Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Ndls (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=249496)

Unfazed 12th August 2019 05:24 PM

Ndls

WTF, to get my driving licence renewed I either wait 2 weeks for an appointment or walk in and take a chance which they do not recommend and now must wait another 8 to 10 days to have it posted to me. :rolleyes2:

They send me a letter to tell me my licence is due for renewal and I need the following :
Proof of address, but the letter they sent me or the licence I am renewing will not suffice as proof of address, they need an utility bill.
Photographic proof of who I am, but the licence I am renewing will not suffice even though my picture is on it, they need my passport.

Along with all that crap they need a Medical cert to retain the Small truck and trailer licence, but never tell me until I am at the counter that it is required and which will cost me an extra €35 to have added later.

A full Class A licence will not suffice to cover all two wheeled transport you need to include AM, A1, A2 also

The VRT is the same, I was paying them money to import a bike, but they wanted proof of my address before they would take the money, yet I am registering the bike to my home address.

Both NDLS and VRT need proof of PPS number, we are in the electronic age FFS, surely they should be able to check it.

WTF is going on? Am I missing something :doh: The electronic age and everything takes twice as long.

The same with road accidents someone gets killed because someone pulls out in front of them and they put camera vans in the area to slow you down yet the accident was not due to speeding, it was some dopey cunt who didn't look before pulling out in front of the rider/driver. They do not differentiate between the types of accidents.
Why not put up signs saying "Beware of dopey cunts for the next 3km"

Give me patience :mad2:
Rant over

PADDYOT 12th August 2019 06:06 PM

Re: Ndls

[quote=Unfazed;3577888]

A full Class A licence will not suffice to cover all two wheeled transport you need to include AM, A1, A2 also

[/quote]

Could you elaborate on this? You mean you have to 'tick all the boxes ' on the form?

I've been going to the same dentist for the past 20 years and they still hand me the same form to fill out at EVERY visit. Do you seriously think my DOB has changed since I was last here?:rolleyes2:

SoulX 12th August 2019 07:10 PM

I walked in to the one in Mallow a while back and I was only waiting about 10 mins.
My old paper licence was ripped so yer man needed me to get a cop to sign a form before he could proceed.
That meant me going away and making an appointment for a few days after.
So after spending a fair while trying to find an open cop station,it was a bank holiday weekend,I got a ban-garda,who I'd never met,to confirm I was me.:rolleyes2:
It's fuckin ridiculous.
When my daughter passed her cage test she rang them and they said it would be 6 weeks for an appointment.
You can't take off the L plate until you get your full licence in your hand so she was fairly pissed off.
The following saturday she went in to the Mallow one and sat there till they saw her.It was only about 30 mins so not too bad.
The whole thing is a cluster-fuck,as usual.

Unfazed 12th August 2019 08:05 PM

[quote=PADDYOT;3577889]Could you elaborate on this? You mean you have to 'tick all the boxes ' on the form?:[/quote]

Yep tick all the boxes :rolleyes2:

CodeJACK 12th August 2019 08:35 PM

Please run for president or something cause the plan of signs warning of thicks for the next three km is far better than the speeding bullshit that get way too much air. Thick coonts all over the roads

vifferman 13th August 2019 12:16 AM

I renewed my passport online last month. Took the photos with my phone and had the new passport in the post 3 days later.
If you can get a passport that easy WTF is the story with NDLS bullshit.:rolleyes2:

tankas 13th August 2019 06:57 AM

I went in Drogheda's office two weeks ago for the live que, without an appointment. It took me about 30-40min, though the screens were saying average wait will be 1h15m...
And then I was told it will take about 6 weeks to receive the license due to brexit crap, but it took 2 weeks and couple days. Got confirmation text it's in the post & when to expect.

Jack stowage 13th August 2019 09:10 AM

Jesus..someone got out of the wrong side of the bench this morning...........:lbhbh:

RTV 13th August 2019 11:20 AM

In Cork at least I always just walked in and never waited more than 10/15 mins... online bookings take 30' chunks I think and the whole process doesn't take that long at all, so for every online booking, you're most likely to be able to squeeze in unless you hit toilet break :D

Jack stowage 13th August 2019 01:16 PM

Some people are just too laz...sorry "important" to waste a half hour every ten years on something so trivial.....bet he's wasted more time queing in McD's....:lbhbh:

My First Suzuki 13th August 2019 02:03 PM

I'm just about to renew my licence. Looking at the NDLS website it would appear that my PSC card will cover all of the identification issues. I know that I didn't have any problems when I renewed my licence three years ago either (I can only get a three year licence because of my medical issues & the fact that I hold both a bus & a HGV licence). There wasn't any drama three years ago & I don't expect any drama this time either. Just fill the forms in fully & properly, bring your old licence & PSC card & pay the man. Simples!!

johnny b 13th August 2019 03:24 PM

[quote=Jack stowage;3577940]Some people are just too laz...sorry "important" to waste a half hour every ten years on something so trivial.....bet he's wasted more time queing in McD's....:lbhbh:[/quote]

Ah now don't get me started on Mc Donalds!
They don't have real people serve you any more, they have card machines that are touch screen.
They won't take cash in the machine.
So it takes twice as long to get cold chips now so they can treat you like a number and employ less staff.

Mc Donalds rant over!:)

Jack stowage 13th August 2019 03:26 PM

[quote=johnny b;3577956]Ah now don't get me started on BANKS!
They don't have real people serve you any more, they have card machines that are touch screen.
They won't take cash in the machine.
So it takes twice as long to get cold cash now so they can treat you like a number and employ less staff.

Mc Allbanks rant over!:)[/quote]

FTFY........:lbhbh:

cloghan0 13th August 2019 03:27 PM

Two and a half hours wait in the NDLS office to renew my license last time without an appointment. :smileee:

My First Suzuki 13th August 2019 05:41 PM

[quote=cloghan0;3577958]Two and a half hours wait in the NDLS office to renew my license last time without an appointment. :smileee:[/quote]

I can't get an appointment until two days before my licence expires next month so I'm going to chance my arm & queue up. If I have to wait a bit I'll get over it :thumbsup2:

cloghan0 13th August 2019 08:41 PM

Take note of the waiting time and grab a coffee and a cake. Theres a nice place down the lane beside the NDLS on the same side. Lovely coffee.