Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Insurance help (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=249024)

HurricaneDream 30th June 2019 09:42 PM

Insurance help

Was travelling through newcastle west recently and had a car pull out on me , went straight into them .

Gave the garda a statement today and was given the drivers details . What's the next step as i am not claiming liability for the accident ?

He has already had an assessor down so id imagine i would have to get one as well. Any help is appreciated

DavyH 30th June 2019 10:04 PM

Re: Insurance help

If there’s no injury’s you’ll have it cleared up pretty quick. You should definitely get an independent assessment done. See what they come back with and take it from there

uisce1969 30th June 2019 10:48 PM

Write everything down while it is still fresh and draw it out on paper like a map where position on the road was for both of your vehicles were it could be important in the future if the other person were to change there mind about accepting responsibility . Also contact a solicitor for advice it cannot hurt to protect yourself . :thumbsup2:

Dominus Obsequious Sororium 1st July 2019 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=HurricaneDream;3575301]Was travelling through newcastle west recently and had a car pull out on me , went straight into them .

Gave the garda a statement today and was given the drivers details . What's the next step as i am not claiming liability for the accident ?

He has already had an assessor down so id imagine i would have to get one as well. Any help is appreciated[/QUOTE]

Have you informed your insurer? Did the other party accept liability? Have you witnesses?
Definitely seek legal advice, they could decide to claim it was your fault (crazy motorbike fling down the road, never had a chance....)

me2 1st July 2019 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=Dominus Obsequious Sororium;3575334]Have you informed your insurer? Did the other party accept liability? Have you witnesses?
Definitely seek legal advice, they could decide to claim it was your fault (crazy motorbike fling down the road, never had a chance....)[/QUOTE]
Same thought here, regardless of how ya want to go about settling it tell the insurance.

Once knew somebody who agreed to a private settlement only to find out later that the other party was processing their claim through their insurance also. The other party was seeking a private cash payment prior to the insurance claim being discovered.

That said, there are a lot of nice people on the road, but funny how ya only remember the handful scummers ya meet on there.

SoulX 1st July 2019 08:20 PM

I know it's a bit late now but you should take loads of pictures while you're waiting for the feds.
As said above,people can change their mind about what happened when they call their ins co.
I had a accident a few years ago and yer man told his insurers a total fairytale.
If I didn't have pics I'd probably still be arguing with them.

tomtwix 2nd July 2019 12:07 AM

Get a solicitor....end of:thumbsup2:
And your own assessor to claim for damage to your bike

HurricaneDream 19th July 2019 10:22 PM

Thanks for the info guys i never got around to replying, still in the process of getting an assessor down from the other guys insurance .

I got a good few pics of the accident anyway :)