Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   One way street penalty points (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=247436)

Tonio50 2nd February 2019 10:13 AM

One way street penalty points

Was stopped going down a one way at the back of Westland Row. Guard was fair and took my details...all no problem

Got the fixed notice saying contravention of a traffic sign...grand

60 euro.....grand.....2 penalty points....not grand

Failure to comply with prohibitory traffic signs is 1 point

Going down one way street is 1 point

[url]http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Licensed%20Drivers/Penalty%20Point%20offences%20as%20of%2026%20October%202018.pdf[/url]

Called fixed penalty office.....nice lady said don't pay it until you sort it coz if you pay the 60 you're accepting the points. She told me to call the Guard directly. She also said that the Guard has no discretion re the amount of points. Once he ticks the offence box it's automatic.

Got his name and called the station Pearce St and left a message...no call back as yet. One lady Guard at the station said maybe he entered the wrong code of something

I don't mind paying and getting the points but would prefer the 1 point

Am I missing something....is it actually 2 points?

Cheers

jic44 2nd February 2019 10:33 AM

Re: One way street penalty points

If there was a one way sign you disobeyed a prohibatory sign for one point and another for going down the one way. Maybe he stung ya twice

Tonio50 2nd February 2019 10:49 AM

[quote=jic44;3563459]If there was a one way sign you disobeyed a prohibatory sign for one point and another for going down the one way. Maybe he stung ya twice[/quote]

That's what I thought but he would had to put both infringements on the fine and it would be double the money

The lady Guard told me to go to court and sort it there. I'd rather avoid that in case I end up with 4 points:rolleyes2:

sharpbikes 2nd February 2019 10:58 AM

no chance the case could be thrown out due to garda making an error in his report?

Dirtyshirt 2nd February 2019 01:03 PM

Talk to a solicitor mate.

cracker boy 2nd February 2019 01:08 PM

[quote=Dirtyshirt;3563468]Talk to a solicitor mate.[/quote]

Absofuckinlutely!!

Ultrap3 2nd February 2019 01:29 PM

You got two tickets with 1 point on each?

If so, as they both relate to the same incident at the same place & time you will only receive the higher points, which in this case is one point.

For example if you were caught speeding (3 points) & had a baldy tyre (2 points), two tickets are issued, you pay both fines but only receive 3 points, not 5.

HTH

Tonio50 2nd February 2019 02:00 PM

[quote=Ultrap3;3563470]You got two tickets with 1 point on each?

If so, as they both relate to the same incident at the same place & time you will only receive the higher points, which in this case is one point.

For example if you were caught speeding (3 points) & had a baldy tyre (2 points), two tickets are issued, you pay both fines but only receive 3 points, not 5.

HTH[/quote]

Only got 1 ticket "contravention of a traffic sign"

One fine but got 2 points

The comb over kid 2nd February 2019 04:03 PM

Pure bad luck, 90% of the time that turns safe. I always double check before i turn there:bag:

Gixxer 2nd February 2019 04:33 PM

Did you not tell the cunt you were only going one way?

bandittom 2nd February 2019 06:51 PM

[quote=Dirtyshirt;3563468]Talk to a solicitor mate.[/quote]

As he says, go to a solicitor.

DavyH 2nd February 2019 07:02 PM

[quote=Tonio50;3563456]Was stopped going down a one way at the back of Westland Row. Guard was fair and took my details...all no problem

Got the fixed notice saying contravention of a traffic sign...grand

60 euro.....grand.....2 penalty points....not grand

Failure to comply with prohibitory traffic signs is 1 point

Going down one way street is 1 point

[url]http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Licensed%20Drivers/Penalty%20Point%20offences%20as%20of%2026%20October%202018.pdf[/url]

Called fixed penalty office.....nice lady said don't pay it until you sort it coz if you pay the 60 you're accepting the points. She told me to call the Guard directly. She also said that the Guard has no discretion re the amount of points. Once he ticks the offence box it's automatic.

Got his name and called the station Pearce St and left a message...no call back as yet. One lady Guard at the station said maybe he entered the wrong code of something

I don't mind paying and getting the points but would prefer the 1 point

Am I missing something....is it actually 2 points?

Cheers[/quote]

Yeah thatís wrong,worst case scenario it should have been 1 point....Iíd follow it up,getting 2 points is just a little too close to an insurance hike

eirehead 2nd February 2019 07:32 PM

I got booked a couple of years back. Garda told me he was booking me for crossing hatchlines. A 2 point offence. When the letter arrived I'd been done for crossing a continuous white line. 3 points! All the stuff I read on the subject said, suck it up. You'll get doubled in court, and Garda error essentially doesn't exist.

woodsman 2nd February 2019 07:46 PM

[quote=eirehead;3563504]I got booked a couple of years back. Garda told me he was booking me for crossing hatchlines. A 2 point offence. When the letter arrived I'd been done for crossing a continuous white line. 3 points! All the stuff I read on the subject said, suck it up. You'll get doubled in court, and Garda error essentially doesn't exist.[/quote]

Think they gave you my points as well that day.:doh:

Benzene 2nd February 2019 07:51 PM

149,426 INCORRECTLY ISSUED summonses.

14,736 wrongful convictions.

1,458,221 breath tests that never happened.

Safe to say Gardai have erred ever so slightly - consistently.

:cop_light:

HurricaneDream 2nd February 2019 10:17 PM

[quote=Ultrap3;3563470]You got two tickets with 1 point on each?

HTH[/quote]

You just explained my last ticket .

Yeah you get stung with the highest point charge .

guod 2nd February 2019 11:13 PM

Youíre going down a one way the wrong way? What the fuck are you thinking? Youíre in a position of being in the right and someone has to be sorry for you?

Gixxer 2nd February 2019 11:23 PM

[quote=guod;3563529]Youíre going down a one way the wrong way? What the fuck are you thinking? Youíre in a position of being in the right and someone has to be sorry for you?[/quote]

I think he was distracted by yer ma blowing him at the time :thumbsup2:

me2 3rd February 2019 02:30 AM

[quote=Gixxer;3563530]I think he was distracted by yer ma blowing him at the time :thumbsup2:[/quote]
Gowan ya durty jackeen hewer.

The comb over kid 3rd February 2019 07:40 AM

[quote=guod;3563529]Youíre going down a one way the wrong way? What the fuck are you thinking? Youíre in a position of being in the right and someone has to be sorry for you?[/quote]

Its a quiet side street,push bike couriers do it all the time..

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS