Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Kawasaki clutch basket holder - Load of please :-) (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=249475)

CodeJACK 9th August 2019 09:32 PM

Kawasaki clutch basket holder - Load of please :-)

Wondering if anyone has one I can borrow?

I have the "vice grips" universal thing but the bolt is so tight, its starting to cause a little wear on the basket.
Im fitting the slipper clutch off the newer model so dont care too much about the damage but the correct tool for the job is always better. Im worried the basket will break altogether and then im screwed.

Cheers

DavyH 9th August 2019 09:36 PM

Re: Kawasaki clutch basket holder - Load of please :-)

Iíve a battery impact gun that should get it off,gimme a shout tomorrow

CodeJACK 9th August 2019 09:47 PM

Cheers man, I have an air impact with supposed 1200nm undo capacity but.... In classic cabbage form, I can't find my 30mm socket. Tried with a 32 but not enough bite on it lol. I'll pick up a 30 in the morning and try again but was gonna chance my arm looking for propper basket holder cause of the wear that the universal one caused.

With the right socket do ya wreckon I'd get away with just an impact and no holder?

DavyH 9th August 2019 09:54 PM

[quote=CodeJACK;3577749]Cheers man, I have an air impact with supposed 1200nm undo capacity but.... In classic cabbage form, I can't find my 30mm socket. Tried with a 32 but not enough bite on it lol. I'll pick up a 30 in the morning and try again but was gonna chance my arm looking for propper basket holder cause of the wear that the universal one caused.

With the right socket do ya wreckon I'd get away with just an impact and no holder?[/quote]

Iíd say so,tip ex the nut and shaft so you have an idea where it should be fastened back to,ideally you should torque it up but without the tool that ainít gonna be possible

CodeJACK 9th August 2019 09:58 PM

Sound, cheers Davy

CodeJACK 10th August 2019 12:05 PM

Got it off this morning but had to use the basket grips I have. Minimal damage done really.
Took a fair bit to get it off.

Cheers

jic44 11th August 2019 09:34 AM

The correct tool for the job is aleays better so you used a 32mm socket instead of a 30 on a clutch. Could you not find the water pump pliers either?

CodeJACK 11th August 2019 10:41 AM

eh, no, i got the right socket and got the job done :thumbsup2:

ascalon 12th August 2019 11:59 AM

Sorry mate, only seeing this now.

I have an EBC one, worked on my ZXR, should work on yours.

CodeJACK 12th August 2019 01:01 PM

[quote=ascalon;3577866]Sorry mate, only seeing this now.

I have an EBC one, worked on my ZXR, should work on yours.[/quote]

Ah, thanks for the offer but got sorted in the end. Once I had the basket off, I could see properly where the universal one was failing. it was not properly slotting into the ramps of the basket. Quick modification with a grinder and I was able to torque the new basket to the needed 135NM. Sorted :thumbsup2: