Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New helmet stolen (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=241387)

JoeJoyce 5th December 2017 01:18 AM

New helmet stolen

3 Attachment(s)
Bought a Shoei X-Spirit 3 and had it for a few days before it was ripped off the bike along with the seat cowl. If anyone sees the helmet for sale please let me know, I know the chances are like 0,0001% but you never know, I know some people found their things on DoneDeal sometimes. Nobody took my piece of shit HJC for 2 years but the second you get something nice, you're fucked.I am really depressed as for a student like me the €600 I paid is a lot of money + the seat cowl is broken which is another €150. Yes I am looking for sympathy, I know I probably won't get much for being stupid but it's a life lesson for sure, a painful one though.

ROB95 5th December 2017 01:36 AM

Re: New helmet stolen

where was it taken?

JoeJoyce 5th December 2017 02:44 AM

Dublin, IFSC

Duke 78 5th December 2017 07:11 AM

Jaysus lad, what a scum of a city Dublin turned into. It’s a real shame you have to be vigilant at all times...
Hope they suffocate in it as soon as they put on!

Rockster 5th December 2017 08:42 AM

I feel your pain, been there done that. Nowhere in this city is safe and I figured a long time ago if I am going to leave either a bike (and gear locked to bike) it better not be something I am too precious about. Have always had a "good" bike and commuting bike/gear.
Have a shoei but have an ls2 lid for daily use. I always use the helmet lock but also stick a small chain through it. Leave nothing of value in a topbox either as givi ones can be opened in 10 seconds with a screwdriver. I put a chain through the handle and around the plate the box sits on.
Doubt it would be on done deal but I would keep an eye on adverts also.

RTV 5th December 2017 08:44 AM

Whoever did this, deserves to die a slow death. What a bunch of scumbags :(

Jfarrell32 5th December 2017 09:36 AM

Keep a watch on adverts.ie also

oretom 5th December 2017 09:48 AM

About 15 years ago I met 6 Germans looking lost in Dublin, all of their helmets were stolen from bikes, seriously, you really should have known much better that to leave it on bike, I keep an eye on mine when it’s 10ft away from me in local pub, yet usually once or twice every few months some stupid cunt tries to put it t on her head
I’ve had stuff nicked before, it’s a real cunt, I’m still waiting to spot some lad wearing a jacke t I had almost 20 years later��

atticman69 5th December 2017 09:59 AM

C**ts, work in IFSC myself and during the day its fine with the odd scumbag walking around but nighttime is a different story but there is plenty off CCTV in the area.

If you haven't got a spare helmet I've got a Shark size Large in the shed in a helmet bag I haven't worn it for at least 6-7 years but its perfect never dropped.

SUGS 5th December 2017 10:17 AM

its come to the stage where you simply cannot put anything down or take your eyes off it for two seconds - fucking scum.

Kavo 5th December 2017 10:34 AM

Jasus I'm sorry but there's no way I'd pay €600 for a great lid like that and then leave with bike in the open. The local scrotes must have thought Xmas came early when their robbin bastard eyes saw that:mad1:

Hope you are lucky and somehow get it back mate

Kaos Theory 5th December 2017 10:45 AM

[quote=oretom;3510621]About 15 years ago I met 6 Germans looking lost in Dublin, all of their helmets were stolen from bikes, seriously, you really should have known much better that to leave it on bike[/quote]

I get what you're saying but I was bombing through Germany years ago and when parked up one time we noticed a local leave his lid on the mirror of his bike and we asked was he not worried someone would rob it and he looked at us like we were mad.

Few of the lads left their lids and jockss on the bikes (I took mine, just felt so wrong) and we got lunch, came back an hour later to everything exactly how we left it.

green grass 5th December 2017 10:55 AM

Ireland and the UK seem to have the same robbing mentality......while in California I noticed bikes parked up with the lid and [email protected] left with the bike,it was common practice! One R6 even had a little layer of dust on the bike and belongings as if it had been there for a day or two. Mind you it was a nice enough area it was parked in.

manbearpig 5th December 2017 11:02 AM

[quote=Kaos Theory;3510628]I get what you're saying but I was bombing through Germany years ago and when parked up one time we noticed a local leave his lid on the mirror of his bike and we asked was he not worried someone would rob it and he looked at us like we were mad.

Few of the lads left their lids and jockss on the bikes (I took mine, just felt so wrong) and we got lunch, came back an hour later to everything exactly how we left it.[/quote]

Exact same thing happened to me in South Africa. Had the jocks and helmet in my hand heading into a restaurant. . . all the locals left everything (even keys) on the bike.

Came out an hour or two later and everything was still there - starting doing it myself for the rest of the trip with no issues. . . It really is Ireland/UK robbing mentality.

The guards/cops have no time/interest in stopping petty crime. . . jail time should be longer and involve more punishment.

Bon Scott 5th December 2017 11:04 AM

Dirty thieving fucks.

manbearpig 5th December 2017 11:12 AM

Forget donedeal - start looking at adverts. I got my pushbike back after I found it stolen and then listed on adverts.

Guards were great - setup a sting and all.

shellier46 5th December 2017 10:24 PM

I do security in ifsc where exactly .hopefully i can help

cracker boy 5th December 2017 10:32 PM

[quote=shellier46;3510696]I do security in ifsc where exactly .hopefully i can help[/quote]

Cool..........could I have the plans of the entire grounds and a complete set of schematics for the security system please.

Whenever your ready.

downey 5th December 2017 10:47 PM

hope they die roaring,,nice lid an all

levin 5th December 2017 11:09 PM

Dirty cnuts but I would never leave a lid locked to a bike , havnt seen anyone do it in a long time tbh

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS