Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Reply
 
  #1  
Old 15th April 2019, 09:39 AM
mike lydon mike lydon is online now
Clubman
 
Biker.ie Member No. 32804
109 posts since Feb 2014
Default Rat, survival bikes.

Hi all.
Any members have any rat or survival bikes.
Would be nice to see some pics and how they evolved over time for you.
Tia.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17th April 2019, 01:50 PM
sidegrinder's Avatar
sidegrinder sidegrinder is offline
MotoGP Legend
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4874 from finglas
2,467 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: CBR 929, CB750, 125 Rebel
Modifications: the best B&Q have to offe
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Delboy's about to make shit of a gen 1 hyabusa on youtube there... you could follow that
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17th April 2019, 02:08 PM
RTV's Avatar
RTV RTV is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,638 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by sidegrinder View Post
Delboy's about to make shit of a gen 1 hyabusa on youtube there... you could follow that
I love how everyone gives him shite but yet, follow him every step of the way

I guess it's the popular thing to do?

The guy does whatever the fuck he wants with his own bikes and never apologies for it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17th April 2019, 02:24 PM
renniks's Avatar
renniks renniks is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
4,029 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by RTV View Post
The guy does whatever the fuck he wants with his own bikes and never apologies for it.
Doing whatever you want to your own bikes is one thing, putting up dodgy 'advice' on Youtube, where someone with no fucking clue could see it & do it to their own bike, is another
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17th April 2019, 02:39 PM
RTV's Avatar
RTV RTV is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,638 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by renniks View Post
Doing whatever you want to your own bikes is one thing, putting up dodgy 'advice' on Youtube, where someone with no fucking clue could see it & do it to their own bike, is another
The internet is basically a gigantic ball of dodgy advise, it's up to the viewers discretion really.

And again, it cracks me up that everyone complains about it but yet everyone keeps watching him, it's not like you're being forced or it's the only thing on the TV really...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17th April 2019, 03:34 PM
Jack stowage's Avatar
Jack stowage Jack stowage is offline
MotoGP Legend
 
Biker.ie Member No. 15313 from Wherever i lay my hat
1,006 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: Whatevers popular
Modifications: cyclist skewer
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Some people just like to bitch about everything...

Plenty in Mad Max 4...although it surprises me that theres endless amounts of parts and tyres available for big yank cars and jap bikes in the future.....Never noticed a CMSNL shop either.....

Last edited by Jack stowage; 17th April 2019 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17th April 2019, 03:41 PM
renniks's Avatar
renniks renniks is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
4,029 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by Jack stowage View Post
Some people just like to bitch about everything...
I'm sure if Del was to start posting his 'tips' in the workshop section of this forum, he'd get the head bit off him by one of the mods for giving out shite advice
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17th April 2019, 03:55 PM
sidegrinder's Avatar
sidegrinder sidegrinder is offline
MotoGP Legend
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4874 from finglas
2,467 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: CBR 929, CB750, 125 Rebel
Modifications: the best B&Q have to offe
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by RTV View Post
I love how everyone gives him shite but yet, follow him every step of the way

I guess it's the popular thing to do?

The guy does whatever the fuck he wants with his own bikes and never apologies for it.
Oh I watched him in the past tho I skipped him making shit of a bandit, then making shit of a triumph tiger, I can assure ya I won't be tuning in to watch a "how to glue bits of car mat and dog hair to a busa and paint it with tuff paint " he could easily be restoring , he is buying most of the bits that need replacing, but as i said, anyone wanting to see a bike made shit of look no further.. .
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
RTV's Avatar
RTV RTV is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,638 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by sidegrinder View Post
Oh I watched him in the past tho I skipped him making shit of a bandit, then making shit of a triumph tiger, I can assure ya I won't be tuning in to watch a "how to glue bits of car mat and dog hair to a busa and paint it with tuff paint " he could easily be restoring , he is buying most of the bits that need replacing, but as i said, anyone wanting to see a bike made shit of look no further.. .
But that's what I find funny... for someone that doesn't follow him, you definitely seem to be much more up to date than I am... and I'm subscribed to his channel and actually watch his videos on a regular basis
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is offline
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
13,267 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by RTV View Post
I'm subscribed to his channel and actually watch his videos on a regular basis
Ah, that's why you're being so defensive of him.
Do you watch them for the comedy value or do you actually believe he knows his arse from his elbow?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
renniks's Avatar
renniks renniks is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
4,029 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Lashings of copper paste on the back of brake pads, even though EBC say not to...
Lashings of thread lock, when a tiny bit will do, on a bolt that has a nyloc nut...
Using Hylomar on a sump plug...

Go Del!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
RTV's Avatar
RTV RTV is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,638 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
Ah, that's why you're being so defensive of him.
Do you watch them for the comedy value or do you actually believe he knows his arse from his elbow?
Missing my point, not defending anyone, don't give a shits really... just find funny how all bitch and complain about him but yet, follow him closely.

Never said that what Delboy does is good or bad, but if you think it's so bad, don't follow him and that's it.

Applies to everything, it's not like he's popping on every channel, radio, etc that you can't get away. If you don't actively click on the youtube videos, you won't have a clue on what he's working on or not, right?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
renniks's Avatar
renniks renniks is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
4,029 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by RTV View Post
Missing my point, not defending anyone, don't give a shits really... just find funny how all bitch and complain about him but yet, follow him closely.

Never said that what Delboy does is good or bad, but if you think it's so bad, don't follow him and that's it.

Applies to everything, it's not like he's popping on every channel, radio, etc that you can't get away. If you don't actively click on the youtube videos, you won't have a clue on what he's working on or not, right?
Who says I follow him? I don't.

Tacking a load of mig wire inside the end can was another gem Del gave to us, when doing the Tiger rat bike
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM
RTV's Avatar
RTV RTV is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,638 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by renniks View Post
Who says I follow him? I don't.

Tacking a load of mig wire inside the end can was another gem Del gave to us, when doing the Tiger rat bike
You are saying that bud, you have all the updates

I found about the busa from the haters in this forum way before I saw the video, and that only started about a week ago and again... I'm supposed to be the one that follows him.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
renniks's Avatar
renniks renniks is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
4,029 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by RTV View Post
You are saying that bud, you have all the updates

I found about the busa from the haters in this forum way before I saw the video, and that only started about a week ago and again... I'm supposed to be the one that follows him.
I get all my 'updates' about Del's from The Workshop if you must know - he does the occasional vid on Del's latest fuck up
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
mike lydon mike lydon is online now
Clubman
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 32804
109 posts since Feb 2014
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Well, this went off and a completely different tangent lom
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Mr Snapped Banjo String's Avatar
Mr Snapped Banjo String Mr Snapped Banjo String is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 15069 from Here n there
3,307 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: 98 fireblade
Modifications: Nope
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by mike lydon View Post
Well, this went off and a completely different tangent lom
Have you not copped that at this point...
See your problem is.. you started with what you actually wanted to talk about... you should have started a conversation on bullshit or dog shit... and before long it would have made it's way around to rat bikes...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
sidegrinder's Avatar
sidegrinder sidegrinder is offline
MotoGP Legend
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4874 from finglas
2,467 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: CBR 929, CB750, 125 Rebel
Modifications: the best B&Q have to offe
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by RTV View Post
But that's what I find funny... for someone that doesn't follow him, you definitely seem to be much more up to date than I am... and I'm subscribed to his channel and actually watch his videos on a regular basis
I think you're going to have to explain how I can be more up to date when you watch regularly? maybe you need to actually watch what he's at. I'm not the type will criticise for the sake of it I've watched his videos. I stand over what I said, anyone wants to see a bike destroyed look no further.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
renniks's Avatar
renniks renniks is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
4,029 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by RTV View Post

Never said that what Delboy does is good or bad, but if you think it's so bad, don't follow him and that's it.
By that logic, and your admission that you follow his channel, do you think what he does is good?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
sidegrinder's Avatar
sidegrinder sidegrinder is offline
MotoGP Legend
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4874 from finglas
2,467 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: CBR 929, CB750, 125 Rebel
Modifications: the best B&Q have to offe
Default Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Originally Posted by mike lydon View Post
Well, this went off and a completely different tangent lom
not too far off I hope, you wanted info on rats, I gave a valid direction to look in, have fun..
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
bikes, rat, survival


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phillip McCallen announces plans to stage worlds biggest display of Joey Dunlop bikes Admin General Bike Chat 5 1st April 2019 10:07 PM
older bikes that are worth owning Blanka General Bike Chat 78 22nd April 2018 12:30 AM
**Read this before posting** - Guidelines for Buying and Selling section Admin Buying and Selling 10 20th August 2013 08:18 PM
Stolen Trials Bikes w00kie General Bike Chat 7 3rd May 2007 03:16 PM
Hello All (and Question On Restricted Bikes) w00kie First time bikers 20 13th December 2005 01:57 AM


Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed