictatorship ill ban phones, car radios, internal make up mirrors, make dimmed cage lights on night and day, ensure audis & bmws have indicators standard not as an optional extra, taxi drivers will face the death penalty for U turns, all farmers will be hung drawn and quartered and finally speed limits will only apply to those who dont vote for me....
Old 5th July 2017, 08:50 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 35390 from Clare
333 posts since Oct 2015
Default Re: RSA motorcycle survey

If you get audi and bmw to fit indictators to their cars you got my vote !
Old 6th July 2017, 03:04 PM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,138 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by Blueb6
If you get audi and bmw to fit indictators to their cars you got my vote !
What's that you say?
Old 6th July 2017, 06:37 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 24315
1,370 posts since Oct 2010
Motorbike: Honda NT700 Deauville
Modifications: Some 90s disco lights

Originally Posted by Dirtyshirt
The survey is quite blunt in suggesting that motorcyclists drive after alcohol most of the time, without helmets most of the time, and in an anti social manner, most of the time.
It is important as many of us as possible complete it to oppose strongly their assertion.

Otherwise it'll be the stick they beat us with.
As expected, it's the stick they chose to beat us with.
Assholes.
http://www.independent.ie/life/motor...-35894932.html

I bet someone thought they were being funny answering that they often ride drunk, always exceed the speed limit and never wear a helmet.
Old 6th July 2017, 06:56 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 35359
185 posts since Sep 2015
Motorbike: pointy SV650s
Modifications: heated exhaust, sunroof

did they do any sort of checking to make sure only bikers with licenses who owned and rode a bike were the ones answering the questionnaire?

Next cage survey that comes out you all know what to do
Old 6th July 2017, 07:07 PM

Biker.ie Member No. 1841 from Fuck knows
53,941 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: jap brit and euro

Originally Posted by Admin
That survey, under the guise of road safety, is designed to gauge public reaction to a compulsory NCT / NBT which forces people into buying newer bikes and putting older more affordable motorbikes off the road, just like the national car test did.

Attachment 179070Attachment 179068Attachment 179069

Statistics will be gathered and skewed to represent '90% of bikers do not oppose a national bike test in our survey', and the smoke screen of hydrocarbon emission limits will become a brief central topic of discussion for motorcycles in the dail, who inevitably rubber stamp all proposals from Europe if there's even an inkling of more revenue (from bikers) to pay for it.

We 'need to do our bit' will be the mantra from RSA/Enda and his cohorts to facilitate some fake news story that was invented years ago to garner support and funding for a bunch of tree hugging friends of the earth who wanted to play with dolphins and couldn't handle the prospect of getting a real job.

The Euro4 debacle already sees huge monstrosity sized exhausts, lobbed onto one side of a motorcycle increasing its weight and in my opinion, decreasing safety in order to conform with both noise control restrictions as well as exhaust emissions to 'save our planet'.

Only problem with their argument is the smelting of platinum (used in catalytic converters) releases toxic fumes and metals into the air, which dissolve in water and gets absorbed by plants and animals, and ultimately ingested by humans down the food chain, probably causing cancer among other as yet unresearched ailments since the 70's when all this green house gas bullshit became an issue, and where poisonous emissions from this refining process (such as osmium) have since been measured as increasing 100-fold in one blanket of toxic dust that's covered the earth within the past few decades.

This is the spectre our well-meaning friends refuse to face, instead choosing to fuck around with penguins and roll about in the snow of the polar ice caps taking selfies, the consequence of such extraction to ironically, both metallurgically and otherwise, facilitate 'a greener earth' probably won't be revealed for another 50 or 100 years.

So " bypass that shit and fit proper exhausts " ?

All fine and dandy but ends up costing the biker even more money, discounting an 800euro aftermarket free-flowing pipe with no catacombs or honeycombs of precious metals extracted from the earth at huge cost, both environmental and financial, there will be big deterrents down the road for 'interfering' with your own bike and OEM emissions equipment, for instance the mandatory fine down Australasia for removing a catalytic converter is now 10,000 !

Apart from VW being roasted to the tune of billions for circumventing this hydrocarbon emissions bolloxology with an alternative electronic 'map' for more range and better performance, Harley Davidson have just been fined $12,000,000 for selling screaming eagle aftermarket bolt-ons accessories to do likewise and which were clearly marked ' for race use only ' ; so it's a slippery slope for bikers, rant over - RSA/Government/Surveys/Monkeys & Statistic Gatherers are all a pack of cunts - the end.
its a sad fact that the average biker on here hasnt the brains to realise this all and theres twats out there filing out surveys saying they are speeding , way to get us targeted you fucking idiots ! 50 fucking % said they speed , so 50% of twats that filled out this survey are too fucking dumb to see their answers were going to fuck bikers . fucking idiots !
Old 6th July 2017, 08:29 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 23635 from Galway
2,754 posts since Aug 2010
Motorbike: MT10, SV650 Track, DRZ400

Originally Posted by chopper
50 fucking % said they speed!
Couldn't believe that when I first saw it...
Why the fuck???
Some of us are brainless gits but I don't think 50% of us are that stupid...
Wonder how many of the respondents are regular, active bikers?
Old 6th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,138 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by Bruce
Some of us are brainless gits but I don't think 50% of us are that stupid...
You give people too much credit.
The fact that anyone even contemplated filling it in is beyond me.
Old 7th July 2017, 08:01 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 15104 from Meath
1,583 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: fz1, 34-26-35
Modifications: none

Originally Posted by Dirtyshirt
As expected, it's the stick they chose to beat us with.
Assholes.
http://www.independent.ie/life/motor...-35894932.html

I bet someone thought they were being funny answering that they often ride drunk, always exceed the speed limit and never wear a helmet.

