Old 1st April 2019, 04:40 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 11289 from In my world
625 posts since Jul 2008
Motorbike: Yer mother
Modifications: A pink rabbit
Default Re: Shoulder probs/operation

Originally Posted by kad
Right lads having serious shoulder probs.lookin at an op as certain (tore tendon).lookin at 6/8months outa work..anyone been there
All those doctors and consultants are robbing scumbags... unless you have only one brain cell do the op yourself there's loads of stuff on the web and Sewertube!!!
Old 1st April 2019, 08:35 PM
Head up, arse down

Biker.ie Member No. 15745 from Mainistir Ban, Corcaigh
1,701 posts since Apr 2009
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: XL1000VA GS425E TS250/1
Modifications: Insulin

My situation was different to yours but it was still shoulder surgery. When I fell off the bike the big ball of bone that fits into the shoulder socket disintegrated on impact. They got it back together the best way that they could but it was a career-changing/ending injury (I'm a mechanic). Surgeon told me that my working days were over. I was out of work for seven months & the only reason that I'm working today is because a new position arose in the company that I work for & as it didn't involve any manual labour as such they offered me the position & obviously I grabbed the opportunity. I'm in constant pain but I'm a big young fella & I can handle it. If you must undergo the surgery I would say two things to you based on my own experience:
1. You MUST allow yourself the time to heal properly. I was off bikes for nine months & I just had to suck it up (June 2013 to March 2014)
2. Be aware that no matter how well you heal, you will always be vulnerable to a re-occurrence or aggravation of the injury. I changed the oil & filter on my Varadero one day last March. This involved me lying on the ground (a no-no for me) to get to the filter. I wasn't aware of any problem at the time but I was in agonising pain for three months afterwards. It was a lesson learned the hard way.
Old 1st April 2019, 10:52 PM
MotoGP Legend
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 18656
1,281 posts since Sep 2009
Motorbike: ltd1000 zx12
Modifications: just me

Fuck thats harsh...dont mind mot been not on the bike/working for a bit as im trying to pick the months where work and biking are goin to be great.think they'll have to sow my arm to my stomock to stop me using it.its the post op stuff im finding hard to get in my head.
Old 8th April 2019, 08:31 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 24315
1,373 posts since Oct 2010
Motorbike: Honda NT700 Deauville
Modifications: Some 90s disco lights

Rotator Cuff problems to both shoulders in the last few years. Curtailed my biking considerably. Injections of cortosone onto the joint did the trick,Was ok for last 12 month or so until herself decided we should visit Mayo. And I did the driving.. in a cage. Absolutely crippled after it.
Last time the only cure was no driving of either four or two wheeled vehicles. No alternative. Difficult when you mostly drive for work but are otherwise healthy.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
probs or operation, shoulder