Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR? (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=247507)

Darnava 7th February 2019 10:26 PM

Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

Hi all.

Been off air for awhile as I sold the bike due to work/no time etc. Thought id handle it but fook no. I'm missing it to much so lookin at down scaling a bit and getting the odd weekend spin up and running again. Couldn't justify the big one wasting away in the shed.

Anyone on here have a VFR 800x crossrunner/dresser machine? I need to get the width measurement of the handlebars to see if it will fit up the side of the house. Some site specs are saying 31.5 inches but that might be the mirrors. over 30 inches wide and i'm beat (which limits things). Anyone do the honours and measure tip to tip of bars please? :thumbsup2:

NODSTER 8th February 2019 01:35 AM

Re: Sold me bike - Couldn't stay away - buying again. VFR?

The revised current VFR800F was reviewed with glowing kudos in RIDE (Jan 19) and I see RPM in Drawda have a ride away deal for 12,500 hard earned beer vouchers

tankas 8th February 2019 03:45 AM

I will measure it for you, later today, after work.

Darnava 8th February 2019 08:15 AM

[quote=NODSTER;3563893]The revised current VFR800F was reviewed with glowing kudos in RIDE (Jan 19) and I see RPM in Drawda have a ride away deal for 12,500 hard earned beer vouchers[/quote]

Yes, there are a few advertising that i see. However, that's well out of my league, and just for the weekend blasts I do I cant justify investing that. Im looking at maybe 2011-13 crossrunner but fitment might be a prob, hence my post. :thumbsup2:

If that doesnt work I might just go with the VFR 800f with risers, as I know that will go up the side of the house.:thumbsup2:

jp biker 8th February 2019 08:33 AM

[quote=Darnava;3563899]Yes, there are a few advertising that i see. However, that's well out of my league, and just for the weekend blasts I do I cant justify investing that. Im looking at maybe 2011-13 crossrunner but fitment might be a prob, hence my post. :thumbsup2:

If that doesnt work I might just go with the VFR 800f with risers, as I know that will go up the side of the house.:thumbsup2:[/quote]

Ccs have a nice vfr in at the min also jp motorcycles have an older 1

Darnava 8th February 2019 08:44 AM

[quote=tankas;3563896]I will measure it for you, later today, after work.[/quote]

Cheers tankas.
While your at it, can you take the height from the ground to the bottom of the bars as well please? Much appreciated :thumbsup2:

I'd move the house and wall apart if I could but don't think the misses be to impressed. :lbhbh:

Darnava 8th February 2019 08:59 AM

[quote=jp biker;3563901]Ccs have a nice vfr in at the min also jp motorcycles have an older 1[/quote]

Ya. There's a few around alright, just holding tough for a week or two ta see my options. There's always a few around in any case, it's just picking the right one.

ENGLISH 8th February 2019 09:29 AM

[quote=Darnava;3563887]Hi all.

Been off air for awhile as I sold the bike due to work/no time etc. Thought id handle it but fook no. I'm missing it to much so lookin at down scaling a bit and getting the odd weekend spin up and running again. Couldn't justify the big one wasting away in the shed.

Anyone on here have a VFR 800x crossrunner/dresser machine? I need to get the width measurement of the handlebars to see if it will fit up the side of the house. Some site specs are saying 31.5 inches but that might be the mirrors. over 30 inches wide and i'm beat (which limits things). Anyone do the honours and measure tip to tip of bars please? :thumbsup2:[/quote]

Divide the overwidth by two and cut same off each end of the bars. May have to play around with different bar ends .

tankas 8th February 2019 03:52 PM

[quote=Darnava;3563902]Cheers tankas.
While your at it, can you take the height from the ground to the bottom of the bars as well please? Much appreciated :thumbsup2:

I'd move the house and wall apart if I could but don't think the misses be to impressed. :lbhbh:[/quote]

Hey, it's 27.5 inches without handle bar end weights, mine got hand guards, which are well wider than average weights...
41.5 inches to the ground while the bike on the centre stand, but this shouldn't influence much as the front wheel still on the ground.
P.S. I'm selling mine as I've got Tracer waiting till the Honda finds new home, it's advertised here as well.

tankas 8th February 2019 04:14 PM

[quote=Darnava;3563887]Hi all.
Some site specs are saying 31.5 inches but that might be the mirrors... [/quote]

Mirrors on mine a bit over 36", but it has mirror risers and extenders.

Taraxius 8th February 2019 04:17 PM

[quote=tankas;3563941]P.S. I'm selling mine as I've got Tracer waiting till the Honda finds new home, it's advertised here as well.[/quote]

Better hope hes a paying member that donates or else you cant get a sale... Be a shame if you miss out on your own sale after paying for the buy and sell page :doh::lbhbh:

Darnava 9th February 2019 12:01 PM

[quote=tankas;3563941]Hey, it's 27.5 inches without handle bar end weights, mine got hand guards, which are well wider than average weights...
41.5 inches to the ground while the bike on the centre stand, but this shouldn't influence much as the front wheel still on the ground.
P.S. I'm selling mine as I've got Tracer waiting till the Honda finds new home, it's advertised here as well.[/quote]

Thanks for doing the honours tankas. assuming its a pre 2015 model. 27.5 would work alright i think. It just dawned on me there s well that the mirrors on those crossrunners are fixed, are they? As in, they don't fold in when required.

With that, I cant get into to the 'for sale' to section. restricted for some reason..

tankas 9th February 2019 03:02 PM

Yeap, end of 2013. It's also on done deal in Co. Meath. And yes it has a fixed mirrors, but by removing extenders would drop a few inches, it's posible to fold to a degree so shouldn't be an issue for you. P.s. I will make a deal for forum members.

Darnava 9th February 2019 05:21 PM

[quote=tankas;3563980]Yeap, end of 2013. It's also on done deal in Co. Meath. And yes it has a fixed mirrors, but by removing extenders would drop a few inches, it's posible to fold to a degree so shouldn't be an issue for you. P.s. I will make a deal for forum members.[/quote]

Sound. That would probably have to be a savage deal for me though.:thumbsup2: