Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Bagster (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=248784)

Jaded 10th June 2019 11:44 PM

Bagster

Howdy. Long story short ive been offered a bagster tank cover for my bike for a reasonable price .
I've not used them before and am wondering is there any drawbacks from using one .e.g. do they damage /scrape the paint underneath or cause rust ect? The paint on the tank is very good so I don't want to risk damaging it

Gixxer 10th June 2019 11:56 PM

Re: Bagster

I've used them for many bikes for many years and never has a problem.

Jaded 11th June 2019 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=Gixxer;3573751]I've used them for many bikes for many years and never has a problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude .you know yourself I just had some doubts .
The only time I ever had to do anything with one was when I bought a bike for a mate that was out of the country .when I took the cover off there was condisation between it and the tank.

Gixxer 11th June 2019 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=Jaded;3573753]Thanks dude .you know yourself I just had some doubts .
The only time I ever had to do anything with one was when I bought a bike for a mate that was out of the country .when I took the cover off there was condisation between it and the tank.[/QUOTE]

I only take mine off if I'm giving the bike a proper cleaning, and that rarely happens, but I've never had any issues at all. :thumbsup2:

allsorts&oddjobs 11th June 2019 01:33 AM

Apply a good coat of wax now and again to protect the paint, probably not necessary but wont hurt.

silver fox 11th June 2019 09:20 AM

[QUOTE=allsorts&oddjobs;3573756]Apply a good coat of wax now and again to protect the paint, probably not necessary but wont hurt.[/QUOTE]

My brother put one on his last bike from new and never took it off and there were small rust spots on the tank when he took off the tank cover. Mind you it lived outside under a cover and never saw cleaning or waxing and it was 12 years old when he replaced it.

Jaded 11th June 2019 09:44 AM

Cheers lads .I'll give the tank a good sealing first so and check it every now and then .

blk150 11th June 2019 09:57 AM

They are great yokes imo. Had them on several bikes without a problem ever. Just give the tank a good clean before putting it on and make sure to remove it every now and then to air it out.

Rainman 11th June 2019 10:27 AM

I had one on a Transalp, trick I used was to give the tank a liberal coating of wax and leave it without polishing it, the wax protects the paintwork and the tank was like new 10 years later.

Jaded 11th June 2019 10:52 AM

Thanks lads .I'll give the tank a good coat of fusso. That's the best sealant/wax on the market imo .that stuff lasts a good 10/ 12 months so should do the job nicely.

johnny b 11th June 2019 02:47 PM

I've had a few.
Great jokes very practical.
Never had issues scrapping. Make sure you fit it properly.

Still have a 2006/07 zx10 and a 2006/07 gsxr 600/750 one in the shed off old bikes.

I'll swap either of these for a blackbird one or selling cheap if anyone is in the market.