That was Mark from Galway on his kwacker......
Old 1st March 2019, 10:47 PM
MotoGP Legend

The RSA (not sooth Efrika) are at it again.
Another "survey" to give them ammunition to legislate motorcycles out of existence. Asking us dumb questions like how often do we ride without gloves and helmet, how many times have we nearly crashed, how often do we drink and drive.
It is important that as many as possible complete this "survey" and tell them how we all only ever ride below the speed limit at all times, while wearing our helmet fully secured, with matching leathers, hi-vis, gloves and boots.
It also asks if we modify the bikes, but does not ask how, so they'll never know about the additional lights I have fitted to be more visible, and how I replaced the motorcycle size numberplate with a truck size one....
Most importantly they ask us if we think th eidea of a Motorcycle NCT is a good idea, and if we would favour a voluntary or mandatory one.
In other words, while we rape you, do you want us to wear a condom?

Oh, and you might win a Shoei Neotec helmet too.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Road-Safety...clists-Survey/
Old 1st March 2019, 11:46 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 13781 from de county Galway
1,343 posts since Dec 2008
Motorbike: yamaha tzr250,and superexup
Modifications: all

Jeez,talk about leading and skewed questions.pretty obvious what answers they want to get to that
Old 2nd March 2019, 01:12 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 29352
1,247 posts since Jul 2012
Motorbike: Suzuki, Triumph, Aprilla
Modifications: Really stiff Springs !!

Originally Posted by mrdimreaper
Jeez,talk about leading and skewed questions.pretty obvious what answers they want to get to that
Absolutely, they've already decided the results by the looks of it.
Old 3rd March 2019, 01:49 PM
Finally graduating from2T

Biker.ie Member No. 20467 from North County Dublin
4,166 posts since Feb 2010
Motorbike: NSR 250s, R6 13s
Modifications: Loud can

There's pretty much only one pattern of answers we enter. We obey limits, service and maintain our bikes, disagree with nct garbage and always avoid silly and dangerous situations.
Old 3rd March 2019, 03:38 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 35658 from North Cork
609 posts since Jan 2016
Motorbike: Suzuki GSX 600F

Did the survey, and yes I was careful how I answered.

It annoys me immensely that the questions were totally loaded. For instance in the maintenance section there was no tick box for weekly checks. There are things I do weekly and not daily, but I'll be buggered if they were going to get me to ay I check and adjust my chain on a monthly basis for instance, so answered every time I ride the bike.

Shame we don't have an active motorcycling group that would release a survey at the same time as the RSA with deliberately unbiased questions in motorcyclists favour so that it could be used to contest the BS that the RSA come out with. They could hardly contest the results if it had been done in a similar manner to their own survey and we could be pretty certain there would be more people that would take part.
Old 3rd March 2019, 04:47 PM
Finally graduating from2T

Biker.ie Member No. 20467 from North County Dublin
4,166 posts since Feb 2010
Motorbike: NSR 250s, R6 13s
Modifications: Loud can

Originally Posted by efanton
Did the survey, and yes I was careful how I answered.

It annoys me immensely that the questions were totally loaded. For instance in the maintenance section there was no tick box for weekly checks. There are things I do weekly and not daily, but I'll be buggered if they were going to get me to ay I check and adjust my chain on a monthly basis for instance, so answered every time I ride the bike.

Shame we don't have an active motorcycling group that would release a survey at the same time as the RSA with deliberately unbiased questions in motorcyclists favour so that it could be used to contest the BS that the RSA come out with. They could hardly contest the results if it had been done in a similar manner to their own survey and we could be pretty certain there would be more people that would take part.
We could do it on here. 5 days for suggested questions within the overall categories; maintenance, riding habits, view to ads, nct etc.

A chosen group decide final questions and create thread. Results to journal.ie
Old 3rd March 2019, 04:56 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 34875 from Tullamore
160 posts since Jun 2015
Motorbike: Kawasaki Gtr 1000

Just did it there. Fairly biased questions to be honest, particularly about that ad aimed at bikers. No option available to explain that the ad had very little impact on my attitudes to riding because I found it condescending and insulting and to ask why a similar ad singling out and targeting any other road users wasn't also run.
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:15 PM
MotoGP Legend

Question:
How can the RSA be sure it was completed by motorcyclists and not mass populated by anti motorcycling lobbyists?
Also, Has a similar survey ever been carried out for cage drivers of any sort?
Old 3rd March 2019, 06:03 PM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 24081 from Near Wild Heaven
8,103 posts since Sep 2010
Motorbike: Chainsaw/bike hybrid
Modifications: White Wall tyre

Originally Posted by Dub Duke
We could do it on here. 5 days for suggested questions within the overall categories; maintenance, riding habits, view to ads, nct etc.

A chosen group decide final questions and create thread. Results to journal.ie
I was thinking the same.
At the end of the day,whats to stop them saying 90% of respondants said they ride while drunk?
Is this being monitored by any independant body?I think not.
Old 3rd March 2019, 06:46 PM
MotoGP Legend

Having worked in statistics for a number of years, you can get surveys to agree with whatever point of view you are trying to make, regardless of whether it agrees with you or not. You just need to manipulate the variables.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
bike, dyno, independent, irish, motorcycle, reporting, rsa, survey, tuning, unbiased

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed