Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hayabusa k1 Fuel pressure regulator (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=248745)

DavyH 5th June 2019 10:25 PM

Hayabusa k1 Fuel pressure regulator

Anyone aware of a replacement part for these,Suzuki only sell it as part of a service kit for the pump and itís extortionate. I know I can dick about with it to raise the pressure but I would rather swap it it out with a new part while Iím doing the pump, itís falling slightly short only holding 2.7 bar as opposed to 3 bar specíd,pump flow rate is also down so between the pair itís causing hesitations,any info much appreciated

Mr Snapped Banjo String 5th June 2019 11:46 PM

Re: Hayabusa k1 Fuel pressure regulator

[url]https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gsx1300_model13767/[/url]

Have a root through that and see if it helps

DavyH 6th June 2019 12:18 AM

[QUOTE=Mr Snapped Banjo String;3573426][url]https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gsx1300_model13767/[/url]

Have a root through that and see if it helps[/QUOTE]

Yeah sound,been through the parts fiche for them,regulator comes as part of the filter assy so about 300 notes +....thanks though

scorpy 6th June 2019 05:28 PM

Is it marked with any other part numbers? Sometimes a generic search of the PN will reveal that it's also fitted to some weird other vehicle for pennies

scorpy 6th June 2019 05:34 PM

[url]https://www.ebay.it/itm/QFS-3Bar-45psi-Fuel-Pressure-Regulator-Converts-Internal-Pump-to-External-Suzuki-/183114755749[/url].

Not sure. Don't know the bus so...

scorpy 6th June 2019 05:41 PM

[url]https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-28316706-quantum-fuel-pressure-regulator-for-suzuki-hayabusa-gsx1300r-2013-2019-replaces-15100-15h11.html[/url]

This would seem reasonable....

I polished one off to a dude 6th June 2019 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3573422]Anyone aware of a replacement part for these,Suzuki only sell it as part of a service kit for the pump and itís extortionate. I know I can dick about with it to raise the pressure but I would rather swap it it out with a new part while Iím doing the pump, itís falling slightly short only holding 2.7 bar as opposed to 3 bar specíd,pump flow rate is also down so between the pair itís causing hesitations,any info much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Is the bike fueled right as it is?
Raising the pressure will richen it up a tad

DavyH 6th June 2019 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=I polished one off to a dude;3573477]Is the bike fueled right as it is?
Raising the pressure will richen it up a tad[/QUOTE]

Itís fitted with a pc 111,and has a map marked for yoshi pipes with a filter but it looked like someone just gave it fuel everywhere up to 6k rpm and zeroíd everywhere else. I uploaded a zero map and it made no difference. It has a slight hesitation just off idle,and drops 1 and sometimes 2 cylinders,and itís random which ones drop. Pump flow rate was 1.8lpm ,specíd for 2.4....has to be the pump!!! Regulator is only down .2 bar but I want to be able to hold 3 bar on it,not looking to up the pressure over stock,just give it the specíd pressure and flow rate....at least at that point the fuel system is dealt with

DavyH 6th June 2019 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=scorpy;3573476][url]https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-28316706-quantum-fuel-pressure-regulator-for-suzuki-hayabusa-gsx1300r-2013-2019-replaces-15100-15h11.html[/url]

This would seem reasonable....[/QUOTE]

Thanks,but thereís an internal pump and reg on this,that I believe is for a modified pump that you can set up on them but requires a fair few bits and lots of messing about

I polished one off to a dude 6th June 2019 06:40 PM

i see
wonder if the pump is down 25% on volume, is this the reason why the pressure is down coming out the reg?
or have you checked pressure pre-reg and found it to be 3.0 or above already

DavyH 6th June 2019 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=I polished one off to a dude;3573481]i see
wonder if the pump is down 25% on volume, is this the reason why the pressure is down coming out the reg?
or have you checked pressure pre-reg and found it to be 3.0 or above already[/QUOTE]

Ran the pump on itís own and several times I could hear it dip and the amps went up on the meter,didnít test the flow rate without the reg though...fairly certain itís goosed

I polished one off to a dude 6th June 2019 06:53 PM

i'm just wondering if the pump is the pressure 'and' flow prob and the reg is ok, be a pain to pay for a reg if it was ok

DavyH 6th June 2019 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=I polished one off to a dude;3573483]i'm just wondering if the pump is the pressure 'and' flow prob and the reg is ok, be a pain to pay for a reg if it was ok[/QUOTE]

Well I’ve tested the reg separately,it’s not holding 3 bar so I may try the old 8mm socket trick but that can be hit and miss...ideally a new one would be great. But yeah I was thinking the same but I’m now at the point I’m done fucking about with it,want the fuel system right so at least there’ll be no questions over it being part or all of the issue

vifferman 6th June 2019 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3573482]Ran the pump on itís own and several times I could hear it dip and the amps went up on the meter,didnít test the flow rate without the reg though...fairly certain itís goosed[/QUOTE]

That definitely sounds like a dud pump motor. Is the pump in the tank and how is it attached to the regulator. Motor Factors sell standard in tank pumps for less than 30 Euro.

DavyH 7th June 2019 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=vifferman;3573494]That definitely sounds like a dud pump motor. Is the pump in the tank and how is it attached to the regulator. Motor Factors sell standard in tank pumps for less than 30 Euro.[/QUOTE]

In tank pump,reg is mounted by a T piece that sits into a plastic housing above the feed of the pump,it’s a very unusually shaped and specific regulator,I’ve yet to find anything that’s even close to the same shape

vifferman 7th June 2019 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3573496]In tank pump,reg is mounted by a T piece that sits into a plastic housing above the feed of the pump,itís a very unusually shaped and specific regulator,Iíve yet to find anything thatís even close to the same shape[/QUOTE]

Why are you convinced that the regulator is the problem. From your previous description, that pump motor is duff.

vifferman 7th June 2019 09:14 PM

If it is the pump, then [URL="https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-HAYABUSA-GSXR1300-GSXR-1300-R-RZ-1999-2000-2001-2002-FUEL-PUMP-KIT/151994995125?epid=915146356&hash=item23639b91b5:g:OYsAAOSwDuJWzwEW"]This[/URL] would do the job.
About Ä30 delivered.:thumbsup2:

DavyH 7th June 2019 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=vifferman;3573522]Why are you convinced that the regulator is the problem. From your previous description, that pump motor is duff.[/QUOTE]

The pump is at least 50% of the problem,itís way down on its rate,but the regulator is definitely suspect too. Like I know itís only 4 or 5 psi but I donít see the point replacing the pump alone at that point. I can get a spurious pump no problem,but the regulator is a different story

vifferman 8th June 2019 12:04 AM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3573525] I know itís only 4 or 5 psi but I donít see the point replacing the pump alone at that point...... [/QUOTE]

Why? It's most likely all that's wrong.

DavyH 8th June 2019 12:22 AM

[QUOTE=vifferman;3573528]Why? It's most likely all that's wrong.[/QUOTE]

Well if I had some perimeters that specíd it in or out of serviceable condition Iíd say fuck it and throw a pump at it,however this is a bike Iím working on,the guy will have to pay a labour bill...my job is to efficiently repair the problem,while also maintaining my hours of paid labour to keep the boss happy. So I donít really want to play a guessing game with it,and have to revisit stripping the pump out to replace a part I already suspect is an issue,or at least part of it.

If it was my own bike I would certainly try a pump alone, but I donít think people appreciate having their bill jumped up,so Iím kinda stuck between the rock and the hard place on that one ,if I can find a replacement for reasonable money,Iíd really rather just replacing it while Iím already in there

vifferman 8th June 2019 12:57 AM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3573530]Well if I had some perimeters that specíd it in or out of serviceable condition Iíd say fuck it and throw a pump at it,however this is a bike Iím working on,the guy will have to pay a labour bill...my job is to efficiently repair the problem,while also maintaining my hours of paid labour to keep the boss happy. So I donít really want to play a guessing game with it,and have to revisit stripping the pump out to replace a part I already suspect is an issue,or at least part of it.

If it was my own bike I would certainly try a pump alone, but I donít think people appreciate having their bill jumped up,so Iím kinda stuck between the rock and the hard place on that one ,if I can find a replacement for reasonable money,Iíd really rather just replacing it while Iím already in there[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thought it was your bike. I'm in the trade myself and usually give the customer the choice. Full price for new Suzuki part, or take chance on cheap pump, but might need regulator. Generally fuel regulators don't give problems, but I work on cars, not familiar with Busa system.

DavyH 8th June 2019 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=vifferman;3573531]Ahh, thought it was your bike. I'm in the trade myself and usually give the customer the choice. Full price for new Suzuki part, or take chance on cheap pump, but might need regulator. Generally fuel regulators don't give problems, but I work on cars, not familiar with Busa system.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the advice anyway,itís not looking possible to find a replacement regulator unless I go the genuine route,I guess I will have to try a fresh pump and take it from there

Gixxer 9th June 2019 12:21 AM

It's a piece of piss to test which component is wrong. Just send it to someone who knows what they're doing. :bag:

DavyH 9th June 2019 08:06 AM

[QUOTE=Gixxer;3573564]It's a piece of piss to test which component is wrong. Just send it to someone who knows what they're doing. :bag:[/QUOTE]

Theyíre already tested,and the results are stated. I see youíre still the same bellend youíll always be....Good man though another attempt at being a smart arse,get back under your rock old man.

Gixxer 9th June 2019 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3573570]Theyíre already tested,and the results are stated. I see youíre still the same bellend youíll always be....Good man though another attempt at being a smart arse,get back under your rock old man.[/QUOTE]

You're going throwing a 300 quid part at a job and you have no idea if it's that that's wrong, but the customer will get the bill for it anyway, even if it's only the fuel pump that's at fault, which, going off your stated testing, would [B][U]seem[/U][/B] to be the case.
You're playing a guessing game at the customer's expense. Well done you :thumbsup2:

DavyH 9th June 2019 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=Gixxer;3573591]You're going throwing a 300 quid part at a job and you have no idea if it's that that's wrong, but the customer will get the bill for it anyway, even if it's only the fuel pump that's at fault, which, going off your stated testing, would [B][U]seem[/U][/B] to be the case.
You're playing a guessing game at the customer's expense. Well done you :thumbsup2:[/QUOTE]

Where did I say I was putting a 300 quid part in? Where?

Itís not really a guessing game,itís a process of elimination,the parts come up short on the specs....so what does that tell you .

So if youíre not up on things I suggest you read over from the start,because the point is Iím trying to save the expense of a genuine regulator by trying to see if anyone was aware of another option other than genuine. Which ultimately saves labour if itís not just the pump at fault cause I wonít have to go back in.But anyway,fuck off:doh:

Gixxer 9th June 2019 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=DavyH;3573592]Where did I say I was putting a 300 quid part in? Where?

It’s not really a guessing game,it’s a process of elimination,the parts come up short on the specs....so what does that tell you .

So if you’re not up on things I suggest you read over from the start,because the point is I’m trying to save the expense of a genuine regulator by trying to see if anyone was aware of another option other than genuine. Which ultimately saves labour if it’s not just the pump at fault cause I won’t have to go back in.But anyway,fuck off:doh:[/QUOTE]

It's easy to see why your place has the reputation it has :thumbsup2:

Gixxer 9th June 2019 09:40 PM

Have you considered doing the sensible thing... phoning the customer and saying "Hey, your fuel pump is fucked and needs replacing (because it is and does). There's a chance the pressure regulator could also be fucked, but we won't know until we've fitted the pump. The pump is €x.xx and the regulator is €x.xx. We can fit just the pump for you but it'll cost you more in the long run if the regulator needs replacing too. What would you like us to do?"

You know, like a normal garage would do?

DavyH 9th June 2019 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=Gixxer;3573600]It's easy to see why your place has the reputation it has :thumbsup2:[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok, just find something constructive to do with yourself....coming across as a very pathetic man

DavyH 9th June 2019 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=Gixxer;3573606]Have you considered doing the sensible thing... phoning the customer and saying "Hey, your fuel pump is fucked and needs replacing (because it is and does). There's a chance the pressure regulator could also be fucked, but we won't know until we've fitted the pump. The pump is Äx.xx and the regulator is Äx.xx. We can fit just the pump for you but it'll cost you more in the long run if the regulator needs replacing too. What would you like us to do?"

You know, like a normal garage would do?[/QUOTE]

You know what,I have. And he just wants it fixed...but he also needs a chain and sprockets ,and rear pads ,and tyres pretty soon. So stupid me for trying to save him some money and fixing what i believe is faulty, with a reasonable labour bill. Itís just typical that you jump to your bullshit conclusions as if you have some better idea from your armchair. Iím actually on the tools, I know how it works or I wouldnít still have a job