Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Garage Security Aldi CCTV (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=247947)

cb400sf 11th March 2019 06:29 AM

Garage Security Aldi CCTV

Well, I was thinking of installing some CCTV on the garage in a bid to deter bike theft. Aldi have a system coming in this week.
[url]https://aldi.ie/p/011860271175400[/url]
Seems good value but is there anyone here has experience with CCTV? Is this system any good?

chrismon 11th March 2019 07:49 AM

Re: Garage Security Aldi CCTV

Cheap system!
You can spend what you like on cctv, for a basic system it looks grand to me.
Comes with the cables as well which is handy.

RTV 11th March 2019 08:55 AM

It'll do the job for sure. Make sure to put at least one out in the open so it can be seen. The most important thing about installing cameras is to act as a deterrent so they actually don't even try it and go to the next place.

faz1 11th March 2019 08:24 PM

There was way more responses to the lidly aldi plasma cutter, propably explains what we'd all prefer to have bestowed upon a robber!

The Ballad Of Lidl And Aldi [url]https://g.co/kgs/NHmGKe[/url]

SoulX 11th March 2019 09:18 PM

If you do put up cctv cameras be sure to stick a few signs up too.
If you don't,any video evidence is inadmissable and you'd be done for invading the scummers privacy.
Mad but true :rolleyes2:

Gixxer 11th March 2019 09:54 PM

It's a double-edged sword. If you have cameras everywhere and advertise the fact, scummers are going to think... "Oooooh, that cunt must have something expensive!"

Oh, and those cameras look shite.

DavyH 11th March 2019 10:46 PM

[quote=SoulX;3566718]If you do put up cctv cameras be sure to stick a few signs up too.
If you don't,any video evidence is inadmissable and you'd be done for invading the scummers privacy.
Mad but true :rolleyes2:[/quote]

Really is a stupid world we have to live in

[quote=Gixxer;3566719]It's a double-edged sword. If you have cameras everywhere and advertise the fact, scummers are going to think... "Oooooh, that cunt must have something expensive!"

Oh, and those cameras look shite.[/quote]

Agreed,youíre nearly better off having the side gate with rotten timber and barely hanging on the hinges. Especially seeing as the above means you canít be covert about having it anyway.

sidegrinder 12th March 2019 12:39 AM

cctv is great till they arrive hooded, boom.. you get to watch your bike get stolen over and over again by persons unknown. unless you're crafty at hiding the cameras they'll have scoped out your house long before they arrive so they'll sniff out the cameras, that is if you dont advertise them as mentioned earlier. if its cheap as chips sure why not, better to invest in solid doors that open from the inside i reckon.

me2 12th March 2019 12:41 AM

[quote=DavyH;3566725]Really is a stupid world we have to live in

Agreed,youíre nearly better off having the side gate with rotten timber and barely hanging on the hinges. Especially seeing as the above means you canít be covert about having it anyway.[/quote]
when the pigs are doin the rounds out my way, they don't ever give a flying fuck for the legality of any cctv they will ask for. Suppose there are different standards for criminal and civil law.

Id personally suggest to make the cctv discrete. To counter any potential claim after the fact by said scummers, erect a sign on front gate to restrict all right of access to callers by appointment only - basically no cold callers.

On subject of leafing, be very aware that cctv systems, or even parts thereof are too often the target of the hoist.

sidegrinder 12th March 2019 12:56 AM

cctv is great till they arrive hooded, boom.. you get to watch your bike get stolen over and over again by persons unknown. unless you're crafty at hiding the cameras they'll have scoped out your house long before they arrive so they'll sniff out the cameras, that is if you dont advertise them as mentioned earlier. if its cheap as chips sure why not, better to invest in solid doors that open from the inside i reckon.

cb400sf 12th March 2019 08:07 AM

Thanks for all the feedback lads, good to hear peoples opinions on CCTV. I would have always thought it was a good thing to have and would act as a deterrent but I can also see what ye mean about it giving off the impression that there is something worth taking! :bikerie:

Japcati 12th March 2019 09:04 AM

Motion activated sensor lights linked to a cctv system with invisible line threshold. Then you get a notification to your phone the second the threshold is triggered.
Then you can run out swinging a baseball bat.

It all only acts as a deterrent....and nothing more.

paudy 12th March 2019 10:12 AM

[quote=me2;3566735]when the pigs are doin the rounds out my way, they don't ever give a flying fuck for the legality of any cctv they will ask for. Suppose there are different standards for criminal and civil law.

Id personally suggest to make the cctv discrete. To counter any potential claim after the fact by said scummers, erect a sign on front gate to restrict all right of access to callers by appointment only - basically no cold callers.

On subject of leafing, be very aware that cctv systems, or even parts thereof are too often the target of the hoist.[/quote]

you would want to be very careful about that, they dont give a fuck, because its yours and your responsibility, so if anyone takes offence to the footage it is you that will be dealing with the fallout,

Jack stowage 12th March 2019 01:58 PM

CCTV is great until the scum trips over youe jack in the dark and bursts his head open.....[I]"Had an accident that wasnt your fault"[/I]...Kinnahan Lawyers can help...:smileee:

faz1 12th March 2019 07:58 PM

[quote=Japcati;3566752]Motion activated sensor lights linked to a cctv system with invisible line threshold. Then you get a notification to your phone the second the threshold is triggered.
Then you can run out swinging a baseball bat.

I[B][I]t all only acts as a deterrent....and nothing more[/I][/B].[/quote]

What, the baseball bat??

tuono1 12th March 2019 08:47 PM

Just get a German sheppard and a jack russell , you will have two good friends to talk to, and if someone breaks in one can grab him by the ankle and the other by the throat while you kick him in the balls.

me2 12th March 2019 08:54 PM

[quote=paudy;3566761]you would want to be very careful about that, they dont give a fuck, because its yours and your responsibility, so if anyone takes offence to the footage it is you that will be dealing with the fallout,[/quote]

When put that way, ya make a very compelling argument, soo's yeah, no contest.

SoulX 12th March 2019 09:15 PM

[quote=tuono1;3566803]Just get a German sheppard and a jack russell , you will have two good friends to talk to, and if someone breaks in one can grab him by the ankle and the other by the throat while you kick him in the balls.[/quote]

Just remember if there's no body,there's no crime :bag:

felixonagoldwing 12th March 2019 10:29 PM

Like the idea of CCTV but I've 8 dogs so don't get many cold callers

cb400sf 13th March 2019 07:41 AM

[quote=tuono1;3566803]Just get a German sheppard and a jack russell , you will have two good friends to talk to, and if someone breaks in one can grab him by the ankle and the other by the throat while you kick him in the balls.[/quote]

Ha ha, I have a Jack Russell and he is more likely to lick them to death then bite them, he is a friendly little fellow!

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS