Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   imports post brexit (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=247207)

allsorts&oddjobs 11th January 2019 09:29 AM

imports post brexit

just wondering what the scenario will be after brexit for bringing in a UK bike ?, will there be huge jump in costs etc?
anyone any real clue?

SUGS 11th January 2019 09:56 AM

Re: imports post brexit

[quote=allsorts&oddjobs;3561648]just wondering what the scenario will be after brexit for bringing in a UK bike ?, will there be huge jump in costs etc?
anyone any real clue?[/quote]

Great question however no one really knows .... my take is ... crash out with no deal and its tariffs on all UK goods leaving the UK. Leave with deal then its business as usual for a period of time.

SoulX 11th January 2019 10:53 AM

The whole thing reminds me of the Y2K sham.Nobody knows wtf is going to happen but it wont stop them predicting planes falling out of the sky :lbhbh:
Wait and see I'd say,whatever happens you'll still get fucked over by someone.

orribleHorne 11th January 2019 11:17 AM

[quote=allsorts&oddjobs;3561648]just wondering what the scenario will be after brexit for bringing in a UK bike ?, will there be huge jump in costs etc?
anyone any real clue?[/quote]

Assume it'll be same as importing something from outside EU, like US or Japan, shouldn't be that much hassle. Having said that I think I'll try and get sorted before it happens

custom900 11th January 2019 01:52 PM

There would have to be a cut off point. I would say that anything in the UK registered pre brexit would be treated the same as now, as EU taxes are already paid. Anything post brexit will be the same as importing from anywhere else outside the EU.

gs plumy 11th January 2019 01:57 PM

VAT and VRT?

allsorts&oddjobs 11th January 2019 02:43 PM

[quote=custom900;3561670]There would have to be a cut off point. I would say that anything in the UK registered pre brexit would be treated the same as now, as EU taxes are already paid. Anything post brexit will be the same as importing from anywhere else outside the EU.[/quote]

dunno about that, i reckon the shower of cunts we have will tax it straightaway just to maximise the tax take, im tempted to get something now before the cost goes mental.

Holy Moly 11th January 2019 03:01 PM

[quote=orribleHorne;3561654]Assume it'll be same as importing something from outside EU, like US or Japan, shouldn't be that much hassle. Having said that I think I'll try and get sorted before it happens[/quote]

I think so too, but I also think they'll slap an emissions directive onto it as well. must be current emissions compliant - like the way all new cages must be euro6 etc .. they could specify it should be the same for all imports, exception for classics and the like. Bikes are euro 4 right now ?

allsorts&oddjobs 11th January 2019 08:45 PM

[quote=Holy Moly;3561684]I think so too, but I also think they'll slap an emissions directive onto it as well. must be current emissions compliant - like the way all new cages must be euro6 etc .. they could specify it should be the same for all imports, exception for classics and the like. Bikes are euro 4 right now ?[/quote]

Yup, makes sense but id say the japs will hardly make special bikes for the brits, most likely will be identical to all europe.

kad 11th January 2019 09:38 PM

Wonder how it'ill affect the likes of ordering bits an bobs..better finish the ol z quick

nednedned 11th January 2019 10:52 PM

For certain they will fcuk you this side. Invent a new tax.Labour are calling for an election. Who knows.

Rainman 17th January 2019 09:25 AM

[quote=Vjmc.Cork;3561652]The whole thing reminds me of the Y2K sham.Nobody knows wtf is going to happen but it wont stop them predicting planes falling out of the sky :lbhbh:
Wait and see I'd say,whatever happens you'll still get fucked over by someone.[/quote]

Commonly misunderstood, the Y2K issue would have been a disaster if it was ignored and not fixed, by those of us who worked 7 days a week at the end of the 90's to re-code the 12-bit field to a 4 byte container on crucial systems, (you're welcome).
What wasn't going on at the time, was a bunch of numpties, handbagging each other and arguing on how to fix the problem a month before all the chaos actually kicked off. Brexit on the other hand.........

RTV 17th January 2019 09:32 AM

[quote=Rainman;3562183]Commonly misunderstood, the Y2K issue would have been a disaster if it was ignored and not fixed, by those of us who worked 7 days a week at the end of the 90's to re-code the 12-bit field to a 4 byte container on crucial systems, (you're welcome).
What wasn't going on at the time, was a bunch of numpties, handbagging each other and arguing on how to fix the problem a month before all the chaos actually kicked off. Brexit on the other hand.........[/quote]

:thumbsup2: preach.

Not all heros wear capes :ninja: and people will never know how we avoided a world wide disaster.

cracker boy 17th January 2019 09:34 AM

Anyone have any German or Dutch websites to look for used bikes ??

custom900 17th January 2019 09:47 AM

Yes.

SoulX 17th January 2019 10:27 AM

[quote=Rainman;3562183]Commonly misunderstood, the Y2K issue would have been a disaster if it was ignored and not fixed, by those of us who worked 7 days a week at the end of the 90's to re-code the 12-bit field to a 4 byte container on crucial systems, (you're welcome).
What wasn't going on at the time, was a bunch of numpties, handbagging each other and arguing on how to fix the problem a month before all the chaos actually kicked off. Brexit on the other hand.........[/quote]

Thank you :smileee:
What I meant was nobody outside the inner circle really knew what was going on(computers were still a mystery to most ordinary folk at that time)but it didn't stop "experts" from coming on the radio fore-telling doom,with planes falling from the sky,fridges going into melt-down and toasters rising up like some kind of budget terminator re-make.I just wish the brits would get on with it cos I for one am sick to the back teeth of hearing about the whole thing.At the end of the day we're all going to get screwed either way.

nednedned 17th January 2019 11:25 AM

[quote=cracker boy;3562185]Anyone have any German or Dutch websites to look for used bikes ??[/quote]

Depends on your definition of a bike. :lbhbh:

chopper 18th January 2019 12:57 PM

[quote=nednedned;3562202]Depends on your definition of a bike. :lbhbh:[/quote]

pmsl

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS