Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   VRT Inspection (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=250266)

torquey 29th October 2019 11:52 AM

VRT Inspection

Hi, anybody know if you r bike has to be completely together for the VRT inspection? I知 putting a good few bits and pieces on mine and I have an inspection tomorrow! I have the side fairings off and the front of it but clocks are working etc! Do I need to put it together to get it inspected as I知 not ready for it to be put back together as I知 still waiting on parts! Cheers

PADDYOT 29th October 2019 12:33 PM

Re: VRT Inspection

[QUOTE=torquey;3581943]Hi, anybody know if you r bike has to be completely together for the VRT inspection? I知 putting a good few bits and pieces on mine and I have an inspection tomorrow! I have the side fairings off and the front of it but clocks are working etc! Do I need to put it together to get it inspected as I知 not ready for it to be put back together as I知 still waiting on parts! Cheers[/QUOTE]

This will be interesting. In the spirit of bureaucracy I'd say try to have it all there but then again they're not bikers and wouldn't know an incomplete GSXR from a fully there Kwaker H2.

Can you postpone the inspection without incurring a penalty? Let us know either way how you get on.

Kaos Theory 29th October 2019 01:07 PM

I *think* once the bike runs and rides and they can see the frame & engine numbers you'll be OK.

Big H 29th October 2019 02:19 PM

As motorcycle VRT is based on engine cc & age, they won't give a fiddlers what it looks like once you have the foreign registration doc and a frame with an engine attached (and the numbers all match)....:thumbsup2:

seano 29th October 2019 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=Big H;3581967]As motorcycle VRT is based on engine cc & age, they won't give a fiddlers what it looks like once you have the foreign registration doc and a frame with an engine attached (and the numbers all match)....:thumbsup2:[/QUOTE]

This would be my opinion also, it not an nct they just want to check frame number and the mileage. They shouldn't give you crap about how it looks.

Gixxer 29th October 2019 03:40 PM

Some of the cunts insist on it running. Some even insist on it driving. I'm not sure either is the case, but try finding a non-imbecile working in a government department to tell you the truth...

seano 29th October 2019 04:57 PM

They're a shower of idiots alright, I remember the first time I brought a bike in for inspection the guy said he couldn't identify the vin because of rust, I licked my finger and wiped it and he still couldn't see it. I told him I'd call it out or he would just have to bend over and actually look

smas 29th October 2019 07:38 PM

Yep, last one in Ennis I had dropped the oil out before the vrt, as was planning to split the engine.
Trailered it in, and they insisted on seeing it running. I told my story, can稚 be started etc. but they still insisted.
Had to go off looking for oil and return and start it.

bandittom 29th October 2019 11:23 PM

The bike has to be ready to ride on the road. if they want you will have to start it and also may want to see it drive

TuneR 30th October 2019 07:23 AM

I had my last bike strapped up on trailer and asked him if he wanted it off; nope. Once he could get the frame number he was happy where it was, un-started too. Limerick centre.

RTV 30th October 2019 07:26 AM

They never asked me to run my bike, just had to turn the ingnition to the on position to show the milage on the display and that was about it.

Only checked for matching numbers on V5 and frame. But as the lads said, it'll probably be a lottery to see which folk you get.

Dominus Obsequious Sororium 30th October 2019 09:12 AM

My recent experience, turn on the ignition to confirm mileage, check the VIN...then look at the single seat, ask me if it's *actually* a single-seater, cross out the "2" she had put over my "1" in the "no. of seats" box...finally she told me that she was going to call the colour black, not the black/white I had filled in...??

menapia dude 30th October 2019 03:03 PM

have had 10 or more done last few years, has to be running not ridden here in wexford,frame and engine number must be same on v5,and visible

torquey 30th October 2019 03:40 PM

Cheers for all the feedback