Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Honda X11 what to look out for (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=241112)

acdc 14th November 2017 08:35 AM

Honda X11 what to look out for

thinking of picking one up if I can sell my own, its for handy money and is not mint but he saiy its mechanically perfict and driving away,

any thoughts or would I miss the bandit?:thumbsup2:

manbearpig 14th November 2017 09:42 AM

Re: Honda X11 what to look out for

[quote=acdc;3507075]thinking of picking one up if I can sell my own, its for handy money and is not mint but he saiy its mechanically perfict and driving away,

any thoughts or would I miss the bandit?:thumbsup2:[/quote]

What part of the country are you? Im in Galway

I've one and can let you take it for an hour or two to see what its like.

Suspension is a little soft - a little top heavy but lovely rumble from the exhaust. Nice comfortable bike and plenty of power.

//You will not miss the bandito//

cbroar 14th November 2017 09:47 AM

Rocketship bike and made to same quality as blackbird so bulletproof with great finish. Clutch can rattle at idle but once it quietens when clutch lever pulled in not an issue. Rear subframe can crack if overloaded with top box but this is very rare and easily reenforced. Brakes can be neglected as they are the dual cbs system so worth a check on when last serviced. Walking speed uturns can be tricky at first till you get used to reduced steering lock compared to other bikes but again you soon get used to that. Otherwise one of the best naked muscle bikes around thatll leave the bandit standing..

johnny b 14th November 2017 11:05 AM

Camchain tensioners can give issues, there is an uprated part or a manual option.

Oil cooler lines are known to bust on birds (not sure if they have them) with miles and age from corrosion, replacements available from Hel performance of Jaws motorcycles.
They are about 150e but if replacing then roast the bollix out of the bolts on the engine as they are a bastard for snapping in the engine casing!

Savage well built machines, loads of power!

iano 14th November 2017 11:22 AM

Over 94 thousand miles on my one and it was still running like a sewing machine
Fantastic bikes.
I'd buy another if I'd space

Duke RR 14th November 2017 02:36 PM

Only a 5 speed box, just bear in mind....

iano 14th November 2017 02:44 PM

5 more than ya have at the min wha!!!

Duke RR 14th November 2017 03:04 PM

will give you the answer to that one on the A22 & A13 in germany and austria, while on the outside

....wah....! :woots:

:boxing:

Gixxer 14th November 2017 03:09 PM

[quote=Duke RR;3507130]Only a 5 speed box, just bear in mind....[/quote]

They don't need more than 5. There's plenty of power to pull between each.

Duke RR 14th November 2017 03:12 PM

[quote=Gixxer;3507141]They don't need more than 5. There's plenty of power to pull between each.[/quote]

the fjr is the same, and even when yamaha introduced a 6 speed, the revs and ratio difference was minimal compared to the 5 speed, so what was the point :wassat:

5 would bug me :frusty:

Gixxer 14th November 2017 03:15 PM

[quote=Duke RR;3507144]the fjr is the same, and even when yamaha introduced a 6 speed, the revs and ratio difference was minimal compared to the 5 speed, so what was the point :wassat:

5 would bug me :frusty:[/quote]

The early FJR 1300 has too low a 5th gear (IMHO). It's the one thing that annoys me about mine.

manbearpig 14th November 2017 04:51 PM

5th gear revs are around the 5k mark at 120/130kph loads left for a bit of a wallop when it's clear/safe to do so.

R.M 14th November 2017 11:07 PM

Had a beauty which I sold in 2011 for stupid little money. Ugly mother fucker, but a cracker of a bike. Stick her in 5th & enjoy the day.

Mine was kept outside under cover over the winter & started 1st turn in spring. Honda finish was impeccable.

As above, bit heavy, cumbersome, bad turning circle, but a unique bike.

Stealth bomber!!

Tua Cathach 15th November 2017 10:30 AM

If its the blue one on adverts the guy is bonkers.. I asked him some questions about this bike .. (i've owned one of these before so aware of issues) he got a bee in his bonnet because he had to write and answer and because i didnt ring him straight away ....

anyway... as mentioned above rear subframe has a weak spot at the back where the grabrail is... they are prone to snapping if to much weight has been on ... the oil lines check them for corrosion... if its bad start saving.... the oil lines for the X are a bastard to get and expensive to... blackbird ones dont fit it..
rattly clutch is normal so long as it disappears when you pull the clutch leaver in .

They are a rocket ship of a yoke to go.. re-tuned blackbird engine with more torque... hold on and enjoy....

a great machine, i miss my one and had full intentions of going down to look at that one on adverts but as i said your man is an ass... wouldn't give him the steam of my piss.

acdc 15th November 2017 11:12 AM

cheers kinda gone offf em now

iano 15th November 2017 11:17 AM

Get the boat

Admin 15th November 2017 11:25 AM

[quote=acdc;3507293]cheers kinda gone offf em now[/quote]

I used have a rale big horn for panigales one time too, then bladerr bought one :lbhbh:

iano 15th November 2017 11:26 AM

Lmfao

Admin 15th November 2017 11:48 AM

[IMG]http://www.biker.ie/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/blade-rr1.jpg[/IMG]

Admin 15th November 2017 11:49 AM

[IMG]http://www.biker.ie/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/bladerr-2.jpg[/IMG]

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS