Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   RIP Gay Byrne (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=250304)

PJ 4th November 2019 02:38 PM

RIP Gay Byrne

An iconic man.

[url]https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/my-bike-and-i-1.1309012[/url]

Jack stowage 4th November 2019 03:39 PM

Re: RIP Gay Bryne.

And a biker...kinda...R.I.P
[url=https://postimg.cc/21rRG6hB][img]https://i.postimg.cc/21rRG6hB/Gay-Byrne-10.jpg[/img][/url]

SUGS 4th November 2019 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=PJ;3582200]An iconic man.

[url]https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/my-bike-and-i-1.1309012[/url][/QUOTE]

..sad news and an icon for the broadcasting industry. I'll never forget his interview with P. Flynn .... gave him just enough rope to hang himself with.

NODSTER 4th November 2019 05:30 PM

I think Gaybo donated the Sportster to be raffled off for some charity and ended up buying a Deauville from Kennedy's in Drawda. Remember delivering to RTE in the 80's and walking through the admin building and who comes walking towards me, I felt all shy didn't know what to say as we met, think he knew and was most welcoming. A Gent in my book.

pedrosixfour 4th November 2019 05:35 PM

Oh, should I sit back, put me feet up and watch the scandals/victims stumble into the public domain then?

renniks 5th November 2019 07:50 AM

RIP Gaybo - total legend in broadcasting. The Late Late on Friday will be dedicated to him

Jack stowage 5th November 2019 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=renniks;3582240]RIP Gaybo - total legend in broadcasting. The Late Late on Friday will be dedicated to him[/QUOTE]

its tonight isnt it....:wassat:

PJ 5th November 2019 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=renniks;3582240]RIP Gaybo - total legend in broadcasting. The Late Late on Friday will be dedicated to him[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jack stowage;3582242]its tonight isnt it....:wassat:[/QUOTE]

Yip, its on tonight. :thumbsup2:

renniks 5th November 2019 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=Jack stowage;3582242]its tonight isnt it....:wassat:[/QUOTE]

Whoops! I heard it while only half awake in bed this morning!

moose loose aboot the hoose 5th November 2019 12:47 PM

Re: RIP Gay Byrne

My dog almost knocked him off his bicycle on Sandymount promenade a few years ago.
He proceeded to pet him and was very gracious.

R.I.P.

RubaDub 5th November 2019 09:34 PM

The passing of an Irish icon.... Was a real gent.

RIP Gay

seano 6th November 2019 12:10 AM

Did ye see Nell Mc Cafferty asking for a glass of water :lbhbh:

me2 6th November 2019 01:36 AM

[QUOTE=seano;3582288]Did ye see Nell Mc Cafferty asking for a glass of water :lbhbh:[/QUOTE]
Was that after she realised she'd no use for the condoms she smuggled back from the north? :lbhbh: :bag:

WhyTea 6th November 2019 07:16 AM

[QUOTE=seano;3582288]Did ye see Nell Mc Cafferty asking for a glass of water :lbhbh:[/QUOTE]
Awkward moment for Tubbs :lbhbh: He never did go back to her. Something in the water maybe? :rolleyes2:

allsorts&oddjobs 6th November 2019 08:33 AM

id say shes a bit more doolally than ever, could have said anything, safer to avoid her lol.

Gaybo was a gent in himself, met him onetime at the bike show in dublin, couldnt be nicer, was a brilliant show host too, the plank and turdbody couldnt hold a candle to him, especially for the toyshow imo.

RIP to an icon.

chopper 6th November 2019 10:26 AM

Meh .I think he was a cunt

Admin 6th November 2019 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=chopper;3582302]Meh .I think he was a cunt[/QUOTE]

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum :icon2:

Rip to uncle gaybo, a fellow biker and forum member possessed with remarkable eloquence and flowing dialogue empowered with interviewing hundreds of trending personalities over the decades, and who shaped and cultivated the minds of the many thousands that tuned in, back when things were all just fields and black and white.

The end of an era, which is no bad thing to be fair.

Most relics of the past, from black and white tv's / priests / orders from 'national institutions' over the years have crumbled to a more enlightened population with a much better grasp on reality and education, not as easily swayed or influenced by agendas of the state, media and its national broadcasters or regular content producers such as gaybo.

He had a fondly remembered contentious streak, like when the ratings were dwindling to pull a condom over your head, or invite Twink and the billy barry kids to pull some shit, but it was abundantly clear there was a subliminal ego being suppressed, that unfortunately sometimes manifested itself in a vulgar abuse of position and power while attempting to shape the illiterate proletariat's public perception with a prim and proper west-brit narrative of what was right and what was infact, wrong ; the gospel according to gaybo.

Different times back then, and essential viewing if you'd only 2 television channels (and whatever the local parish priest had to say at mass to stay informed) and obviously the main reason why RTE have flat-lined over the past 20yrs and are now in debt to the tune of 200million and no longer attracting any advertisers, but whatever about parading an english poppy about on stage and licking ian paisley's rectum while RTE were running subtitles for an apposing political party, his blatant bias and disparaging prejudice over the Annie Murphy expose was unforgivable.

Gaybo abused his position, playing a prime pivotal role on the collective conscience by orchestrating a 'burn her at the stake' witchhunt on live TV, in order to exonerate his lauded life-long Pal and multiple child rapist Bishop Eamon Casey, from any wrong doing in knocking up an innocent 24yr old girl over from America ;

[QUOTE]"If it's definitely his child, then I hope he's half the man his father is"[/QUOTE] [I]yes indeed, A right fine honorable gentleman to nail your colours to ;[/I]

[QUOTE]" It was rape, everything you imagine. It was the worst kind of abuse, it was horrific. "[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]" I stopped being able long ago to find any words in the English language to describe what happened to me. It was one horrific thing after another." ; [/QUOTE]
[I]Casey's niece, Patricia Donovan, now 56 - who was raped from the age of 5 by gaybos mate, who eventually died in 2017 without serving time, free to roam the planet abusing at least another 4 other children during this time[/I]

Certainly not his finest hour, but even following the child abuse revelations and admissions of guilt and financial settlements from Eamon Casey, as far as I'm aware - gaybo never apologised for his pious and loathsome stance and treatment of this woman who's only crime was telling the truth,. - different times I guess and you only have to listen to the gormless bible-bashing zombies in the audience below to gauge the general public's reaction and blinkered perceptions only 20yrs ago ;

Roll it again there Roisin ;

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU76r9gk8-I[/url]

The sooner all these auld fuckers have died off - the better, and our country can move on, people in power have abused their positions for decades and centuries and more often than not it was brushed under the carpet and covered up by the media, their pals, and politicians in government etc.

Last night was a missed opportunity in my book, as with the exception of our president, a small controlled demolition on the montrose studios would have been perfectly timed to eliminate 90% of the problems associated with RTE, reboot - then start again, it's not like you can just switch off and not pay the millions being commanded by these fuckers while the ordinary workers are struggling on the breadline; you risk going to jail even for the privilege of 'not' ever listening to their condescending oul bullshyte.

seano 6th November 2019 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=Admin;3582305]
The sooner all these auld fuckers have died off - the better, and our country can move on, people in power have abused their positions for decades and centuries and more often than not it was brushed under the carpet and covered up by the media, their pals, and politicians in government etc.
[/QUOTE]

And still happens, the absent politicians claiming travel expenses will be forgotten about shortly enough and nothing will be done about it, you or me would get done for fraud.

SUGS 6th November 2019 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Admin;3582305]The sooner all these auld fuckers have died off .[/QUOTE]

...to be replaced new era fuckers .... the wheel turns and will continue unless you break it.

Admin 6th November 2019 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=SUGS;3582310]...to be replaced new era fuckers .... the wheel turns and will continue unless you break it.[/QUOTE]

You can't change a generation of people who've had something literally beaten into them from an early age, and brainwashed over the wireless ever since, it's impossible.

At least technology gives the current wheel a variety of different options that their parents and (mainly) grandparents never had, It's not their fault, I know people that can't eat meat on a friday, it has a physiological affect that makes them sick even thinking about it.

Mad shit, that today's generation would never buy or fall for, but in another 20yrs - gone shit.

Big H 6th November 2019 12:54 PM

I see that you're on the fence in relation to his lifelong public broadcasting contribution so Bren.....:lbhbh:

r1 sean 6th November 2019 03:00 PM

Imho he was a cunt a west brit cunt ....

renniks 6th November 2019 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Admin;3582312]You can't change a generation of people who've had something literally beaten into them from an early age, and brainwashed over the wireless ever since, it's impossible.

At least technology gives the current wheel a variety of different options that their parents and (mainly) grandparents never had, It's not their fault, I know people that can't eat meat on a friday, it has a physiological affect that makes them sick even thinking about it.

Mad shit, that today's generation would never buy or fall for, but in another 20yrs - gone shit.[/QUOTE]

Nah, these days people will believe something they see posted on Bookface/youtube/forum etc which has no truth to it at all, be it the anti-vaccers or whatever. Every crackpot can put up what they like, and then other nutters can tag along until it snowballs into a 'movement' - much harder to do back in the day

renniks 6th November 2019 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=Admin;3582305]
Last night was a missed opportunity in my book, as with the exception of our president, a small controlled demolition on the montrose studios would have been perfectly timed to eliminate 90% of the problems associated with RTE, reboot - then start again, it's not like you can just switch off and not pay the millions being commanded by these fuckers while the ordinary workers are struggling on the breadline; you risk going to jail even for the privilege of 'not' ever listening to their condescending oul bullshyte.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you - the wages they are paying them clowns is ridiculous for what they do. Knocking a zero off the end of their salaries would be a step in the right direction!

me2 6th November 2019 05:05 PM

[QUOTE=Admin;3582305]De mortuis nihil nisi bonum :icon2:
[/QUOTE]Condolences are premature, somebody ought to drive a wooden stake through his heart...should it be discovered he ever had one. Its only from there the above quoted applies. What happened to me "slow down" post. :devil:

SoulX 6th November 2019 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=seano;3582308]And still happens, the absent politicians claiming travel expenses will be forgotten about shortly enough and nothing will be done about it, you or me would get done for fraud.[/QUOTE]

This country is run by criminals for criminals.Paedos are still in positions of power in this country and getting away with it.And now they want to bring in sex education for 4 yr olds.WTF like.:rolleyes2:
And Epstein didn't kill himself.

Admin 6th November 2019 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=SoulX;3582339]
Epstein didn't kill himself.[/QUOTE]

Epstein most likely isn't even dead, think about it - if you were him and had a tonne of incriminating evidence obtained from strategically placed cameras around paedo island recording drunken presidents, influential businessmen, politicians and in some cases royalty, banging underage kids, would you allow yourself to be killed by any one of them?

He wasn't stupid, had a lot of shit on people (bill clinton was there 26 times, and it wasn't for the views!) and would have a '[B]dead mans switch[/B]' to release everything to the media should he accidentally go sleeping with the fishes like Robert Maxwell, and would no doubt have made all relevant parties abundantly aware of this situation.

He was never going to do 'hard time', how else would a convicted paedo be free to roam the streets and islands of this world on day release from a prison, while purportedly serving an 18-month sentence for sex crimes involving underage girls ? Nobody else gets away with that.

Judges and Attorneys on that particular case in 2008 are publicly on record as being told that '[I]Epstein belongs to intelligence and was above their pay grade[/I]', National security, call it what you will, but this was an entrapment machine run by Mossad to wield power and influence over Washington.

That sick fuck is most likely right now drinking pina coladas, and riding kids at a 5-star compound out in the promised land.

seano 6th November 2019 06:32 PM

[QUOTE=SoulX;3582339]
And Epstein didn't kill himself.[/QUOTE]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P5_-JaIGIw[/url]

-alan- 6th November 2019 10:38 PM

[QUOTE=Admin;3582305]De mortuis nihil nisi bonum :icon2:

Rip to uncle gaybo, a fellow biker and forum member possessed with remarkable eloquence and flowing dialogue empowered with interviewing hundreds of trending personalities over the decades, and who shaped and cultivated the minds of the many thousands that tuned in, back when things were all just fields and black and white.

The end of an era, which is no bad thing to be fair.

Most relics of the past, from black and white tv's / priests / orders from 'national institutions' over the years have crumbled to a more enlightened population with a much better grasp on reality and education, not as easily swayed or influenced by agendas of the state, media and its national broadcasters or regular content producers such as gaybo.

He had a fondly remembered contentious streak, like when the ratings were dwindling to pull a condom over your head, or invite Twink and the billy barry kids to pull some shit, but it was abundantly clear there was a subliminal ego being suppressed, that unfortunately sometimes manifested itself in a vulgar abuse of position and power while attempting to shape the illiterate proletariat's public perception with a prim and proper west-brit narrative of what was right and what was infact, wrong ; the gospel according to gaybo.

Different times back then, and essential viewing if you'd only 2 television channels (and whatever the local parish priest had to say at mass to stay informed) and obviously the main reason why RTE have flat-lined over the past 20yrs and are now in debt to the tune of 200million and no longer attracting any advertisers, but whatever about parading an english poppy about on stage and licking ian paisley's rectum while RTE were running subtitles for an apposing political party, his blatant bias and disparaging prejudice over the Annie Murphy expose was unforgivable.

Gaybo abused his position, playing a prime pivotal role on the collective conscience by orchestrating a 'burn her at the stake' witchhunt on live TV, in order to exonerate his lauded life-long Pal and multiple child rapist Bishop Eamon Casey, from any wrong doing in knocking up an innocent 24yr old girl over from America ;

[I]yes indeed, A right fine honorable gentleman to nail your colours to ;[/I]

[I]Casey's niece, Patricia Donovan, now 56 - who was raped from the age of 5 by gaybos mate, who eventually died in 2017 without serving time, free to roam the planet abusing at least another 4 other children during this time[/I]

Certainly not his finest hour, but even following the child abuse revelations and admissions of guilt and financial settlements from Eamon Casey, as far as I'm aware - gaybo never apologised for his pious and loathsome stance and treatment of this woman who's only crime was telling the truth,. - different times I guess and you only have to listen to the gormless bible-bashing zombies in the audience below to gauge the general public's reaction and blinkered perceptions only 20yrs ago ;

Last night was a missed opportunity in my book, as with the exception of our president, a small controlled demolition on the montrose studios would have been perfectly timed to eliminate 90% of the problems associated with RTE, reboot - then start again, it's not like you can just switch off and not pay the millions being commanded by these fuckers while the ordinary workers are struggling on the breadline; you risk going to jail even for the privilege of 'not' ever listening to their condescending oul bullshyte.[/QUOTE]

At last. Thank God I'm not the only one who couldn't stand him. I know it's not good to speak ill of the dead - and I didn't know him personally - but the stance he took professionally with Annie Murphy, and similarly the way he chose to handle the infamous Gerry Adams interview ("'The most hated man in Ireland' - this after the start of the first IRA ceasefire btw) showed him in a pretty poor light.

When he came across as bitter and twisted like that - it was hard to tell whether it was just him acting as the mouthpiece for the official State line - or whether it was a personal vendetta he was on. Either way, he lost a lot of respect in a lot of places. Not a popular guy in the North, the oul ones loved him, but generally most of the men I knew couldn't stand him - and that was from across the board, not just the Provie fanboys.

The sooner the official RTE led 3 days of mourning or whatever it is ends, the better imho :thumbsup2:

Jack stowage 7th November 2019 08:24 AM

All our Ma's loved Gaybo....if he ever offended you it was more than likely with "words"....dont forget [B]you choose[/B] to be offended.....
But dont get me going on that Gerry Ryan cunt....i knew him....:shifty: