Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is my bike is not good enough? (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=241110)

Giant 13th November 2017 11:09 PM

Is my bike is not good enough?

I have been ridding for about a 1.5 years and I swear, I have never ever gotten a wave or a nod from a bmw or a ducati. I have nodded a few times but I gave up soon after because I feel like a fool when I don't get a nod back, is my bike not good enough or what? Would I get a nod or a wave if I was on a ducati, KTM or bmw? The most common bike I see is the gs and Ducati minimoto(I think?) similar to the gs. I guess I am not a ''real biker'' yet because I have an sv650, all other bikes give me a nod though except scooters or couriers which is fair enough.

HIGHSIDER 13th November 2017 11:13 PM

Re: Is my bike is not good enough?

Is it not past your bedtime???.....:unsure2:

Remember, school in the morning...

Vjmc.Cork 13th November 2017 11:14 PM

[quote=Giant;3507025]I have been ridding for about a 1.5 years and I swear, I have never ever gotten a wave or a nod from a bmw or a ducati. I have nodded a few times but I gave up soon after because I feel like a fool when I don't get a nod back, is my bike not good enough or what? Would I get a nod or a wave if I was on a ducati, KTM or bmw? The most common bike I see is the gs and Ducati minimoto(I think?) similar to the gs. I guess I am not a ''real biker'' yet because I have an sv650, all other bikes give me a nod though except scooters or couriers which is fair enough.[/quote]

BMW riders are gods among men and are legally required to ignore all untermensch.
Ducati riders I can't comment on but I'd guess they're either too terrified of falling over or too busy admiring their reflection in shop windows to notice a peasant like you.
How do you find hd riders?

Giant 13th November 2017 11:21 PM

[quote=HIGHSIDER;3507027]Is it not past your bedtime???.....:unsure2:

Remember, school in the morning...[/quote]

Don't get our the belt please... :unsure2:

[quote=Vjmc.Cork;3507028]BMW riders are gods among men and are legally required to ignore all untermensch.
Ducati riders I can't comment on but I'd guess they're either too terrified of falling over or too busy admiring their reflection in shop windows to notice a peasant like you.
How do you find hd riders?[/quote]

Makes much more sense now, I didn't know that was written in the law. Ducatis seems to disregard my presence at all and I don't think they even recognise my existence, harleys are the same.

Vjmc.Cork 13th November 2017 11:23 PM

Don't worry about it,I salute every bike I meet.Some return it some don't.
Makes no odds to me either way.

Japcati 13th November 2017 11:25 PM

BMW and Ducati riders are just wankers.

And Im the biggest one.:lbhbh:

Dusty Rhodes 13th November 2017 11:28 PM

Jaysus wept on de cross ,,,,,,,,,

efanton 13th November 2017 11:30 PM

[quote=Vjmc.Cork;3507028]BMW riders are gods among men and are legally required to ignore all untermensch.
[B]How do you find hd riders?[/B][/quote]

easy just look for the lad pushing a bike in the pissing rain, or follow the oil trail :lbhbh:

Some wave some dont, who cares? Doesn't bother me one way or another.

What would really piss me off is seeing bikers pass another biker who has broken down without even bothering to see if they can help.
Seen this happen twice. First time I could not help except offer the use of my mobile, the second time I had a spare main fuse to replace the one blown on his bike. Happy to help but he had been there for nearly an hour and there was a rake of bikes out that day in the same area and a good few had passed him.

Japcati 13th November 2017 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OP.........

When in doubt just give the salute.:lbhbh:

PADDYOT 13th November 2017 11:48 PM

Throw up a description, or better still, a picture of you on your bike.
I'll get a neon sign made up that sez "Hi Giant from Biker.ie" mounted to the front of me bike, and whenever I see ya, I'll be fucking sure to turn on the neon sign. :thumbsup2:

Japcati 13th November 2017 11:54 PM

[quote=Giant;3507025]I have been ridding for about a 1.5 years and I swear, I have never ever gotten a wave or a nod from a bmw or a ducati. I have nodded a few times but I gave up soon after because I feel like a fool when I don't get a nod back, is my bike not good enough or what? Would I get a nod or a wave if I was on a ducati, KTM or bmw? The most common bike I see is the gs and Ducati minimoto(I think?) similar to the gs. I guess I am not a ''real biker'' yet because [B]I have an sv650[/B], all other bikes give me a nod though except scooters or couriers which is fair enough.[/quote]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQELbOflO4[/url]

:lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::bikerie:

budgerman 14th November 2017 12:00 AM

[quote=Giant;3507025]I have been ridding for about a 1.5 years and I swear, I have never ever gotten a wave or a nod from a bmw or a ducati. I have nodded a few times but I gave up soon after because I feel like a fool when I don't get a nod back, is my bike not good enough or what? Would I get a nod or a wave if I was on a ducati, KTM or bmw? The most common bike I see is the gs and Ducati minimoto(I think?) similar to the gs. I guess I am not a ''real biker'' yet because I have an sv650, all other bikes give me a nod though except scooters or couriers which is fair enough.[/quote]

Most grown ups are thinking of grown up things while out riding their bikes so maybe waving at every Tom Dick and Giant is the last thing on their mind!:biggrin_old:

Just get on with riding your bike and don't be taking the whole waving thing so serious:thumbsup2:

hornethead 14th November 2017 12:05 AM

Do what i do and wear a bmw jocks(ebay bargain and brilliantly waterproof) and it confuses the shite out of the bavaria heads, especially on a ktm, they nod and then try to retract the nod in despair 😂

PADDYOT 14th November 2017 12:07 AM

[quote=budgerman;3507050]Most grown ups are thinking of grown up things while out riding their bikes so maybe waving at every Tom Dick and Giant is the last thing on their mind!:biggrin_old:

Just get on with riding your bike and don't be taking the whole waving thing so serious:thumbsup2:[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about?!!
Getting waves and nods from other bikers is the fucking best thing about riding a bike! :rockon:

bandit0 14th November 2017 12:08 AM

Highly advanced riders wont compromise their safety due to the moment's lapse in concentration required for the sake of salutation.

Holy Moly 14th November 2017 12:19 AM

These are the hard questions I live for on biker.

PADDYOT 14th November 2017 12:22 AM

I remember one day I was riding along minding my own business. All of a sudden I got a tickling sensation in my nose. I knew a sneeze was about to happen. I tried the old trick of closing my mouth and breathing hard through my nose. "HHhhmmmmhhh". Didn't work, a couple of seconds later I sneezed, my head went back and then shot forward as a gush of snot escaped my nose. Unfortunately, I happened to be passing a fellow biker as I sneezed. He nodded back. I don't know what he was riding, some Japanese yoke, Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha whatever, they all look the same to me. Anyway, I had to do a U-turn, chase him down, give him the finger and call him a cunt just in case he thought I respected him.

NODSTER 14th November 2017 12:33 AM

Even the nodster nods......[I].and he's not even hip to be square[/I]

Blanka 14th November 2017 12:44 AM

[quote=NODSTER;3507057]Even the nodster nods......[I].and he's not even hip to be square[/I][/quote]

:lbhbh:

Admin 14th November 2017 12:44 AM

[quote=Giant;3507030]
seem to disregard my presence at all and [B]I don't think they even recognise my existence[/B][/quote]

You can't generalise, but BMW 'adventure' riders tend to be the direct opposite of a risk taking escapader, - the biker nod doesn't register when you're a smouldering, depressed, enervated little man with repressed homosexual inclinations and a small weener that only responds to other bent little GS1200 riders who also have a boxer twin throbbing on their anal sphincter.

I'm not sure why you'd seek the recognition and mutual, reciprocal acknowledgement from such a #clique of nob-ends in the first instance, but as a psychoanalyst can suggest ; if I was feeling particularly unloved and wanting attention maybe wave at tractors or lorries instead, the negative reciprocity and rejection-then-retreat rates which manifest itself in threads like this would be much lower.

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS