Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 8th March 2017, 09:05 AM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 34195 from Guess? Boi, like.
244 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: B.M Double U
Modifications: Just add motion lotion
Default RSA motorcycle survey

I saw this in BBG last night flicking through, anybody gone on line yet to do it. I tried it this morning, but pages were too slow to load, so I might go back later to do.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:08 AM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 27690 from Eire
350 posts since Oct 2011
Motorbike: Tiger1050/600rr
Modifications: GOGO JUICE!
Default Re: RSA motorcycle survey

Its the longest survey ever!!
Old 8th March 2017, 12:08 PM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,396 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide

That survey, under the guise of road safety, is designed to gauge public reaction to a compulsory NCT / NBT which forces people into buying newer bikes and putting older more affordable motorbikes off the road, just like the national car test did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	motorcycle-NCT.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	179070Click image for larger version

Name:	motorcycle-NCT2.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	179068Click image for larger version

Name:	motorcycle-NCT3.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	179069

Statistics will be gathered and skewed to represent '90% of bikers do not oppose a national bike test in our survey', and the smoke screen of hydrocarbon emission limits will become a brief central topic of discussion for motorcycles in the dail, who inevitably rubber stamp all proposals from Europe if there's even an inkling of more revenue (from bikers) to pay for it.

We 'need to do our bit' will be the mantra from RSA/Enda and his cohorts to facilitate some fake news story that was invented years ago to garner support and funding for a bunch of tree hugging friends of the earth who wanted to play with dolphins and couldn't handle the prospect of getting a real job.

The Euro4 debacle already sees huge monstrosity sized exhausts, lobbed onto one side of a motorcycle increasing its weight and in my opinion, decreasing safety in order to conform with both noise control restrictions as well as exhaust emissions to 'save our planet'.

Only problem with their argument is the smelting of platinum (used in catalytic converters) releases toxic fumes and metals into the air, which dissolve in water and gets absorbed by plants and animals, and ultimately ingested by humans down the food chain, probably causing cancer among other as yet unresearched ailments since the 70's when all this green house gas bullshit became an issue, and where poisonous emissions from this refining process (such as osmium) have since been measured as increasing 100-fold in one blanket of toxic dust that's covered the earth within the past few decades.

This is the spectre our well-meaning friends refuse to face, instead choosing to fuck around with penguins and roll about in the snow of the polar ice caps taking selfies, the consequence of such extraction to ironically, both metallurgically and otherwise, facilitate 'a greener earth' probably won't be revealed for another 50 or 100 years.

So " bypass that shit and fit proper exhausts " ?

All fine and dandy but ends up costing the biker even more money, discounting an 800euro aftermarket free-flowing pipe with no catacombs or honeycombs of precious metals extracted from the earth at huge cost, both environmental and financial, there will be big deterrents down the road for 'interfering' with your own bike and OEM emissions equipment, for instance the mandatory fine down Australasia for removing a catalytic converter is now €10,000 !

Apart from VW being roasted to the tune of billions for circumventing this hydrocarbon emissions bolloxology with an alternative electronic 'map' for more range and better performance, Harley Davidson have just been fined $12,000,000 for selling screaming eagle aftermarket bolt-ons accessories to do likewise and which were clearly marked ' for race use only ' ; so it's a slippery slope for bikers, rant over - RSA/Government/Surveys/Monkeys & Statistic Gatherers are all a pack of cunts - the end.
Old 8th March 2017, 12:18 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 7270 from Northside Dublin
82 posts since Nov 2007
Motorbike: Suzuki Bandit GSF1250A K8

Couldn't agree more--its just an excuse to get a NCT in place for bikes and get more revenue.--they now have charge of Bus/Truck CVRT tests and are keen to control all vehicles.
Old 8th March 2017, 12:42 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 23155
1,484 posts since Jul 2010
Motorbike: Katana

Once again I had a long chat with the RSA at the RDS show in respect to loose gravel (after my exhausting e-mail correspondence last year which went on for months, at which point in the end they more or less said, they didn't really care about road safety) But yet again I may as well have been talking to the wheel of the massive truck they had there, sad isnt the word
Old 8th March 2017, 12:45 PM
Finally graduating from2T

Biker.ie Member No. 20467 from North County Dublin
4,180 posts since Feb 2010
Motorbike: NSR 250s, R6 13s
Modifications: Loud can

So we should all do it and answer that we oppose NCT / IBT?
Old 8th March 2017, 12:48 PM
Clubman
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 34195 from Guess? Boi, like.
244 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: B.M Double U
Modifications: Just add motion lotion

Originally Posted by Admin
That survey, under the guise of road safety, is designed to gauge public reaction to a compulsory NCT / NBT which forces people into buying newer bikes and putting older more affordable motorbikes off the road, just like the national car test did.

Attachment 179070Attachment 179068Attachment 179069

Statistics will be gathered and skewed to represent '90% of bikers do not oppose a national bike test in our survey', and the smoke screen of hydrocarbon emission limits will become a brief central topic of discussion for motorcycles in the dail, who inevitably rubber stamp all proposals from Europe if there's even an inkling of more revenue (from bikers) to pay for it.

We 'need to do our bit' will be the mantra from RSA/Enda and his cohorts to facilitate some fake news story that was invented years ago to garner support and funding for a bunch of tree hugging friends of the earth who wanted to play with dolphins and couldn't handle the prospect of getting a real job.

The Euro4 debacle already sees huge monstrosity sized exhausts, lobbed onto one side of a motorcycle increasing its weight and in my opinion, decreasing safety in order to conform with both noise control restrictions as well as exhaust emissions to 'save our planet'.

Only problem with their argument is the smelting of platinum (used in catalytic converters) releases toxic fumes and metals into the air, which dissolve in water and gets absorbed by plants and animals, and ultimately ingested by humans down the food chain, probably causing cancer among other as yet unresearched ailments since the 70's when all this green house gas bullshit became an issue, and where poisonous emissions from this refining process (such as osmium) have since been measured as increasing 100-fold in one blanket of toxic dust that's covered the earth within the past few decades.

This is the spectre our well-meaning friends refuse to face, instead choosing to fuck around with penguins and roll about in the snow of the polar ice caps taking selfies, the consequence of such extraction to ironically, both metallurgically and otherwise, facilitate 'a greener earth' probably won't be revealed for another 50 or 100 years.

So " bypass that shit and fit proper exhausts " ?

All fine and dandy but ends up costing the biker even more money, discounting an 800euro aftermarket free-flowing pipe with no catacombs or honeycombs of precious metals extracted from the earth at huge cost, both environmental and financial, there will be big deterrents down the road for 'interfering' with your own bike and OEM emissions equipment, for instance the mandatory fine down Australasia for removing a catalytic converter is now 10,000 !

Apart from VW being roasted to the tune of billions for circumventing this hydrocarbon emissions bolloxology with an alternative electronic 'map' for more range and better performance, Harley Davidson have just been fined $12,000,000 for selling screaming eagle aftermarket bolt-ons accessories to do likewise and which were clearly marked ' for race use only ' ; so it's a slippery slope for bikers, rant over - RSA/Government/Surveys/Monkeys & Statistic Gatherers are all a pack of cunts - the end.
Sooooo, that'll be a no.

Don't they have an MOT for bikes in the UK now? Must look up the charges for that to see what we can expect.

Between the new driver testing, for cages as well as bikes, tax, rising insurance, proposed tests, I guess one day the roads will be empty, soz we'll all have to take public transport.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:11 PM
Serial buyer of keepers.

Biker.ie Member No. 13184 from Wesht Clare
9,407 posts since Nov 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: TBS, Bavarian Rocket.
Modifications: Extra Db and polish.

Lads if ye do the questionnaire, under suggesions tell them to make farmers responsible for spreading mud all over the roads. Bastards.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:23 PM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 3937 from wouldn you like to know...
7,629 posts since Oct 2006
Motorbike: yamaha dt 125 R
Modifications: supermotoed, stebel airhorn, acerbis fenders, decals and scratches

Make an effort to try.. got about 10 pages in and closed the tab.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:28 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 27890
2,723 posts since Dec 2011
Motorbike: Blue Bomber & tbc..

Originally Posted by Dub Duke
So we should all do it and answer that we oppose NCT / IBT?
I don't think it's even worth the bother tbh. These surveys are claimed to be unbiased fact-finding research - but in practice are put out there to gather data to provide 'objective' support for the decisions which have invariably been taken already.

Public consultation my *rse
Old 8th March 2017, 01:39 PM
Finally graduating from2T

Biker.ie Member No. 20467 from North County Dublin
4,180 posts since Feb 2010
Motorbike: NSR 250s, R6 13s
Modifications: Loud can

If all on this site answered the queries with a certain slant - e.g. no NCT for bikes, then we could dispute the skewed 'findings' when they come out.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:59 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 6387 from Dublin 16
1,573 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: '07 TDM 900,'00 Cub90, RGV250 (in a box)
Modifications: 900 has a scottoiler/centre stand/high screen/L.E.

Got it done in 16 mins.
Old 8th March 2017, 02:33 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 36294 from the big smoke
3,115 posts since Jun 2016
Motorbike: bicycle
Modifications: big belly

Originally Posted by VJMC
Once again I had a long chat with the RSA at the RDS show in respect to loose gravel (after my exhausting e-mail correspondence last year which went on for months, at which point in the end they more or less said, they didn't really care about road safety) But yet again I may as well have been talking to the wheel of the massive truck they had there, sad isnt the word
Too be fair them rosa people in the Reds had not got a clue what's going on.
They tried telling me too contact the ndls about my test ffs
Old 8th March 2017, 04:31 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 26650 from Meath
443 posts since Jun 2011
Motorbike: Honda cbr 400

Originally Posted by Dub Duke
If all on this site answered the queries with a certain slant - e.g. no NCT for bikes, then we could dispute the skewed 'findings' when they come out.
yep better a few from here fill it in then the do gooders that usually take the time to fill these things in, bit like voting, lads stand around giving out bout this that the other and do nothing
Old 8th March 2017, 04:42 PM
Serial buyer of keepers.

Biker.ie Member No. 13184 from Wesht Clare
9,407 posts since Nov 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: TBS, Bavarian Rocket.
Modifications: Extra Db and polish.

Originally Posted by paudy
yep better a few from here fill it in then the do gooders that usually take the time to fill these things in, bit like voting, lads stand around giving out bout this that the other and do nothing
Exactly , it takes about 15 minutes .
Old 8th March 2017, 04:47 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 8353 from Dublin
1,413 posts since Feb 2008
Motorbike: R1200RTSE
Modifications: go-faster scratches

If you have an opinion - fill it in, and use the comments form at the end

We (MAG) got no notice on this, yet there's full page ads in BBG for it - so make of that what you will (BBG readers might well make for a slightly different demographic?)

However: to put things in context - we had broadly 2500 new bikes sold in 2016 - yet we had about 7500 first registrations of imports ... mostly from the UK and Germany where we have confidence because such tests exist.

Someone at the show put it to me that the average "mint" bike on Donedeal had been in the back of a cement mixer for an hour ... maybe, just maybe, an NBT isn't the worst idea out there?
Old 8th March 2017, 05:16 PM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 9275
930 posts since Apr 2008

A mechanism to a) enforce the correct maintenance and roadworthiness of bikes, and b) provide some sort of proof of a bike's mileage is in my opinion a good idea. Then it'll be harder for Paddy to fuck over - as he historically has - his "fellow biker" (yeah right).

But I'd be concerned that this good idea becomes primarily a money-collecting exercise, and morphs into a mechanism that ends up - as has happened in the cage world with the NCT, along with fucking extortionate motor tax rates - crippling those of us who prefer or can only afford older bikes/cages.

I don't want and will probably never want a bike or cage with loads of electrickery, so that by definition means that I'll be owning older bikes & cages. But the money-collecting shite that will inevitably come on the back of a good idea (NBT) would be saddening and infuriating.

What can reap the most money from choice-less Joe Public? That'll always be The Man's primary goal. Their cleverness is in disguising their acts in ways that make the more gullible and obsequious folk out there swallow the spin and agree with being reaped/raped, without being aware they're being reaped/raped...
Old 8th March 2017, 05:31 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31694 from Galway
2,048 posts since Jun 2013
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Fjr

Filled it in. As said they don't ask for our opinions often so now's your chance.
Old 8th March 2017, 05:43 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 35658 from North Cork
635 posts since Jan 2016
Motorbike: Suzuki GSX 600F

personally I think every here and every motorcyclist should do the survey.

If we dont skew the statistic in OUR favour then the RSA and government will do what they want with the excuse they they did seek the opinion of motorcyclists first. We all know that dealerships, business interests and those that want the changes that most of us dont want WILL BE taking part in the survey.

Simply read the questions and ask yourselves why they are asking a particular question.
Its obvious with some of the questions they are looking for an excuse to put forward a certain position, so why not prevent them from doing that.

When they ask would you want an NCT say NO. Why would you need a NCT if you are servicing you bike regularly and checking your bike before each ride? the introduction of a NCT will mean the end of after market exhausts and while I am not in favour of exhausts that deafen people, I certainly want an exhaust that is loud enough so that people know I am there for my own saftety

Also the last question asks for an opinion. If everyone complained about the state of the roads, (loose surfaces, potholes etc) they could hardly ignore it. Likewise with regards the NCT. If you state NCT would be waste of time as you inspect your bike before every journey and service it more than once a year.

Play the game lads, because that is exactly what this is. A game played by bureaucrats to justify their opinion and not the reality of the vast majority of the motorcyclists in this country. Dont let them introduce unnecessary restrictions and laws and by not doing the survey thats exactly what you will be doing.
Old 8th March 2017, 06:04 PM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 7050 from dublin
843 posts since Oct 2007
Motorbike: Triumph Tiger 1050

Took fookin ages

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
bike, dyno, independent, irish, motorcycle, reporting, rsa, survey, tuning, unbiased

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed