Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Mini Rant!!! (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=247526)

cracker boy 10th February 2019 03:28 PM

Mini Rant!!!

Feckin tax disc got clepped off the bike today. The feckers just broke off the fairly sturdy metal holder that was bolted to the rear of my bike.

Feckin feckers.......

Rant over!!

kwackquack 10th February 2019 04:02 PM

Re: Mini Rant!!!

What could you use a stolen disc for any?

manbearpig 10th February 2019 04:13 PM

[quote=kwackquack;3564017]What could you use a stolen disc for any?[/quote]

Garda tax checks is all - scummers will always be scum

PADDYOT 10th February 2019 04:20 PM

After the second time that happened to me I stopped using holders. Now I just get the disc laminated and stick it to the back of the numberplate. It's easier to steal but at least I dont risk them damaging the bike taking it and I haven't lost a €20 holder. Haven't had one nicked since I started doing this. There'll be someone along shortly to tell you to carry the disc in your wallet.

Jofass 10th February 2019 05:20 PM

Report it lost whenever you get a chance anyway... just in case you get stopped etc

cracker boy 10th February 2019 05:30 PM

[quote=Jofass;3564020]Report it lost whenever you get a chance anyway... just in case you get stopped etc[/quote]

Already got the form filled out and stamped in the Garda Station............down to the local tax office tomorrow to find out how much the thieving scumbag has cost me.

I think I'll just laminate the new one and keep it in my tank bag.

Honda boi 10th February 2019 06:18 PM

Could you get away with photocopying the tax disc and leaving the photocopied version on the bike and keep the original in your wallet or something?

SoulX 10th February 2019 06:22 PM

[quote=Honda boi;3564022]Could you get away with photocopying the tax disc and leaving the photocopied version on the bike and keep the original in your wallet or something?[/quote]

You'll get done for fraud.
Keeping it in your wallet gets you a charge of failing to display.

hornethead 10th February 2019 06:29 PM

Mines been taken twice, i keep it in my wallet since. I have been stopped at 3 seperate checkpoints and never had any hassle with showing them it from my wallet. Explained that it was stolen twice and no issues.

RobbieBeGood 10th February 2019 07:17 PM

[quote=hornethead;3564024]Mines been taken twice, i keep it in my wallet since. I have been stopped at 3 seperate checkpoints and never had any hassle with showing them it from my wallet. Explained that it was stolen twice and no issues.[/quote]
This. The Gards know it's an issue and understand someone keeping it on their person. To follow the letter of the law, it should be displayed on the vehicle but the onus is that the tax is paid and current.

kwackquack 10th February 2019 07:45 PM

Always have it with my insurance papers and never had any hassle about non display but is the reg not on it so it would be kinda useless to anyone else?
Never actually paid attention to it and I haven't seen mine in over a year

cracker boy 10th February 2019 08:01 PM

The problem then becomes fuckin parking fines.........
(the Naas wardens can do ya for non display of tax)

bandit_eile 10th February 2019 08:34 PM

I got given mine in a disk holder when I bought the bike. Kept meaning to screw it on but just left it in my bike jocks pocket.

On the day of the test, tester said (without prompting) "Is your tax on the bike or do you keep it on your person?"

So if it was good enough for him...

me2 10th February 2019 08:35 PM

[quote=PADDYOT;3564019]After the second time that happened to me I stopped using holders. Now I just get the disc laminated and stick it to the back of the numberplate. It's easier to steal but at least I dont risk them damaging the bike taking it and I haven't lost a 20 holder. Haven't had one nicked since I started doing this. There'll be someone along shortly to tell you to carry the disc in your wallet.[/quote]
Naw, but knew a bike gurrier that had his attached to the key ring.

seano 10th February 2019 08:39 PM

[quote=me2;3564036]Naw, but knew a bike gurrier that had his attached to the key ring.[/quote]

Thats clever, solves both problems, only it would be big and awkward if flat, maybe put it into one of those round tax holders.

Dirtyshirt 10th February 2019 09:43 PM

Impossible to get them tubular disk holders any more since the UK stopped using them. Indeed, there are few places on most bikes to stick any sort of tax disk holder on without damaging bodywork.
Do we need tax disks really? ANPR should do away with need for it. If we don't need insurance disks on a bike then surely the same should be the case for motorcycles? Or else come up with a german style sticker thing that goes on the numberplate?

pedrosixfour 10th February 2019 09:55 PM

Always put the previous year's discs in the holders, along with a note to say that the current discs are kept on my person.

I wouldn't copy the current discs and fit them to the bikes as that is considered fraud, plus a little fuckwit probably won't see it's a copy and have it along with the holder.

cracker boy 10th February 2019 11:21 PM

I'm just glad it wasn't screwed onto anything plastic!!

Do I have to pay for the full years tax again??

FuzzyWuzzyWazza 10th February 2019 11:34 PM

[quote=cracker boy;3564048]I'm just glad it wasn't screwed onto anything plastic!!

Do I have to pay for the full years tax again??[/quote]
The cost for a replacement disk is 6, I wish I didn't know this :doh::bag::bag:

bandittom 10th February 2019 11:35 PM

[quote=FuzzyWuzzyWazza;3564049]The cost for a replacement disk is 6, I wish I didn't know this :doh::bag::bag:[/quote]

Ya, 6.

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS