Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Deauville? (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=251370)

2shea 16th May 2020 01:37 AM

New Deauville?

What you think?

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/ncT9jbgc/2-LETENEUR-Ulysse-Honda-NT1000-V-Full-1200x800-1024x683.jpg[/img][/url]

Meant to be using the African Twin engine so about 100bhp with shaft drive and DCT.

They should have just made the CTX 700 shaft drive and that would have been a great replacement for the Deauville.

It's a segment that has an opening, mid-sized, shaft driven machine for commuting and a bit of touring.

johnny b 16th May 2020 07:17 AM

Re: New Deauville?

Giant over complicated moped!

When are Honda going to give the people what they want again?
Mentally fast reliable bikes at a decent price.

Not over priced, underpowered, drab coloured tree hugging euro 5 compliant shite that's impossible to whip out without 17 warning lights going off and green price being informed.

PADDYOT 16th May 2020 08:09 AM

I started to gaze upon the picture, starting at the top and working my way down...

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kefXPTM.jpg[/img]

Sorry, just not my cup of tea. :bag:

Jack stowage 16th May 2020 08:29 AM

Fucking awful...when did designers stop using nice soft curves...everything has to be sharp angles and transformer looking....it looks like architects are designing bikes thesedays....if it had LuckyLucky1000 on it no-one would be surprised...:rolleyes2:

cracker boy 16th May 2020 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=johnny b;3592080]Giant over complicated moped!

When are Honda going to give the people what they want again?
Mentally fast reliable bikes at a decent price.

Not over priced, underpowered, drab coloured tree hugging euro 5 compliant shite that's impossible to whip out without 17 warning lights going off and green price being informed.[/QUOTE]

I'm heartbroken Johnny...........you've just perfectly described my Crosstourer!!!!!

:lbhbh:

2shea 16th May 2020 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=cracker boy;3592094]I'm heartbroken Johnny...........you've just perfectly described my Crosstourer!!!!!

:lbhbh:[/QUOTE]

Did you get the DCT crosstourer?

Technician 16th May 2020 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=johnny b;3592080]Not over priced, underpowered, drab coloured tree hugging euro 5 compliant shite that's impossible to whip out without 17 warning lights going off and green price being informed.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not you johnny, but this is exactly what buyers want from Honda.

Those buyers are [B]generally[/B] not on here.

blk150 16th May 2020 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Technician;3592097]Perhaps not you johnny, but this is exactly what buyers want from Honda.

Those buyers are [B]generally[/B] not on here.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I won't be buying one but i can see couriers having a hard on for these in about 20 years :lbhbh:

Rockster 16th May 2020 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=Technician;3592097]Perhaps not you johnny, but this is exactly what buyers want from Honda.

Those buyers are [B]generally[/B] not on here.[/QUOTE]

Agree, most Deauville owners Id imagine use them as commuting hacks and generally I dont see them on your Sunday spin type scenario.
Bhp and mad styling not a priority, but comfort, reliability, wind protection and ease of maintenance being the main selling points.
Having said all that it does look a bit cack in fairness and if I was ever in the market for that kind of bike an Fjr would be my first port of call....

woodsman 16th May 2020 12:54 PM

Itís perfect if youíre not into bikes.:talktohand:

allsorts&oddjobs 16th May 2020 01:02 PM

Its just an update of my twenty year old pan euro, but fugly with it, and its a no from me.

johnny b 16th May 2020 01:22 PM

Cracker boy yours is euro 4 so only 13 warning lights and green peace will be informed!:cool3:

BlK150 its a 1000cc no courier will be a bit to afford to run it even in 20years and there won't be enough sold to have parts in decent supply second hand. :doh:

Technician, I have to disagree.
This is basically a cb1000 with shaft drive and a parallel twin engine. :rolleyes2:

What people want is decent power for the bikes cc, decent handling and decent looking bikes!

The whole point of the original dueville was it's was like a baby pan European.
Cheap as chips to run, great comfort, practical and reliable but making it 1000cc is stupidity!

Honda need to rethink their entire line up.

250 400 600 750 1000cc sports bike that don't cost 30 grand.

600cc, 1000cc and a hyper sport tourers.
Bring back the blackbird.

250cc 450cc and 650cc enduro bikes with long service intervals and respectable power for cc.

On that note why don't any manufacturers make a 50/50 road enduro that looks like a Dakar bike? Not 700cc anchors!

600 and 1200cc adventure bikes that don't have 38inch seat heights with no adjustability.

They have lost their way in my opinion.
I bought a crf250 rally and fuck me it near bored me to tears!
Heavy, gutless, cheap finish, no craic and because they put in a safety clutch you couldn't wheelie the fucking thing unless you hit a humpback bridge flat out.

That thing above looks like that Chinese brand CF moto....ffs!

I'm so pissed off in considering buying a ktm!

Technician 16th May 2020 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=johnny b;3592108]
What people want is decent power for the bikes cc, decent handling and decent looking bikes! [/QUOTE]

This is the bit that you're overestimating, based on your own self-appraisal, but you would be surprised at how many bike buyers are out there - yes even in Ireland - who don't want any of this at all, and just want a comfy tool with several mod-cons and the reassurance of [the perception of] a well-engineered product from Honda to meet their brief.

Like I said, probably not so many on here, but there are a few for sure, and nothing wrong with that.

[QUOTE=johnny b;3592108]
Bring back the Blackbird.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. But even then, the Bird had its detractors from those who couldn't see beyond buzzy 2 strokes and rev-happy middleweights - looking at the Bird as an auld fellas bike, safe/comfy/bland albeit very fast.

You can be sure a $40bn company like Honda isn't dreaming up stuff people don't actually want. Their market research bill I can imagine is eye-watering, even if you don't necessarily see evidence of it anywhere (like all good market research).

The typical customer profile is most likely older and more conservative than it was 20 years ago, and definitely moreso compared to 30 and 40 years ago, and so the product range has shifted to better meet the want.

DavyH 16th May 2020 02:26 PM

The original Africa twin was 650....the same as the Deauville....the new twin motor is a much better engine,delivers good power and its been proven very reliable,and Iíd say the parallel twin setup is lighter than the old vtwin and Iím fairly sure itís as fuel efficient while giving you about twice the horsepower...so I donít get your point Johnny.

2wheelsrbetter 16th May 2020 02:32 PM

hi johnny , what youre looking for is that ol honda transalp/dominator , but with proper power , how about the t7 ?

cracker boy 16th May 2020 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=2shea;3592096]Did you get the DCT crosstourer?[/QUOTE]

I did yeah......went across the water in Feb and rode it home (just in time, thanks be to jaysus)

cracker boy 16th May 2020 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=johnny b;3592108]Cracker boy yours is euro 4 so only 13 warning lights and green peace will be informed!:cool3:[/QUOTE]

I'll go one better........it's only euro 3!!!! Fuck Green Peace

FuzzyWuzzyWazza 16th May 2020 05:10 PM

Looks like that 'picture' was from last summer and was a mock-up done by a French magazine, I think the rumour they were alluding to, is what is going to be the smaller Africa Twin, not that thing.

I'd definitely be interested to see something that ticks a bunch of the boxes this bike would, even just to update my Deauville to something newer :bag:

Here's another rendering of what a Deauville replacement could look like.... might be slightly better..... maybe.....

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190724/f9549a94c7aac258609ea722780ed33c.jpg[/img]

Gixxer 16th May 2020 11:02 PM

I think it's ugly as fuck.

johnny b 17th May 2020 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=2wheelsrbetter;3592111]hi johnny , what youre looking for is that ol honda transalp/dominator , but with proper power , how about the t7 ?[/QUOTE]

I want a drz450 with 6 gears!:thumbsup2:

The T7 needs a step ladder accessory for me so no go. :doh:

Don't mind me I'm just grumpy as fuck having to work through lockdown watching everyone else have the craic.:bag:

That dullsville mock up just looks like a cbf1000.
[url]https://www.thebikemarket.co.uk/honda/cbf/cbf1000[/url]

DavyH 17th May 2020 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=johnny b;3592139]I want a drz450 with 6 gears!:thumbsup2:

The T7 needs a step ladder accessory for me so no go. :doh:

[B]Don't mind me I'm just grumpy as fuck having to work through lockdown watching everyone else have the craic.:bag:[/B]

That dullsville mock up just looks like a cbf1000.
[url]https://www.thebikemarket.co.uk/honda/cbf/cbf1000[/url][/QUOTE]

same as mesmelf lad,havenít stopped! The t7 is a great bike,I wouldnít be surprised if Honda brought something along to compete with it :thumbsup2:

oretom 17th May 2020 11:08 AM

thatsa bit ugly

thecrutch 17th May 2020 02:15 PM

it'll prolly sell by the bucket load

woodsman 17th May 2020 02:26 PM

I think the word to describe much of the Honda range is ď Frumpy ď.

Dirtyshirt 17th May 2020 05:16 PM

Is there a source for that? Every so often the same "new deauville" images start doing the rounds, but nothing comes of them. Same as the New VFR1200/Pan that never happened.
As for fugly, people are buying the NC750 in droves, even though it is more gutless than the deauville, ten times as ungly, and has a chain instead of a shaft. The market for this bike is not the biker. It's the gazillions of asian and european folk who use motorcycles to commute, the many agencies who need a no frills bike with storage space, and capable of motorway speed. The type of people who have made "super scooters" a thing.
Why do you think so many cops around europe use the Deauville? Driving testers? Blood Bikes? Low risk for insurance too cos nobody wants to steal it.
With my deau just over the 10 years old, and 50,000 miles on the clock, I'll consider one over a BMW RT when the time for replacement comes round.

FuzzyWuzzyWazza 17th May 2020 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=Dirtyshirt;3592172]
With my deau just over the 10 years old, and 50,000 miles on the clock, I'll consider one over a BMW RT when the time for replacement comes round.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my thinking too, if I don't replace it beforehand (it's 15 years old at this stage)

hedzball 17th May 2020 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3592140]same as mesmelf lad,havenít stopped! The t7 is a great bike,I wouldnít be surprised if Honda brought something along to compete with it :thumbsup2:[/QUOTE]

Theres a 850 AT in the works I believe!!

Dirtyshirt 17th May 2020 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=hedzball;3592176]Theres a 850 AT in the works I believe!![/QUOTE]

I heard 900.