Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Brainless wanktards on facebook organise protest (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=249427)

Alesi27 6th August 2019 12:28 PM

Brainless wanktards on facebook organise protest

I think (actually, I hope) I may have been a victim of a massive practical joke on the book of faces.

More so because I haven't seen anything on here about it, maybe there is a reason for that and I'm about to get destroyed, but I won't know unless I try, so here goes...

Lots of links were being posted to a proposed biker protest on the M50/Red Cow Roundabout (does that even still exist?) on Sept 8th, urging bikers to attend in huge numbers to protest.

I foolishly asked what the protest was for, and got a longwinded answer that went from TV licenses and water charges, through to lack of funding for health services in the south east, referencing "ethnic minorities" and lots of other stuff, most of which contradicted each other, but nothing on biker issues. I got into a conversation with one of the posters (whose FB profile led me to believe he was himself descended from an Irish ethnic minority, all the more strange) about how most of this didn't add up and maybe we'd be better being a bit more focused. VAT on helmets, condition of roads and responsibility for same, more incentives on getting people out of cages and on to bikes on congestion grounds, that sort of stuff.

To be fair I ripped the shit out of all the points they were quoting... but it was a mess. They were literally looking for a "Down with this sort of thing" only with added bikers and racism.

Then the original poster removed himself from the group, and apparently all links to the whole thing seem to have vanished, or else they have cleverly just blocked me (and other bikers) from this subject all across the worldwideinterwebnetthing.

Was I dreaming all this? Did anyone else see it, and does anyone know what the point of all this was?

Confused.com-in-Cork.

jp biker 6th August 2019 12:53 PM

Re: proposed M50 biker/taxes/racist/TV licence protest

[quote=Alesi27;3577467]I think (actually, I hope) I may have been a victim of a massive practical joke on the book of faces.

More so because I haven't seen anything on here about it, maybe there is a reason for that and I'm about to get destroyed, but I won't know unless I try, so here goes...

Lots of links were being posted to a proposed biker protest on the M50/Red Cow Roundabout (does that even still exist?) on Sept 8th, urging bikers to attend in huge numbers to protest.

I foolishly asked what the protest was for, and got a longwinded answer that went from TV licenses and water charges, through to lack of funding for health services in the south east, referencing "ethnic minorities" and lots of other stuff, most of which contradicted each other, but nothing on biker issues. I got into a conversation with one of the posters (whose FB profile led me to believe he was himself descended from an Irish ethnic minority, all the more strange) about how most of this didn't add up and maybe we'd be better being a bit more focused. VAT on helmets, condition of roads and responsibility for same, more incentives on getting people out of cages and on to bikes on congestion grounds, that sort of stuff.

To be fair I ripped the shit out of all the points they were quoting... but it was a mess. They were literally looking for a "Down with this sort of thing" only with added bikers and racism.

Then the original poster removed himself from the group, and apparently all links to the whole thing seem to have vanished, or else they have cleverly just blocked me (and other bikers) from this subject all across the worldwideinterwebnetthing.

Was I dreaming all this? Did anyone else see it, and does anyone know what the point of all this was?

Confused.com-in-Cork.[/quote]

Ya see,cork is the issue here

sidegrinder 6th August 2019 12:54 PM

Yea I saw the post too, asked the question and am still waiting. The burnouts in front of RTE at leinster house did us the world of good last time. the protest clashes with Kilalane I think and while the championships done and dusted I'll be down there, unless I find out what it is I'm protesting.

me2 6th August 2019 02:20 PM

ya seemingly jumped on board with a "have protest, in search of much needed cause"....

I'm inclined to recommend ya follow the fbook op's lead in just retiring and forget all about it.

Having read and reread your post, it has left me in a very dark place for I'm afraid my blunt honesty would be construed as being inflammatory or outright offensive.

Alesi27 6th August 2019 02:38 PM

[quote=me2;3577488]ya seemingly jumped on board with a "have protest, in search of much needed cause"....

I'm inclined to recommend ya follow the fbook op's lead in just retiring and forget all about it.

Having read and reread your post, it has left me in a very dark place for I'm afraid my blunt honesty would be construed as being inflammatory or outright offensive.[/quote]

?????
Not sure how you came to that conclusion I just want rid of VAT on my safety gear and cheese slicer barriers removed. If others were protesting about the same I'd even consider joining them. That's what led me to engaging with these mystery ( or figments of my imagination) people.

When it appeared there was a racist element the alarm bells went off.

When it started looking like something out of Fr Ted with motorbikes is when it got entertaining and deserved to have the piss taken out of it.

If you feel in a dark place can I suggest a hug?

Alesi27 6th August 2019 03:19 PM

Re: Brainless wanktards on facebook organise protest

P.s. Loving the thread title change

renniks 6th August 2019 04:02 PM

I saw that alright - sounded like a bunch of dumb cunts to me, with added racism thrown in for good measure.

renniks 6th August 2019 04:26 PM

[quote=me2;3577488] I'm afraid my blunt honesty would be construed as being inflammatory or outright offensive.[/quote]

isn't that one of the main points of 'bicker.ie'?! :lbhbh:

me2 6th August 2019 04:45 PM

[quote=Alesi27;3577490]?????
When it started looking like something out of Fr Ted with motorbikes is when it got entertaining and deserved to have the piss taken out of it.
[/quote]

:lbhbh: :lbhbh:

me2 6th August 2019 04:52 PM

[quote=renniks;3577501]isn't that one of the main points of 'bicker.ie'?! :lbhbh:[/quote]
:lbhbh:

Yeah but I'm gettin on a bit, but I'll be back fighting fit after me afternoon nap. :thumbsup2:

NODSTER 6th August 2019 04:55 PM

Re: Brainless wanktards on bookface organise protest

I got booted from the thread after mentioning the Killalane races were on the very same day and the fact the Dáil aren't returning from the summer recess until late September

Harley Riders Love A Reacharound 7th August 2019 11:46 AM

I shared it on face book, its a general protest about the state of things. Lots of people with issues at the moment and I thought it was a pretty decent idea. If your happy with the place at the minute then well and good, if you've a grievance then more than welcome to join. hadn't seen any stuff about racism to be honest?

SoulX 7th August 2019 01:16 PM

Protests are pointless in this country.Sure there's one every day about something and only a few get air-time
and varadcunt and his homies couldn't give a shit about any of it.
There's only one way to get any change in this place,Dan Breen knew that 100 yrs ago.

paudy 7th August 2019 02:53 PM

[quote=SoulX;3577589]Protests are pointless in this country.Sure there's one every day about something and only a few get air-time
and varadcunt and his homies couldn't give a shit about any of it.
There's only one way to get any change in this place,Dan Breen knew that 100 yrs ago.[/quote]

bs protests are the only way people have to start a bit of change, dan breens days are over, sure you only have to look north for that, soon you wont be able to mention the troubles never mind start a bit of a rebellion, if enough people protest the very least that will happen is during elections etc politicians start using peoples points as vote winners and slowly things might start to change, but sit at home and say nothing, nothing ever changes,
I dont know what this protest is about or who is organising it, and wont be going, is it the same crowd that was organising the 10k run in dublin / dunboyne to raise money to raise awareness of bikers or something like that, they disappeared of fairly quickly

renniks 7th August 2019 03:07 PM

[quote=SoulX;3577589]
There's only one way to get any change in this place,Dan Breen knew that 100 yrs ago.[/quote]

How's that - by killing people?

Jack stowage 7th August 2019 03:42 PM

Yeah..thats all we need, more attention on ourselves....we get victimised enough ..maybe its a cunning plan to get us involved so the media can focus on the "filty bikers are at it again"....to quote Jason Williamson..."FUCK OFF"

SoulX 7th August 2019 04:02 PM

[quote=paudy;3577596]bs protests are the only way people have to start a bit of change, dan breens days are over, sure you only have to look north for that, soon you wont be able to mention the troubles never mind start a bit of a rebellion, if enough people protest the very least that will happen is during elections etc politicians start using peoples points as vote winners and slowly things might start to change, but sit at home and say nothing, nothing ever changes,
I dont know what this protest is about or who is organising it, and wont be going, is it the same crowd that was organising the 10k run in dublin / dunboyne to raise money to raise awareness of bikers or something like that, they disappeared of fairly quickly[/quote]

We've had 10+ years of protests and nothing has changed,if anything it has gotten worse.
As for elections,they promise the sun moon and stars and as soon as they're in,we're forgotten.
I think it was Mark Twain who said,"If voting made any difference,they wouldn't let us do it"

positron 7th August 2019 04:11 PM

Racist bikers protesting about foreigners ey? Does anyone have an open-face helmet that I could borrow to attend this event?

PS: I am Indian (brown).

pedrosixfour 7th August 2019 05:30 PM

[quote=positron;3577612]Racist bikers protesting about foreigners ey? Does anyone have an open-face helmet that I could borrow to attend this event?

PS: I am Indian (brown).[/quote]

As an Indian, I think you're exempt from wearing a helmet buddy.

[IMG]https://lista10.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/moto-1.jpg[/IMG]

No Mass Day.

SoulX 7th August 2019 06:32 PM

[quote=positron;3577612]Racist bikers protesting about foreigners ey? Does anyone have an open-face helmet that I could borrow to attend this event?

Most of the lads moaning about foreigners are english,
but they don't see the irony :lbhbh:

Chickenhawk 7th August 2019 09:03 PM

Any relation to David Brown?

:)

I'll get me coat.

Jack stowage 7th August 2019 09:14 PM

[quote=SoulX;3577619]Most of the lads moaning about foreigners are english,
but they don't see the irony :lbhbh:[/quote]

But their Great grandad used to own the land your house is built on.....:lbhbh:

DavyH 7th August 2019 09:19 PM

[quote=Jack stowage;3577633]But their Great grandad used to own the land your house is built on.....:lbhbh:[/quote]

Gives me spuds back ya cooont

Japcati 7th August 2019 10:13 PM

I couldn't give a shit.
I've better things to be doing with my bike and my time,by going off on a nice spin somewhere.

sidegrinder 9th August 2019 02:05 PM

[quote=Harley Riders Love A Reacharound;3577582]I shared it on face book, its a general protest about the state of things. Lots of people with issues at the moment and I thought it was a pretty decent idea. If your happy with the place at the minute then well and good, if you've a grievance then more than welcome to join. hadn't seen any stuff about racism to be honest?[/quote]

a protest is always a decent idea and one worth doing however, it must have a focus, a protest protesting "whatever ails ya" will do more damage to a protest movement as not turning up at all. So far Ive heard topics like corruption ( good luck protesting against that), insurance, brexit, Leo Varadkar, mobile phone use in cars .., each in their own right is worthy of protest but this setup is nonsense. There's a lot of people unhappy with the state of the nation but frankly their time could be better utilised. The water protests will have reason to reappear soon I expect.. do it then. or when the judge gives boys A&B 2 years each with 1 suspended. block up the city centre then..

SUGS 9th August 2019 02:10 PM

..I'm going to arrange a protest against protesters protesting...:woots:

sidegrinder 9th August 2019 02:20 PM

[quote=SUGS;3577709]..I'm going to arrange a protest against protesters protesting...:woots:[/quote]

Perfectly acceptable thing to do..

me2 9th August 2019 03:06 PM

[quote=SUGS;3577709]..I'm going to arrange a protest against protesters protesting...:woots:[/quote]

I'll join ya, I feel we need to keep Europe a communist free zone. :thumbsup2:

edit: Wonder if this chap might be available to join us?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/nyregion/shootings-panic-anxiety.html

renniks 9th August 2019 03:39 PM

Give Mr. Corcoran a shout for pointers.
Seen here taking care of business in Dame Street :
[IMG]http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/nov2004/times_3.jpg[/IMG]

Admin 9th August 2019 05:18 PM

First they came for the protests, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not give a shit.

Then they came for RTE's live-at-three and the Angelus and I did not speak out—
Because they were both a bag of shyte

Then they came for Eamon Dumphy, Dempseys Den and Zig & Zag and I did not speak out—
Because they were awful muppets the lot of em

Then they came for the online petitions — And some gobsheen re-opened a petition to end all petitions ;

[url]https://www.change.org/p/petition-to-stop-all-petitions[/url]